Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

58 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

^ and Tuuk Custom + holders! Get Marleau a CCM HT-2 helmet and it's back to the future.

I think he was in those until recently as well. I love his style, as a fellow child of the 90's: synthetic leather 4-rolls, standard shaft and slightly-curved blade topped by a long wood end plug, even (down spec'd for the original 9K release) white TPU outsoles on those wheels!

47 minutes ago, A2rhino said:

Joe Thronton is the same way with the old CCM skates U+ skates. Was in Tuuk Custom + holders but now is Tuuk Edge holders.

Not even just Thornton (who's also still using shaft and blade combos), but Joel Ward's still rocking the U-boats (the sublimated print looks like a submarine diving to me).

SJM-SHARKS-0430-24-L.jpg

Some great "go with what you know and works" classic equipment on that team.

I'm pretty sure that Loui Eriksson is still rocking the U+ skates, as well. If Marleau were my size then I'd be trying to steal his stash of unused 9ks with the Custom +.

I think he'd fight pretty viciously to keep them :)

Looks like you're right on Loui too--still in the U-boats. Those are some diehard fans of that model. Saku Koivu included.

28 minutes ago, Hat_Trick_Hokie said:

Chimera even uses the old holders!

Chimera has switched to JetSpeeds, but Blues' Robert Bortuzzo is still wearing U+ skates.

On April 21, 2016 at 3:50 AM, decoy said:

Nope, It's the 2016 Vapor 1X, and I didn' say it's spray painted. It's a factory job.

2r582l2.jpg

The new 1X does not have black anywhere on the stick. Don't really know how to explain this one but it almost looks like it could be a two piece stick in the picture. There is a very distinct straight line where the blade would end and a shaft would begin if he decided to experiment. He's been using O33 (TotalOne) since forever

3 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

The new 1X does not have black anywhere on the stick. Don't really know how to explain this one but it almost looks like it could be a two piece stick in the picture. There is a very distinct straight line where the blade would end and a shaft would begin if he decided to experiment. He's been using O33 (TotalOne) since forever

This is a special graphic made for Kane, a black taper and a blade, because he prefers that look. Yes he's been using T1 and One95 before that. People are fully aware that these new sticks are mostly just new paintjobs.

13 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Not many liked them because they were "soft" compared to the other offerings at the time.

And they felt like rocks on your feet until they were heated.

Other playoff guys using ancient equipment:

Carl Hagelin has been using a stick with a 20K paint job all year. 

I assume comapnies wont put old graphics on a new stick, right? Only new graphics on older models? So, I assume that makes it at least 3 - 4 years old. 

15 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Not many liked them because they were "soft" compared to the other offerings at the time.

And if I remember correctly, the U+ Pro had a lot of durability issues that had to be addressed with the U+ Pro "Reloaded" model.

Kivistö as well. The national team stock is usually retail with minor mods, such as colorway and/or added flag embroidery.

1-03609503.jpg