Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Got a brand new 2nd gen green Z-Bubble in the mail and thought I'd take a pic of my family of Easton shafts (some converted OPS, some broken) before a couple of them headed out the door to fellow MSH members. Nowhere near some peoples' here, but I've had several Eastons stolen or broken/thrown away as well. :(

Top to bottom:

Cyclone Aluminum 85 (used)

Cyclone Graphite 95 (new)

Cyclone Graphite 95 (used)

Cyclone graphite 95 (broken)

A/G 6000 (new)

T-Flex Graphite 95 (broken Modano custom)

T-Flex Graphite 85 (used)

Z-Bubble 100 (new)

Z-Bubble 100 (used)

Z-Bubble 100 (broken)

Synergy 85 (broken)

S17 85 (broken)

My-Eastons.jpg

LOVE my Eastons, but this just came in the mail today as well...

RedLite-XN10-4.jpg

Very nice shaft collection. Shame about the broken T Flex. I have a feeling you're gonna like the picture I'm going to put up sometime next week. :wink:

Edited by Krev

Where did the Cyclones range from low to high end shafts? I remember those reddish ones and I absolutely love them.

They are a high-end shaft, or at least were at the time. Basically an UltraLite with a very thin and extremely rounded shape. Easton could never decide how to market/sell them most effectively. They came in 70 and 95 flexes (which felt like 90 and 105 flexes honestly) and were sold as senior shafts. Later, Easton kept the 95 as a senior, but began referring to their 70 as an intermediate despite the fact that they didn't change a thing and it was the same size. Compression-molded graphite covered with kevlar, just like the standard Easton recipe of the day. Marked as 270 grams, although that's about 20-30 grams too light, even without the wood plug. Amazing shafts though.

Awesome, I thought they were a high end shaft. I should have an old red one laying around somewhere, I'd love to find that thing and get it a try now. I think it's one of my favorite shafts ever to be honest.

if it was anyone else i would probably call shenanigans - but since it is drew i would bet it is his real collection.

does mike have your cell number? he might need some extra sticks this year in motown.

Hey Phunk - I'm pretty sure that's still one of the pre buyout pro sticks. The newer made TPS stuff (by Sherwood) is distinctly blade heavy, and dead feeling IMO. I'm sure MC and some of the other TPS users here would agree that one of the best characteristics of the older TPS sticks was the balance. Just amazing balance top to bottom. That Kotalik stick you're getting will feel like nothing in your hands because of the balance. Just flat out unmatchable.

One other thing I've noticed, which could be nothing but still interesting nonetheless, is that the older TPS pro sticks will be stamped Made in Canada on the underside of the shaft, while the newer ones are not. Additionally, your checkerboard weave is visible (older TPS), while the new ones are not (painted gloss black).

Edit: Thanks everyone for the replies on the gloves. I've been on a buying streak here lately and I have to cool it. :D

Used the R8 the other night in practice - absolutely awesome! Taking me some time to get used to an OPS again so the blade feels quite 'pingy', but the balance and shot power is out of this world.

Now I'm on the hunt for more! Can I ask whether these are pre or post buyout? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300418422644&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I found some more Kotaliks at pro stock hockey but don't think they'll ship to me here in Aus unfortunately... I think they're also post buyouts going by your description.

I'll be pretty stoked if the cyclone's are anything close to high end. I've got one lying around in my room, maybe I'll throw a blade on it.

what now that you heard that it was a high end stick at one point, you want to use it?

what now that you heard that it was a high end stick at one point, you want to use it?

Partly, but mainly because it has a lefty blade on it. If it was righty, I wouldn't hesitate to try it. Don't really want to buy a blade for it(even if it's cheap), just to not like it and turn away.