Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

23 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I saw about 65 grams difference between v1 and v2. 

They dont allow orders without a holder attached. 

I have the shot blockers in my True's that I just got in February and even with those, they weighed in at the same weight as AS1's. For the 50 grams, it's definitely worth it.

2 hours ago, Miller55 said:

The site shows two custom goalie models, a 1-piece and a 2-piece model. I'm not a goalie but the one piece looks wild.

Those haven't changed, yet. They're exactly the same as they've been for quite some time.

2 hours ago, Coldclay said:

I just want to order custom True skates, without the holder and just the boot. My kid skates on Marsblade and have no use for the True Shift holder...

They stopped doing boot-only orders a while ago.

6 hours ago, darkhors said:

Has anyone heard who True is going to be using for runners yet. That picture doesn't look like STEP, which we know is phasing out production.

Maybe tydan given step went with CCM and now apparently tydan is going through a (similar?) patent issue?

31 minutes ago, gsr027 said:

Maybe tydan given step went with CCM and now apparently tydan is going through a (similar?) patent issue?

TRUE has plenty of connections with steel. I am not sure who they are sourcing it from but the quality looks good from what I have seen. Is it as good as STEP? I personally dont think so. But its still very high quality. 

Note: Pro Customs still come with STEP steel and they have a lot in stock from what I have been told. 

33 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

This is correct. its now a locknut. Much easier to swap/replace. 

Thank goodness.  This was my only complaint with my Trues.  The tendon rivets suck, so I had to rig my own bolt system to keep my tendon guards on.

10 hours ago, Coldclay said:

I just want to order custom True skates, without the holder and just the boot. My kid skates on Marsblade and have no use for the True Shift holder...

Order them with holders not attached and no holes drilled (or just tell them to drill holes for the marsbalde). I had them do that for my ccm SB holders. They drilled the holes specifically for the SB holders and kept the true holders off. I just ended up selling my true holders on sideline. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:16 PM, shoot_the_goalie said:

Thank goodness.  This was my only complaint with my Trues.  The tendon rivets suck, so I had to rig my own bolt system to keep my tendon guards on.

I never had any issues but maybe thats becuase I flare my coppers after I set them as opposed to others. Ive never once had an issue with rivets in any pair of my own skates or skates for others I have worked on. 

2 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I never had any issues but maybe thats becuase I flare my coppers after I set them as opposed to others. Ive never once had an issue with rivets in any pair of my own skates or skates for others I have worked on. 

Same. Never had issues with the tendon on either of my trues. Ppl need to just stop using it as leverage to take their skates off. There's no reason why a copper rivet isn't more than enough to secure that part. 

Rivets on the holder is another story though. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Same. Never had issues with the tendon on either of my trues. Ppl need to just stop using it as leverage to take their skates off. There's no reason why a copper rivet isn't more than enough to secure that part. 

Rivets on the holder is another story though. 

I never used my tendon guards as leverage to take my skates off.  Always handled my skates with great care, and my rivets popped off twice on both skates.  I agree with SkateWorksPNW that a flared rivet would do the trick, but that's not how they came from True (and sadly the LHS who repaired them).  I think a bolt system is better and happy to see True changing to that.  Easier to take on and off for the average user I would think.  For me, once I rigged my tendons to a bolt system, they've been solid ever since.

2 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I never used my tendon guards as leverage to take my skates off.  Always handled my skates with great care, and my rivets popped off twice on both skates.  I agree with SkateWorksPNW that a flared rivet would do the trick, but that's not how they came from True (and sadly the LHS who repaired them).  I think a bolt system is better and happy to see True changing to that.  Easier to take on and off for the average user I would think.  For me, once I rigged my tendons to a bolt system, they've been solid ever since.

I agree it should have always been a bolt system from the get go. Easier to replace and also a rivet just looks cheap. 

1 hour ago, start_today said:

How are normal tendon guards typically attached to skates? Why doesn’t true use the process?

Probably becuase they would not allow for tendon replacement. Do you dislike the ability to replace parts on your skates if or when they fail? 

• Like 1

It would be nice, if based on your scans they could tell if their Retail versions would work fine, or if a full custom would suit you better. 

I'm about 90% sure that I'd fit in the stock version, I guess I'll find out about their return policy first before I spend on backup or goalie skates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giltis said:

It would be nice, if based on your scans they could tell if their Retail versions would work fine, or if a full custom would suit you better. 

I'm about 90% sure that I'd fit in the stock version, I guess I'll find out about their return policy first before I spend on backup or goalie skates.

You could prob try them on heat moulded in store before u purchase. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giltis said:

This would be a great idea.  Maybe the scan costs like $20, but if you purchase a retail or custom boot from True, the $20 goes toward the purchase.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

This would be a great idea.  Maybe the scan costs like $20, but if you purchase a retail or custom boot from True, the $20 goes toward the purchase.  

I'd gladly pay. 

I was tinkering with a backup/ODR pair for about a year, and I sort of settled on a pair of Grafs that needs loving, but if I can fit into a TF7 that has 95% of the comfort at the price announced, I'll make an appointment once Covid's over.

I might be one of the few that don't care what my skates look like lol. They could be purple, yellow, hot pink, or puke green as long as I can skate fast and comfortably for hours.

Edited by Giltis

Definitely not hard. I'd probably take out the white lines too honestly. Looks like they're doing full black for pros. Johannsen271f72ec45ecea2d_small.jpeg

Might be through their account. The prices also look a bit higher than what I remember seeing, so maybe their store has access to expedited delivery...?

6 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Definitely not hard. I'd probably take out the white lines too honestly. Looks like they're doing full black for pros. Johannsen271f72ec45ecea2d_small.jpeg

The new look is available in Aug in NA. But if u order mid July you'll get the new pro custom version. So not surprisingly this is still the old version.