Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

21 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Well it could be a wrap.

Why would they wrap with a paint job that looks like a stick that's not currently available at retail? 

It looks like it says Jetspeed... but... with FT3 just barely hitting pro stock sites, I have no idea what that is. Maybe a limited colorway for the FT2/3 ? 

5 hours ago, z1ggy said:

Why would they wrap with a paint job that looks like a stick that's not currently available at retail? 

It looks like it says Jetspeed... but... with FT3 just barely hitting pro stock sites, I have no idea what that is. Maybe a limited colorway for the FT2/3 ? 

Maybe like the shadow series from Bauer?

9 hours ago, Oilers97 said:

Maybe like the shadow series from Bauer?

It could be but the lettering and stuff look different than the regular Jetspeed. The shadow series use the same graphics, no? For example, the 2N Pro black has the same letter font and graphic placement, just black/grey where there was once blue.

I asked over on s2k, those guys tend to have a lot of insider knowledge.

15 hours ago, z1ggy said:

To build hype about the FT3

32 minutes ago, strosedefence34 said:

To build hype about the FT3

Yeah, only thing I can think of... but have CCM officially announced the stick or released any info about it? All the prostock FT3 I've seen in the wild have FT2 paint jobs.

Not having seen the code on his stick but basing it off the team that I'm involved with this will be a true ADV. They arent going through the effort of redressing older batches with newer graphics to the extent Bauer used to. 

1 hour ago, steve66 said:

It's not been officially announced or details released, but has been shown to retailers

So then Burns is using the new FT3 then in it's stock form? If so, I'm really liking the color and might grab one once they hit SLS. Love my FT2 and if the FT3 is somehow even better.. I'm in.

Scrolling Getty it looks like he changed sticks mid way through the game against VAN. That makes me guess it's less likely to be a wrap. I feel like a mid game switch is more likely to be grabbing something new put of frustration. But that's just a totally wild guess.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Oilers97 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/7uim6m5

im shocked that pro players wouldn’t be using the top of the line elbow pads. Aho looks to have S190 elbows. Is this common? 

Look at this skate tongue too. It's super thin. Based on his playing style he probably is willing to sacrifice some protection for flexibility and weight savings. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 11:59 AM, Sniper9 said:

It's whatever you're comfortable with. When ops first came out they were equivalent to prob the mid range ones now at best. Back then we thought they were (and they were at the time) the best. Now some won't even think about using a similar spec stick. 

I see it kind of like being spoiled. Better not to try out a stick that's the next best thing and 300+ bucks if what you have now works. Because it'll just mess you up psychologically lol. But it's also a marketing thing where new models come out every year or so. 

I still have a Brand New Original Synergy Drury Curve, I took it out for a spin a couple weeks ago, Its a good stick, I would be happy if Technology stopped where it was at then. My favorite sticks are Old Easton OPS. OPS now a-days are way to light and lack the feel they use too. But this is coming from a guy who misses wood blade and Graphite shaft combos.

2 hours ago, GregHenn19 said:

I still have a Brand New Original Synergy Drury Curve, I took it out for a spin a couple weeks ago, Its a good stick, I would be happy if Technology stopped where it was at then. My favorite sticks are Old Easton OPS. OPS now a-days are way to light and lack the feel they use too. But this is coming from a guy who misses wood blade and Graphite shaft combos.

Stock up when u find a good one when on clearance. 

3 hours ago, GregHenn19 said:

Have you tried everything out on the market? I find an end plug does a lot to bring the feel back in focus. True's 6.0 HT feels great to me without any balancing tricks required. That's the first stick I've tried that's been like that. I haven't tried the majority of the sticks out there though.

Edited by flip12

Is there a new supreme skate coming out this spring? Or is that next year? A new tack comes out this spring right? 

1 hour ago, jared9356 said:

Real question is... which is uglier? My vote is for the Supreme. Graphics inspired by a wedge of cheese.

Havent seen what the retail supremes look like, but the CCMs win with that giant yellow CCM 

6 hours ago, Cove said:

Havent seen what the retail supremes look like, but the CCMs win with that giant yellow CCM 

Just wait. You’re in for a treat!

Also, how can you call a winner without letting the other diver have their turn?

7 hours ago, jared9356 said:

Real question is... which is uglier? My vote is for the Supreme. Graphics inspired by a wedge of cheese.

Yeah, and not even a good cheese. A blue cheese inspired skate would be far better.

Last night Schenn was using a new a Bauer stick that was referenced during the broadcast as having “a hole in the blade” and that Schenn was the first to use. Any insights?st-louis-blues-center-brayden-schenn-rea

15 minutes ago, JGraz15 said:

Last night Schenn was using a new a Bauer stick that was referenced during the broadcast as having “a hole in the blade” and that Schenn was the first to use. Any insights?st-louis-blues-center-brayden-schenn-rea

Rumor has it that it is the Nexus ADV.  I also heard it was suppose to make its debut All Star weekend.

1 hour ago, JGraz15 said:

Jet -Flo tech. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

I would imagine the fact that you have to reinforce the area around the cut out the blade with a cutout wouldn't actually be any lighter than a full blade. 

It’s strange to see a hole there just as max height blades are catching on. It could lead to some strange bounces and maybe even trick shots. I’m surprised that form is legal for a blade.

Edited by flip12
  • Like 1