Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

18 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

No way based on your size that a FIT3 will work for you. But good luck. 

So I tried the fit 3 on. It was good on my left foot but a little tight on my right foot.  The heel felt great on both feet.   The thing I didn’t care for much was the ankle padding. I assume it would mold pretty well though after baking. 

25 minutes ago, jlt73 said:

So I tried the fit 3 on. It was good on my left foot but a little tight on my right foot.  The heel felt great on both feet.   The thing I didn’t care for much was the ankle padding. I assume it would mold pretty well though after baking. 

Thats very interesting. You may have been in skates that are too big for you previously. Thats the only way you could squeeze into a FIT3. a FIT3 is more like a Supreme EE/Nexus D as opposed to a Nexus EE in overall design. I have yet to have a single player come into our store that wears a Nexus EE that has been able to fit into a FIT3 skate. 

18 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Thats very interesting. You may have been in skates that are too big for you previously. Thats the only way you could squeeze into a FIT3. a FIT3 is more like a Supreme EE/Nexus D as opposed to a Nexus EE in overall design. I have yet to have a single player come into our store that wears a Nexus EE that has been able to fit into a FIT3 skate. 

How does the fit 3 compare to ccm tacks?  They didn’t have any for me to try

2 hours ago, the_game said:

For reference here is what I’m referring to, they eyelets seem to be set further back than they are on my customs. I get flaring that part out but isn’t the whole point of the trues the wrap they provide? With my customs I barely have to tighten them up, the wrap provides all the support I need and the eyelets aren’t an issue getting laced up either. 

So if you only curl out the "edge" of the lacing section I don't think you'll encounter any negative impact on the wrap, its not like you are straightening up the entire top of the boot.

I did curl out the edges on my customs, but have been too lazy to do so on my TF9s, but I found out that getting into the boot I can lace up until one eyelet from the top, while for getting out I need to undo the top two. Once I've figured that out, getting into the boot is no problem anymore, and I don't have to have so much slack that I could pull it over the tongue.

49 minutes ago, jlt73 said:

I would say a EE in the new Tacks is close to a FIT3 in width but the FIT3 has a little more volume. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, start_today said:

Does anyone but us care what skates a player uses? I assume names matter for advertising spots and curve names on sticks, but does anyone have any info on if the general hockey buying public follows player skate choices, and does that in turn drive sales?

I'm sure it affect sales amongst youth players wanting to look like their favorite player but I doubt it has any affect on adult beer leaguers.

But I did buy Callaway clubs since I'm a Phil Mickelson fan and also left-handed, though... 🙂

On 9/8/2020 at 1:19 PM, the_game said:

Yup, know exactly what you're talking about and thats how I got them laced up, although it was almost impossible to do so. My concern is once the skates are baked will the wrap/curve of that area just make it that much harder to lace up. The eyelets on my custom seem more 'front facing' I guess or closer to the edge of the area where the eyelets are.

Is the number of eyelets to be undone during lacing an important feature? I see a lot of people discussing it. 

It seems to me that it's really a function of the length of your laces. 

14 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

Is the number of eyelets to be undone during lacing an important feature? I see a lot of people discussing it. 

Totally is. I use short laces, 96" on a 7.5 skate, so I have no choice but to remove the laces from the top eyelets. I hate having extra lace flopping around. 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:21 AM, flip12 said:

According to IW a size 9 TF7 and Ultrasonic weighs 949g, TF9 945g and AS3 Pro 921g. Interesting.

And Vapor 2X line weigh less than all three. Lighter still, the Vapor 1X 2.0, at 840 grams for a regular size 9. And that's with the (same height but heavier) LS4 vs the 2X having the LS5. If you upgrade to LS5 you probably get something closer to the 2S Pro at 810 grams. 

I don't know why the skates are heavier this time around, but 140-ish grams added is definitely noticeable. 

Edited by pgeorgan

7 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Totally is. I use short laces, 96" on a 7.5 skate, so I have no choice but to remove the laces from the top eyelets. I hate having extra lace flopping around. 

Haha. I hate having to undo my eyelets so I use extra long laces. 

4 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

And Vapor 2X line weigh less than all three. Lighter still, the Vapor 1X 2.0, at 840 grams for a regular size 9. And that's with the (same height but heavier) LS4 vs the 2X having the LS5. If you upgrade to LS5 you probably get something closer to the 2S Pro at 810 grams. 

I don't know why the skates are heavier this time around, but 140-ish grams added is definitely noticeable. 

Steel is getting taller and more padding is being added. Compare the v1 of the retail Vapor 1x vs the retail 2x Pro and you will see a significant difference in foams and such. Also, steel got a little taller as well. 

10 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

For me the way my trues wrap/form around my foot starting from the third eyelet down from the top, I need to have the top two eyelets undone in order to get my foot in. Laces are undone and the tongue is pulled out so I can slide my foot in using 'sideways/twist & turn' method to getting my skates on. Thats just me I guess.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, jlt73 said:

On 9/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, SkateWorksPNW said:

I would say a EE in the new Tacks is close to a FIT3 in width but the FIT3 has a little more volume. 

Guys, wrong thread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Steel is getting taller and more padding is being added. Compare the v1 of the retail Vapor 1x vs the retail 2x Pro and you will see a significant difference in foams and such. Also, steel got a little taller as well. 

I'm not aware of any material height differences in LS4 vs 5 vs Pulse, but I was under the impression that they were getting successively lighter anyway. 

Foams aside, I don't think this explains almost 140 grams difference. I also don't know the weight of the 1x 1.0. Was referencing the 2.0. 

I suspect the boots are just getting heavier for one reason or another. Cost cutting. 

4 hours ago, the_game said:

For me the way my trues wrap/form around my foot starting from the third eyelet down from the top, I need to have the top two eyelets undone in order to get my foot in. Laces are undone and the tongue is pulled out so I can slide my foot in using 'sideways/twist & turn' method to getting my skates on. Thats just me I guess.

Right, but that's sort of meaningless if we aren't considering the length of the laces. If your laces were long enough, you wouldn't have to undo any eyelets, for example. 

7 hours ago, pgeorgan said:

I suspect the boots are just getting heavier for one reason or another. Cost cutting. 

Or they realize that endlessly pursuing weight cuts has limited returns at this point and there are other trade offs they would rather make.

• Like 1

We have a store that sells both tf9 and tf7 here in Vancouver. I ordered both  online and went to the store to bake them. I decided to go for tf9 because of carbon fibre material which supposedly has to last longer. 

Finally these are kind of skates I was looking for. They are suitable for skinny guys with a narrow ankle. As I discovered in the store and especially after baking (and yes, they wrap the ankle around with a transparent band that is usually used for wrapping sandwiches) it is incredibly hard to put them on. Is this the way it supposed to be? Could it be a defective boot or something? I really struggle to squeeze my foot into them and I have a feeling that it is even possible to hurt a foot in some way. Does anyone have the same issues?

But they feel so comfortable once they are on. And ugly 🙂

2 hours ago, transcription said:

We have a store that sells both tf9 and tf7 here in Vancouver. I ordered both  online and went to the store to bake them. I decided to go for tf9 because of carbon fibre material which supposedly has to last longer. 

Finally these are kind of skates I was looking for. They are suitable for skinny guys with a narrow ankle. As I discovered in the store and especially after baking (and yes, they wrap the ankle around with a transparent band that is usually used for wrapping sandwiches) it is incredibly hard to put them on. Is this the way it supposed to be? Could it be a defective boot or something? I really struggle to squeeze my foot into them and I have a feeling that it is even possible to hurt a foot in some way. Does anyone have the same issues?

Go back and have them flare the eyelet cuff:

2 hours ago, transcription said:

Where did u buy them online from. And where did you get them baked in store. Just curious as in from Vancouver. 

Do the cuff flaring above. You can easily do it yourself with a heat gun or even blow dryer just be careful. I'm glad someone in Vancouver uses the shrink wrap technique. 

As for putting on and off. You can also youtube on how to get them on easier.  If you unlace the top two eyelets they should be a lot easier to put on and take off. For me I only need to undo the top eyelet and pull the tongue all the way forward and I'm fine. 

Edited by Sniper9

13 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Where did u buy them online from. And where did you get them baked in store. Just curious as in from Vancouver. 

This is https://www.thehockeyshop.com. It’s not actually Vancouver downtown, it’s in Surrey. I hope it still counts 🙂 I’m going to try your advice now. It’s not typical routine, but whatever works to put them on. Thank you.

SkateWorksPNW, thank you for the tip and for the posted video.

Edited by transcription
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, transcription said:

This is https://www.thehockeyshop.com. It’s not actually Vancouver downtown, it’s in Surrey. I hope it still counts 🙂 I’m going to try your advice now. It’s not typical routine, but whatever works to put them on. Thank you.

SkateWorksPNW, thank you for the tip and for the posted video.

I'm guessing you're pretty new to Trues in general. The method i told you about for putting them on and taking them off is pretty common for these skates bc of the insane wrap. 

Ah, yes hockey shop. I didn't realize you bought them online from them and then got them baked there. Thought you did it at two diff places. Did they not have them in stock in the store?  

24 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I'm guessing you're pretty new to Trues in general. The method i told you about for putting them on and taking them off is pretty common for these skates bc of the insane wrap. 

Ah, yes hockey shop. I didn't realize you bought them online from them and then got them baked there. Thought you did it at two diff places. Did they not have them in stock in the store?  

I’m completely new to this brand. I came across these skates accidentally, I thought they have only custom ones. I also discovered a “how to” series on Youtube, it’s very informative.

They do have in store, I just didn’t have time to go there. And since it was the last they of promo, I had to act fast and I decided to order them online. They rest assured me that I can take care about the size later. It turned out I needed 7.5, even though I have 8 ccm and bauers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jspectacular said:

Does anyone have any info on roller specs? I’ve been in need of new wheels and would seriously consider some trues that aren’t 1k?

What do you want to know? Limited availability, TF7 boots will come with Revision Alu chassis, Revision ABEC9 bearings and Revision Recoil wheels. TF9 boots will come with Revision Mag chassis (same as on customs), Revision Pro+ bearings and Revision Flex wheels. I didn’t search thoroughly, but at least found them on this French dealer website: https://www.france-proshop.com/roller-hockey. Pricing seems like a special introduction offer, but if thats what they will retail for it is incredible value for money.

Going to get my TF7 baked this week. Do you need to wait 24 hrs before using them like a traditional skate it is the setting process shorter.