Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JGraz15

Bauer Vapor HyerLite Line

Just now, 218hockey said:

Do you wear longer socks when playing? What are some other tongue options a guy could try after the fact? Cost?

i wear low socks. i hate high socks although that may help with this problem. mad that I have to deal with a problem like this with new skates. imo it's an oversight from the product team. a felt tongue never has this problem

17 hours ago, SFL said:

i wear low socks. i hate high socks although that may help with this problem. mad that I have to deal with a problem like this with new skates. imo it's an oversight from the product team. a felt tongue never has this problem

I wear medium height socks and have no issues. 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, BenBreeg said:

Maybe a bigger sample size before everyone characterizes Bauer's entire NPD team as incompetent...

Haha no kidding. You also don't know if they're sized correctly or anything else that may have caused that.

I picked up a pair, baked, forgot my socks and had the best skate of my entire life after 1 go around.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, pucks_putts said:

Can anyone confirm this statement regarding the stiffness of holders?! I’m genuinely curious. Been thinking about trying XS on my True skates and if they are demonstrably stiffer I am even more interested. 

I can. Tested it when it came out. Been swapping guys for the last 3 years.  

ok, well these tongues are terrible imo. You can't get the end of the shin guard down in behind them and are forced to put it over which i absolutely hate. 

they also provide less flex than the felt tongues. 

unfortunately i've used these so I will just try to sell them on sideline or something and go get different skates. 

1 hour ago, SFL said:

ok, well these tongues are terrible imo. You can't get the end of the shin guard down in behind them and are forced to put it over which i absolutely hate. 

unfortunately i've used these so I will just try to sell them on sideline or something and go get different skates. 

What about the rest of the boot? If it's just the tongues you don't like, have you considered swapping the tongue? The last "innovative" Bauer tongue I had was in my Vapor 8's and I couldn't stand the lack of flex so I sliced the top layer of pleather, which made it much better. That's not an option in this case, but if you have old tongues lying around, it might be worth the try.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, start_today said:

What’s the trade off or differences in a stiffer holder vs softer. I assume stiffer give you better power transfer, but do you lose something? 

No trade off. That's why on edge holders the blade flexes after a few months. The XS will but usually takes longer. But from the start better energy transfer. 

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

No trade off. That's why on edge holders the blade flexes after a few months. The XS will but usually takes longer. But from the start better energy transfer. 

Did you see the same blade flex over time in LS2 holders with the lollipop?  If not, then it would seem the solution would have been to make the XS dial mechanism vertical with an integrated lolipop.

26 minutes ago, boo10 said:

Did you see the same blade flex over time in LS2 holders with the lollipop?  If not, then it would seem the solution would have been to make the XS dial mechanism vertical with an integrated lolipop.

not a bad suggestion.  and next to no flex on the old ls2. good point

38 minutes ago, boo10 said:

@boo10 @oldtrainerguy28 So basically a Graf Cobra holder? 😉 

• Haha 1

Tried on the hyperlite skates in fit 2 and 3, they're nice but feel the same as 2x pros minus the crappy tongue. Didn't skate on them so I can't comment on the flexible sole, but they didn't feel very different just walking around. 

Keep in mind I've been a Supreme guy basically forever, minus the Nexus 1000s and couple tries with Makos and Grafs, so I'm far from an expert in the Vapor feel

15 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Yes but awful structure. Broke down faster than anything. 

Just in general or was it at any particular weak points? Just curious because it hasn’t happened to me, but I have nowhere near the exposure to skates and skate parts and what stresses they go through that you do.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:58 AM, flip12 said:

Just in general or was it at any particular weak points? Just curious because it hasn’t happened to me, but I have nowhere near the exposure to skates and skate parts and what stresses they go through that you do.

I can't comment on other Graf holders but the nt5000 was well known for its screw issues. The plastic would deform around the shoulder of the blade locking screw, the blade would start to click and then come loose. Tightening the screw only made it worse. 

• Like 1

I wear high socks(Bauer kevlar)and the tongue thing is always an issue...... usually cut off the felt on the edge. Ankle socks and small shins for flopping tongues are safety issues in competitive play. Have played in 4 games where guys who flop and wear short or no socks have sliced their ankle/leg with their own skate. Mostly battles in corners is where it occurs. All ended up in the hospital. Alternatively , short shins also leave you open to taking a shot of the high ankle. I don't know about other players but I hate being injured or hurt so I stopped flopping when I was 14 after getting hurt.  When I use to fit skates I would find ppl always said there was a pressure point right where the end if their ankle sock was ..... which ended up surprising most. As for the holders I still use LS2's and was aiming at True or CCM for my next as I know the Edge goes soft within a year from regular use. They need the custom option for .....basically I want a vapor shaped quarter with injected lacing,  Supreme flex profile along with the tendon guard from the Supreme line. Then just change out the edge holders and steel.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:35 PM, SFL said:

That sucks. Should've tried true and ccm first to see if either would work for you since both of guaranty periods.