Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Here's a good one - eating a pizza on the counter (only place to)

Guy comes in and plops his skates on the pizza.

Gotta find out how that story ends.....

Let me guess he gives YOU shit...right?

Yeah, people walk all over me all the time.

you need to live up to the signature... homey don't play that! I get paperwork thrown in my lunch all the time... I work in a cubicle, but yeah- rude is rude.

Nah, Homey just gets played.

I got sick of it... the last time someone plopped paperwork while I was eating at my desk, I wiped my face with it, and dropped it in my trash can.

needless to say, my boss wasn't pleased... but he addressed the issue that if reps are on their break at their desk, use their in-box, not their lunch

my favourite has gotta be when a customer puts a new skate on his foot and does not lace it up....... and then while sitting- raises his leg and SLAMS the heel/blade end into the floor as if that is going to set it on their heel and then proceeds to complain about fit issues.

you should have picked up the skate and used the blade as a pizza cutter...then offered him a slice.

you should have picked up the skate and used the blade as a pizza cutter...then offered him a slice.

Naw, that's when you just pick up the pizza box - skates and all - and toss the whole thing in the garbage can before loudly proclaiming to the other employee "I'm going to order dinner. Do you want anything?"

Ha! Stories like these remind me of my five years in retail. What's funny is looking back I really remember more of the good than the bad times.

Anyways, it took me at least a half dozen different stores before I found my LHS of choice. And I've never hear of dropping off skates overnight to get sharpened! Had them do mine, found a cheap wood Montreal stick that seems like a Forsberg clone for $20, grabbed some tape and a water bottle in the meantime. I was gone five minutes and the guy had half a dozen finished skates on the counter by the time I got back.

So I feed my LHS a little cash here and there by stocking up on the little things (which tend to have some good margin on them). I'd definitely go back for major purchases, although I bought most of my stuff before I found them.

Oh, and there's got to be mutual respect. Funny stories involve the ill-informed, angry stories involve the ill-tempered.

This would probaly be more at a local rink then a outside store, but I saw it this weekend.

Kids are sittin around rink before games, theyre like 10-12. Its obvious who their captains are or maybe just the "coolest kids", cause the rest of the team just follows them EVERYWHERE. So like two kids walk into the rinks shop and the whole team comes in right on their shoulders. Everything the first two kids look at, the rest of the team acts like its an autographed bible from Jesus.

There were alot of people in this small shop trying to actually buy stuff, and when 14 kids come in cause they want to "part of the group" it just annoys you, well me.

the older guys who think just putting a skate on, leaving it undone, and wiggling there foot around bending it up and down side to side and figuring if its a good fit or not.

you have to tie it up sir.

the older guys who think just putting a skate on, leaving it undone, and wiggling there foot around bending it up and down side to side and figuring if its a good fit or not.

you have to tie it up sir.

Oh yes how i love when they do that and adamently refuse that tying it up is the only way to see if it really fits well.

No sympathy for the employees at my LHS. They're exceptionally rude, they know nothing about the products, everything at the store is overpriced. I realize a store costs more than online, but they're selling everything for significantly more than other stores, and sell products that haven't been made for years/made by companies that no longer exist, and they're still being sold at the outrageous regular price - at some point, you need to bite the bullet, and put the Cooper Techniflex stuff on sale, because nobody wants it anymore... I tried another store for a while, and they lost my skates. I took them in to have them sharpened, and came back in 20 minutes, and they had given my skates away to someone else, and I never saw them again... Maybe I just have bad luck, but I don't care what these people think of me. I don't walk in and flex all the sticks, or spit on the floor or anything. I'm just a customer, and they're inept, rude, and run a terrible operation.

PS: I just realized I bumped a semi-old-ass thread, because I was going through things I had searched, and had 80 zillion windows open.