Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

Green's stick looks like a stealth cnt with s17 graphics, just my opinion
Jussi Jokinen is also using a "S17", not sure how long he's been using it but he was using older stealths for a while.

:ph34r:

Sheesh - and I said that I was going to have a mental health day.

Is ninjaface telling us there's a new Easton stick in the works hiding behind s17 graphics, or am I that guy who bombs every thread with Simple Jack questions?

I noticed in the game last night that Gonchar didnt have a logo on the front on his helmet. Any reason for this? I thought it was a rule you couldnt wear unbranded equipment in the nhl.

gonch's skates are unbranded one-offs and I doubt anyone is paying the fee for those

I think they really just dont want to see sticks with taped off logos and things like that

I noticed in the game last night that Gonchar didnt have a logo on the front on his helmet. Any reason for this? I thought it was a rule you couldnt wear unbranded equipment in the nhl.

The logo fell off, plain and simple. This will not happen with the new Bauer helmets.

I'm pretty sure he's skated in nothing but NBH or Bauer. He was in XXXXs before the X60s and XXXs early last season before switching to the XXXXs.

On Green's stick (from NHL.com):

Green, though, released a bit of news Monday that may be telling of his struggles. He wracked up 73 points during the regular season while using an Easton Stealth as his stick. They were soft and ultra light, but Green said Easton discontinued the model "a while ago" and he broke the last of the 15 he had left early in Game 1 of this series.

"It's a crappy time for that to happen," Green said with a smile when talking about Easton discontinuing the model. He has since changed to Easton's S17 model, which is a thicker and heavier stick, and Green admitted he has had trouble getting used to it. His stickhandling, which has been a cause for concern in this series, has been affected by the change in equipment.

"I felt like I was stickhandling for the first time again," Green said. "It's not the same feel at all. Now I feel good with it."

Ironically, there is still one of his Green's Stealths lying around. It's the one he used to set the NHL record for consecutive games with a goal by a defensemen this season, but the stick is supposed to be on its way to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Should there be a Game 7 Wednesday night, a Caps PR person said they could get it back to Green, whose eyes lit up when he heard that. The Hall wouldn't be thrilled, but Green would be reunited with an old friend, perhaps just in time, too.