Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

Did anyone else just notice the solid red CCM shoulder pads Ovechkin was wearing?

IMG_0028.jpg

Mike Green's back in the S17 tonight. Has a lot of blue in it as well

23e2320d0f6351d8add49aa4bde1d981-ge.jpg

Easton must have said that they'd make him more Stealths if they could put the S17 graphics on them. Guess he couldn't get used to the black blade or didn't want to switch.

Easton must have said that they'd make him more Stealths if they could put the S17 graphics on them. Guess he couldn't get used to the black blade or didn't want to switch.

maybe... its a blue sharpie....... :ph34r:

I was at the Pens vs Caps game last night and saw something interesting. Ovy used the Bauer twig all night during regulation play. At the start of the OT he came back on the ice and played one shift with a freshly taped CCM. It looked like a U+ with a lot of blue colored accents in it. Maybe the CL, not sure, haven't seen one yet. He played one shift with the stick and then swithced back to the Bauer for the rest of the game. Just thought it was weird how he used the CCM for one shift then put it away.

I was at the Pens vs Caps game last night and saw something interesting. Ovy used the Bauer twig all night during regulation play. At the start of the OT he came back on the ice and played one shift with a freshly taped CCM. It looked like a U+ with a lot of blue colored accents in it. Maybe the CL, not sure, haven't seen one yet. He played one shift with the stick and then swithced back to the Bauer for the rest of the game. Just thought it was weird how he used the CCM for one shift then put it away.

It is probably because the Bauers are an illegal stick. There was a bit of a controversy before the game that the Pens were going to call him out for an illegal curve. It was probably a precautionary measure just in case.

It is probably because the Bauers are an illegal stick. There was a bit of a controversy before the game that the Pens were going to call him out for an illegal curve. It was probably a precautionary measure just in case.

That maybe the reason though. I was sitting six rows off the glass near the Caps bench and the CCM stick pattern looked identical to the Bauers.

Jussi Jokinen is also using a "S17", not sure how long he's been using it but he was using older stealths for a while.

the shapes are actually different.look at the shoulder caps. maybe diff pads made to look like the 10.0's??

I'm not entirely sure the caps are different, just that his arms are out in that picture.

He's been using it for a while. I did notice that he's wearing some interesting pants; RBK uppers, Warrior lowers and Easton belt. haha.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I just noticed in the playoffs that Hillers pads still have koho on the side. Thought it was kind of interesting.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa285/a...ey20/hiller.jpg

he's got a deal with goalimonkey to wear them. He's been using them for a long time now and for most of the season they were logo-less.

Green's stick looks like a stealth cnt with s17 graphics, just my opinion

Well, there was a big fuss around the middle of the season when he was about to run out of his old CNTs, and around that time he became an easton endorser and started using "s17s", so I would say it's a pretty good guess that easton offered to make him more if he'd endorse, as long as they could paint them up.