Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

@Staal111218

ae you sure Gagne´s using the X60 stick cause since the Supreme line is offered by Bauer he has been always with it and i think he is still using real ONE95 no repainting.

Thanks

Bye

100% positive. Gagne has been a long time Bauer endorsed athlete. He always uses the newest product with dark graphics. Which in this case has always been the Supreme graphics. Only when the original Vapor XXX was dark did he use the Vapor. Trust me, he is using the X60 stick graphiced as the One95.

All the Flyers using Bauer sticks are true OP except Richards and Carter. They have had the same stick since CHL days

What does this even mean? What is true OP?

It's hysterical Hartnell and Carle switched to Bauer sticks from Warrior. Asham uses Easton in practice, but Bauer for games. Hilarious.

The sticks are produced as one-piece sticks. The Carter and Richards are 2 pieces with a wrap at the joint.

Sorry, i'm new to this board and not sure how you classify the sticks?

I understand. I wasn't sure what you meant in context of your entire post.

The sticks are produced as one-piece sticks.

Busch is the only true OPS. Everything else is assembled from pieces.

The sticks are produced as one-piece sticks.

Busch is the only true OPS. Everything else is assembled from pieces.

You can have a blade mold and shaft mold come together in 2 pieces and produce a stick without a connection - that is considered a one-piece. Busch made molds that included the blade portion. So yes, it was the only one-piece mold.

The Sedins have been using the X:60 stick (has One95 graphics and the checkerboard 'weave').

I disagree, I was told that they are using the One95 with Tactile unless something has changed in the past 3 weeks.

Mike

The Sedins have been using the X:60 stick (has One95 graphics and the checkerboard 'weave').

I disagree, I was told that they are using the One95 with Tactile unless something has changed in the past 3 weeks.

Mike

Sedin's are using One95 sticks. The checkerboard pattern calls out a certain fiber that's being used. They are not using X60.

Just wanted to add that I am a pro rep for Bauer. Thought this might help with my credibility.

The checkerboard pattern calls out a certain fiber that's being used.

You mean the fact that you can ACTUALLY play checkers on the X:60 blade? Those squares are huge! :)

Mike

Sedin's are using One95 sticks. The checkerboard pattern calls out a certain fiber that's being used. They are not using X60.

Just wanted to add that I am a pro rep for Bauer. Thought this might help with my credibility.

Maybe you can answer a question then...will the X:60 tapered shaft that is coming out be any different than the XXXX shaft?

But....Getty Images....!!

lol

Mike

Maybe you can answer a question then...will the X:60 tapered shaft that is coming out be any different than the XXXX shaft?

He's a pro rep, not a retail rep. There's a difference.

So what's the deal with the different checkerboard patterns on the pro stock One95's? Some have the small pattern like the retails, and some have the big pattern like the XXXX's. Is it different versions (old vs. new), for strength/weight, etc, etc? I just assumed that the One95's that had the big weave like the XXXX's were in-fact just repainted XXXX's.

Not really a gear sighting, but what's better about this picture? Gomez's face, or the guy in the blue shirt behind Ovechkin?

2761af74ed676d059034716434bc06cd-getty-85974422lr003_new_york_rang.jpg

is ovie using a repainted xxxx or one 95 here. just wondering because i see the checkered pattern in his stick

So what's the deal with the different checkerboard patterns on the pro stock One95's? Some have the small pattern like the retails, and some have the big pattern like the XXXX's. Is it different versions (old vs. new), for strength/weight, etc, etc? I just assumed that the One95's that had the big weave like the XXXX's were in-fact just repainted XXXX's.

we build sticks like we do skates. there are tons of variations all over the place. however we do see major success in 2-3 constructions that you are referencing. the fiber weave most of the time calls out a light weight low kick stick. big vs small patterns call out the change in kit. if you are buying a pro stock stick at retail, the code on the namebar tells the story of the stick. you see the checkerboard pattern on the one95 because the player chose that graphic over the XXXX.

we build sticks like we do skates. there are tons of variations all over the place. however we do see major success in 2-3 constructions that you are referencing. the fiber weave most of the time calls out a light weight low kick stick. big vs small patterns call out the change in kit. if you are buying a pro stock stick at retail, the code on the namebar tells the story of the stick. you see the checkerboard pattern on the one95 because the player chose that graphic over the XXXX.

so hes useing a xxxx painted as a one95?

is that the c, c29, c28, d, etc. that is below the flex rating and curve?? the prostock one95's i have say "C29" what exactly does that mean?

The label on my Brenden Morrow One95 Pro Stock reads;

2677-1

C28

Staal111218, can you explain what these numbers mean or refer to?

Thanks!

Mike

The label on my Brenden Morrow One95 Pro Stock reads;

2677-1

C28

Staal111218, can you explain what these numbers mean or refer to?

Thanks!

Mike

The first number is the blade pattern, the second number is the flex and I think the consensus (albeit speculation) is that the third number describes the shaft profile/thickness

So would a big weave or a small weave have better durability? And performance/weight?

after a quick research, apparently small weave is used for aerospace grade carbon fibre so thats what I'd go with. its also important to note that the resin and any additional materials that feature in the weave are seen to be just as or more important then the weave itself.

So would a big weave or a small weave have better durability? And performance/weight?

after a quick research, apparently small weave is used for aerospace grade carbon fibre so thats what I'd go with. its also important to note that the resin and any additional materials that feature in the weave are seen to be just as or more important then the weave itself.

And is why you are seeing the larger weave being used in hockey sticks. The smaller weave is easier to manipulate into shapes, and military is getting first dibs on it because we're in wars.