Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Because not a lot of people actually like skating on it. Last season for my local juniors team, one kid, out of 12-15 that tried it, liked and kept LS3/step. Not sure if it is they don't like change, or just hate it, but to me that is saying something. I would love if they put LS3 on all skates - we'd sell so much more replacement steel with kids swapping it out for LS2.

Anyone know of a good shop in So. California who regularly does custom orders from Bauer? My current pair of skates are a wonderful fitting pair of custom Vapor XXXX. I have a narrow foot with B forefoot and AA heel. The shop I originally did my order through rarely does custom Bauers. When I called to inquire about some custom APX skates, they said most people have been complaining they are too stiff. They haven't done any custom APX, and they think custom Bauer skates are going to start being made in Asia?.

I really want to deal with a shop/person who knows what they are doing with custom Bauer orders especially since the new APX's have the alive material that fits differently. Since my XXXX have double thick felt tongues and extra ankle padding, don't know if I should do that also in the APX's. Any recommendations of someone to go to in So Cal who has experience with the new materials in APX and TO's. Thanks

I didn't get customs made there, but Jake and Jake's Custom Pro Shop in El Segundo is easily the most knowledgable person/pro shop in the LA area.

Call ahead to make sure they do custom Bauers but I'm pretty sure they do.

Edited by sellouts

Because not a lot of people actually like skating on it. Last season for my local juniors team, one kid, out of 12-15 that tried it, liked and kept LS3/step. Not sure if it is they don't like change, or just hate it, but to me that is saying something. I would love if they put LS3 on all skates - we'd sell so much more replacement steel with kids swapping it out for LS2.

That's funny because a large portion of NHL players are on LS3 or Step. Not sure why the juniors in your area didn't like the steel, but my guess is that they noticed the extra weight or height and didn't like it. The strange thing is that there is more steel on a little kids skate than a size 8 men's skate with LS2. Step's gets progressively taller as the sizes goes up.

Anyone know of a good shop in So. California who regularly does custom orders from Bauer? My current pair of skates are a wonderful fitting pair of custom Vapor XXXX. I have a narrow foot with B forefoot and AA heel. The shop I originally did my order through rarely does custom Bauers. When I called to inquire about some custom APX skates, they said most people have been complaining they are too stiff. They haven't done any custom APX, and they think custom Bauer skates are going to start being made in Asia?.

I really want to deal with a shop/person who knows what they are doing with custom Bauer orders especially since the new APX's have the alive material that fits differently. Since my XXXX have double thick felt tongues and extra ankle padding, don't know if I should do that also in the APX's. Any recommendations of someone to go to in So Cal who has experience with the new materials in APX and TO's. Thanks

It's interesting that you mention that APX customs are too stiff. A friend of mine just got his APX's and was complaining about how stiff they were. I just thought that he wasn't used to the composite boot, but maybe they are crazy stiff.

That's funny because a large portion of NHL players are on LS3 or Step. Not sure why the juniors in your area didn't like the steel, but my guess is that they noticed the extra weight or height and didn't like it. The strange thing is that there is more steel on a little kids skate than a size 8 men's skate with LS2. Step's gets progressively taller as the sizes goes up.

It's interesting that you mention that APX customs are too stiff. A friend of mine just got his APX's and was complaining about how stiff they were. I just thought that he wasn't used to the composite boot, but maybe they are crazy stiff.

Mine felt like casts. They were too stiff for me, but I like a bit of lateral flex.

I called down to Jake and seem pretty knowledgeable even though it was a short conversation. Anyone else order custom Bauers through Jake?

I know a member that did, and he did not fix his problem. I, however, did. Take that for what it's worth.

Get ahold of bauer theyll have your order on file.

Also considering custom skates. Does anyone know the size of an AA heel width? My heel is 1 5/8 inches and I'm looking for options to accommodate it.

Ok, so I'm planning on ordering a pair of custom APX skates. If you were In my "skates", what would you do?

Me:

- 175 lbs

- Narrow foot and ankle

- previously had lace bite problems with stock skate sizes

- I skate with top eyelit undone, more forward flex

History:

My last pair of skates were custom Vapor 40's that I was happy with.

- double thick pro felt toungue

- extra ankle padding

- double stiched

- 3mm heel lift

- size B forefoot, AA heel

So I'd like some recommendations from those with experience. Since I'm going to do a custom order, should I get extra ankle padding and thick toungue. With the Alive material would it be better if I didn't get extra padding and thick toungue?

I was thinking about getting stiffness #1 due to some saying these skates are very stiff? (prior Vapor 40's were retail stiffness).

I will try some on to confirm length and how much boot should be cut back, but don't really trust any local shops since they don't do many custom orders. When I do make my custom order, I will go over specs and sizing with shop I use. Just would really like some input from those with some more experiance.

Thanks in advance for any helpful input.

I recently have been measured and was looking into getting the X 7.0... I was told bauer will not customize that skate... only the apex, total one, and the flexlite 4.0 pro... i skate the flexlite 4.0 now... just want more protection and a custom fit.

I recently have been measured and was looking into getting the X 7.0... I was told bauer will not customize that skate... only the apex, total one, and the flexlite 4.0 pro... i skate the flexlite 4.0 now... just want more protection and a custom fit.

yes, they only do their top line stuff. i THINK if you spec'ed out your skates correctly you can get x7.0s dressed like a APX..

hell i ordered my APXs with a 52oz tongue, and flexlite toe box.

This is great news for me. I have always had skate fitting issues after Bauer changed from leather to synthetic. Just called my LHS, and I cannot believe the service you get for extra 100 bucks. I have always need orthotics in my skates , but could never fit them. When I called they told me to bring them in and the rep would take good care of me. I guess they can only customize a Total one or the top of the line Vapor.....thats ok, my 8090's are nice, but don't fit right.

Edited by natbat

This is great news for me. I have always had skate fitting issues after Bauer changed from leather to synthetic. Just called my LHS, and I cannot believe the service you get for extra 100 bucks. I have always need orthodontics in my skates , but could never fit them. When I called they told me to bring them in and the rep would take good care of me. I guess they can only customize a Total one or the top of the line Vapor.....thats ok, my 8090's are nice, but don't fit right.

You mean orthotics right? I am assuming you do not have braces or a retainer in your skates. :huh:

So here is a related question. I have skated with players who bought pro returns, or used skates from NHL teams. Is there any sort of database that shows players and their skate sizes, options? Similar to what is out there for players sticks. With all the pro players out there I am sure they cover a wide range of fit options such as one foot shorter, wider, etc. If someone knew of a pro who had a foot that had similar "oddities" to their own they could possibly contact the teams equipment guys and see about buying used skates from that pro.

Do the T1 Classic's have the same Alive composite and whatnot under the outside fabric as the TotalOne? I just ordered a pair based upon how much I like the TotalOne, since I needed customs anyway for my feet. I'm assuming it's just the TotalOne with some fabric on the outside essentially? Just wondering.

:facepalm: You ask the question AFTER you spent the $$$? To answer your Question, NO. They do Don't.. they're built using the old 8090 last/materials. Not the same boot. No Alive at all.