Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Excuse me....last time I checked, Royals were going to win it all. Who care about a regular season record, were an after the allstar break team anyways....I know what Im talking about, trust me, Im a doctor.

Zach

Just got back from Vegas, absolutely loved it. Chadd, I am happy to let you know that I ate a double double at In-N-Out :)

And mack, I am sad to inform you that I indeed took one greasy shit afterwards haha. Still worth it though

Edited by kovyperron5727

Initial schedules are out for next month and it looks like 18 days off and a paid trip to Hilton Head over the weekend of the fourth. Also got three days off leading into the MSH summer game.

Initial schedules are out for next month and it looks like 18 days off and a paid trip to Hilton Head over the weekend of the fourth. Also got three days off leading into the MSH summer game.

Sounds pretty good. Just enough time for a rocky-esque training montage before the game.

Sounds pretty good. Just enough time for a rocky-esque training montage before the game.

Given all of the ice time I've missed since my concussion, not even a Rocky montage would get me in shape for that game. Embarrassing myself is a given at this point.

"Those are good burgers, Walter."

Just got back from Vegas, absolutely loved it. Chadd, I am happy to let you know that I ate a double double at In-N-Out :)

And mack, I am sad to inform you that I indeed took one greasy shit afterwards haha. Still worth it though

Today is a special day in my life. Two years ago today I received the gift of life. I had a living donor liver transplant.

I have been blessed to be able to enjoy the things a lot of people may take for granted.

You always hear people who come close to death and say it changes there life, but you really can't describe what it's like.

My wife will sometimes tell me things from when I was very sick in the months before my transplant. My doctors told her that I may not make it and to be prepared to talk to my daughter. In May of 07 I couldn't focus enough to dial a phone or read. At the time I never really realized how sick I was, but when hearing stuff like that I now know how lucky I am. In the last couple of years I try to enjoy the little things that I may not have normally. I remember taking my daughter to her first movie. I remember playing with my daughter and running for the first time. And then being so exhausted that I couldn't imagine how I was going to be able to play hockey again. I returned to work about five months after my transplant.

Then six months and three days after the surgery I got back on the ice. I can still remember the ride to the rink, getting dressed, and skating that first lap around the ice. When I walked into the locker room that night there was a guy that I had skated with for five or six years in my pickup group. He says to me "Where the hell have you been?" I told him a had a liver transplant and he says "That's it?". It still makes me laugh when I think about it. As much as I missed playing hockey it was the friends I skate with that I missed the most.

Whenever I have a bad day or I am bummed about something I try and take a deep breath and remember that I shouldn't even be here.

Well it's been three years now & I'm still doing good. In the last year I saw my daughter go to Kindergarten and learn how to read.

It's pretty good indeed.

ABC News Nightline did a story on me. They followed me from beginning of the living donor process.

Here is the story Life & Death Finding a donor

I'm trying to get the video up as well. If I can will add it later.

Well it's been three years now & I'm still doing good. In the last year I saw my daughter go to Kindergarten and learn how to read.

It's pretty good indeed.

ABC News Nightline did a story on me. They followed me from beginning of the living donor process.

If someone said hockey players can't cry, they're wrong. That story on ABC was very moving, and glad to hear that it all came out great. What a thing to celebrate 3 years later on Fathers Day no less.

And thanks to all of the fathers on MSH and keep up the good work!!!!!

If someone said hockey players can't cry, they're wrong. That story on ABC was very moving, and glad to hear that it all came out great. What a thing to celebrate 3 years later on Fathers Day no less.

And thanks to all of the fathers on MSH and keep up the good work!!!!!

And I'll be skating tonight to cap off the night no less...... :)

Edited by SfDz5_20_07

That's great. Now if only I had ice time tonight. I haven't skated in a month.

Dz, that's amazing. Things like that trivialize all the little 'problems' that I, and many others, allow to get to us every day.

Spent the entire day with my dad talking football (soccer) and grilling.

That's all father's Day needs to be, time well spent with pops. Me and my dad swam in our pool yesterday and I forced myself to sit through Nascar yesterday. At least it wasn't all left turns

Last game tonight for me in Perth... been playing with these guys for close to 4 years and really loving it.

Game finished 6-4, one goal, two assists, two rang off the crossbar. Overall a great and fun game, not overly physical, but a lot of good friends and memories.

Need to find a new team in Brisbane... spoke to a league organiser from Brisbane last week and he asked me what my skill level was like... replied "I can skate if that helps"... going to start with dropin, then go from there.

It's pretty good indeed.

Simply awesome!

Finally saved up enough money to get new speakers and a deck for my car. Very excited for that. Plus Coheed & Cambria announced a mini tour with Porcupine tree in August. 2 of my favorite bands playing together, can't get much better than that.

one of the profs in my program (bcomm-accounting) told me that maybe I wasnt cut out for accounting and I should try a different path.

I was told this after failing the mid term pretty badly (class average is usually 50% on the mid term in this class, and out of 30-40 students, and the end of the class usually 4 or 5 pass and everyone else retakes it, its a 4th year course).

The sweet spot, having her call my name for graduation in the Bcomm-Accounting program on a stage in front of a theatre full of people. I remember on the way there I was thinking, man... I hope she is there to see me graduate. I got one better than what I was hoping for :D

Edited by farhanshak