Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Ran the Ottawa Race Weekend 10k on Saturday May 25th and was hoping for 55:00 min or better time. Did 54:22.3 which is personal best for me.

Now to start training for the Army Run 1/2 marathon in September,

Edited by Super_Newfie

Roller hockey tournament this weekend, scored 3 goals and had 1 assist in 4 games. Even though one was a deflection, one was a great setup in front by my linemate, and the other I batted out of mid air in front of the net, I'm really starting to feel my game come together. I've never really been a goal scorer, but now that i'm playing alot more and i've dropped alot of weight, my positioning is much better which is leading to alot of chances! Big things to come hopefully!

A lot of you probably don't know me or remember me, but I had a few inbox questions asking about how I was doing so I thought I would post on here.

I don't really know when the last time I updated on here so I'll go with this! I'm 20 years old now was finally properly diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. Due to this diagnosis I am now on medication and my life has been in pretty great order for about a year. After dropping out of school and changing majors I am enrolled in the same university I began at, and I'm a Junior by credit hours (due to a lot of summer classes) with a >3.0 GPA. I became involved in a fraternity that keeps me out of trouble and allows me to have a support base similar to what my hockey team was in my hardest times. I finally gained closure with my ex girlfriend's death about 8 or so months ago. I began dating again 5 months ago and I am in the first romantic relationship any of my friends/family sees as healthy. Thanks a lot to the community of people who helped me through some hard times, I felt like y'all deserved an update! I have retired from hockey instead of pick up games here and there with old linemates, but I'll try and drop by if that would please anyone!

Oh and I am drug and alcohol free as well! Have been for a long time!

• Like 9

I remember reading your posts and updates with interest, and am glad to hear that things have been going well. Thanks for posting that.

A lot of you probably don't know me or remember me, but I had a few inbox questions asking about how I was doing so I thought I would post on here.

I don't really know when the last time I updated on here so I'll go with this! I'm 20 years old now was finally properly diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. Due to this diagnosis I am now on medication and my life has been in pretty great order for about a year. After dropping out of school and changing majors I am enrolled in the same university I began at, and I'm a Junior by credit hours (due to a lot of summer classes) with a >3.0 GPA. I became involved in a fraternity that keeps me out of trouble and allows me to have a support base similar to what my hockey team was in my hardest times. I finally gained closure with my ex girlfriend's death about 8 or so months ago. I began dating again 5 months ago and I am in the first romantic relationship any of my friends/family sees as healthy. Thanks a lot to the community of people who helped me through some hard times, I felt like y'all deserved an update! I have retired from hockey instead of pick up games here and there with old linemates, but I'll try and drop by if that would please anyone!

Really glad to hear you got a diagnosis and a good medication combo that's working for you, and support from family and friends. Keep it up and be well. :)

Good for you! Glad you are doing so well. :smile:

Edited by sfdz6_20_07

Got a chance to ref a game again tonight for the first time in a couple months tonight. Had guys from both teams, including some I don't know at all, tell me they like the way I called the game and other atypically positive comments. It does wonders for the confidence.

Scored my first ice goal! Playing on the left wing and puck was cleared out our zone and somehow I got a breakaway. Decked to backhand and roofed it... High fives all round, including guys from other team (beginners league).

After the game we were all changing out of our gear, and one of my linemates had his friends watching in the stands. They asked who scored the backhand goal, and my linemate just pointed at me. Good feeling when the crowd of 4 people pat you on the back

Three months of not knowing what is going to happen with my career, constant arguments at home with the wife because we didn't know whether we were going to be shipped back to home country, staying... Or even losing my job. Things were really bad, to the point that we felt that we were being leftish and dry. Took the career into my own hands and applie for another job in the same company. Got the job, and everything looks like its falling into place!

And starsfan, great to hear that everything is going well.!

Edited by fatwabbit

Got a chance to ref a game again tonight for the first time in a couple months tonight. Had guys from both teams, including some I don't know at all, tell me they like the way I called the game and other atypically positive comments. It does wonders for the confidence.

I liked when I was reffing games for a team that despised me as a player but didn't have word one of complaint or grief when I did their games. Best ever was doing a midget select game that I wound up doing alone. People from both sides called the assigner to comment on how well the game was done, skated my ass off in that one and had a ball.

The heat wave is finally over, at least for a while. Temperatures over 80F makes all the polar bears, tauntauns and ugly bald finns suffer.

• Like 1

Picked up tickets for the Buffett show in Philly. A little more than I wanted to spend, but a stupid deal for row 2 was too good to pass up.

Won our first playoff game 6-0 on Sunday. Had two goals. The 2nd, of which was after being switched to play defense, was one the goalie initially stopped. But the rebound went straight up and dropped behind the goalie to then roll into the net. Never had one of those before - haha.

A year ago I was playing on three teams, in a funk, and not having much fun with hockey. I decided to cut back to one skate a week for one season, and hit the reset button. One of the teams I walked away from was a good group, so when I asked to come back after taking the fall season off, I was disappointed when they said "we're full". I didn't find another team in the same division for two more seasons. At the start of this summer I knew my old team was routinely short players for games so I asked again if they needed anyone and was told "Sorry, we're full". I don't mind if they didn't want me back, or just didn't think I was a good fit, but saying the roster is full when they rarely get 10 to show up for a game is kind of insulting.

I joined a new team (good group.. I'm the FNG) and we played my former team tonight.I don't generate a lot of points, but tonight i had:

-The opening goal. It was garbage, I shot it wide but it deflected of their D man and bounced in. That's hockey, I'll take it.

-Scored Pipe-and-in from the top of the circle on a 5:3 PP with about a minute left to tie it.

-A shootout winner to seal it.

As much as I wanted to gloat when I skated by my old teams bench I figured it's just beer league and for all I know we'll be on the other side of the coin next time, so I didn't even look at them and just cleared my bench.

Hockey was fun tonight.

starsfan71 - I was happy read your post hear that things are going well. Wish you all the best!

To be fair to your old team, a full roster and a full squad every night are two very different things in summer hockey.

They post the roster. It's not full.

Do they post who is on the team or just who showed up? My team has 10 paid roster spots but during the summer it is pretty rare that 10 guys show up.

I get what you're saying. Lots of no-shows in beer league.. They post the official roster. Then each game sheet has who actually shows up. Roster has less than league max.

I don't need to beat it to death, it's admittedly immature to feel scorned. I'd just prefer if he was honest from the get-go.

Went to my Aunt's "remembrance picnic" on Saturday. Great lady. She passed two months ago and she'll be missed. Was my dad's last surviving sibling out of 9. Her house was always the July 4th party for our extended family. A Yard full of laughing, singing(in their native language), drinking second generation Austrians. In her fading days she asked my cousin if anyone would ever remember the good old times we all had through the years. He told her that of course no one would ever forget.

We didn't let her down.

We started another generation this past Saturday of laughing, singing, drinking family that has reconnected and has vowed to never let the memories fade away.