Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Offensive line has been a problem, and they didn't find an offensive coordinator that worked, though they tried several. Martz was the worst, with his 7-step drops for Cutler, plays that took time to develop, leaving Cutler just waiting for a sack and another concussion. He just didn't seem to be able to learn that he didn't have the line for those plays.

They can say all they want about the lack of production on offense, and it was a problem, but it's the lack of having a team that's competitive in the playoffs that sent Smith packing.

I agree that they need coaches, across the board, that know how to work with the tools that they have. And a head coach that knows how to pick good assistants, then step back and let them do the job.

The other awful part of Martz's tenure was dealing away Olsen, the only target Cutler ever had until Marshall teamed up with him again. Kellen Davis has to be one of the worst TEs in the history of football. I kept hoping they'd find a way to draft Fleener, but that didn't happen.

Whoever they choose to run the team (I'm kind of hoping for McCoy from Denver) they better find a way to sway the Lovie fans in the lockerroom into playing just as hard for him.

They dumped Olsen, got Martz the tight end he wanted, and he did nothing with him; he didn't last any longer than Martz. Another target Cutler had was Bennett, a Vandy teammate. Someone sold Hester a bill of goods that he could be a receiver, though he couldn't remember plays consistently. It was such a good sales job he's been complaining that he wasn't able to showcase his talents properly. Hester has made some bad decisions in the return game, but I don't think the blocking there is as good as it was a few years ago. Davis has the tools, but is very inconsistent. I've seen catches where his hands were impressive. Local bouncing heads are predicting some turnover in the players.

We can hope that a number of players are influenced by the prime motivation situation in sports -- the contract year. McCoy, Kyle Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, are some quite different possibilities being mentioned. Emery wants to take some time, but there are so many teams in the fight he may need to be ready to strike very quickly. I hope he is. The Cardinals are good example of how fast this stuff can move.

Not my "Sweet Spot" moment...but tonight a the Bulldogs game (as seen from my perch in the Press Box):

There was a puck out of play that struck a young fan in the Bulldogs end. I don't think he was badly hurt, but obviously somewhat shaken. During the TV timeout, while he was being attended to by Security, Medical and his father....Bulldogs goalie Robert Mayer skates over to the glass...gets his attention and passes his stick over the glass to him, then skates across to the bench, gets a new stick and goes back to the crease. Everyone in that section, and everyone who saw it gave them both a pretty good ovation.

Classy move by Mayer...and that kid will remember that for a long time after the bruise is gone . At that point we had Mayer tagged as the 2nd Star (34 saves in a 3-1 win)....we thought about moving him up to Number 1, but we were over ruled by one of the other Press Row guys.

• Like 1

Goal, Assist, plenty of ice time, and the W last night. We were pretty short benched in our rec league game against the top team. Felt good to grind out the win. One of those games where everybody is clicking and making the right plays. Doesn't happen to often - HA!

For the people who bash the Flyers fanbase, just remember, there are these types of people who are Flyers fans. Those a-holes you hear about on the sports blogs don't make up the whole.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414132#YourCallTop

Here's a must-share story I witnessed firsthand at the game which demonstrates the true heart of a hockey fan. At the end of the first period, a 32-year-old unemployed iron worker from the Atlantic City Union exited the complimentary seat he was given and was about to enter the concourse area.

Wearing the "Giroux" captain's jersey the fan purchased that very morning in hopes of getting it signed by his favourite player someday was a dead giveaway as to his team loyalty. This hockey fan was about to walk past a mother and her little girl (age 5) when he noticed that the child was wearing a surgical mask over her mouth.

The absence of hair on her little head along with her look was an indication that the child was a cancer patient. The blue collar fan then paused and asked the little girl if she was a Claude Giroux fan? As the child nodded he removed the brand new Giroux jersey, handed it to the little girl and said, "You are an angel and I would like to give this jersey to you."

The little girl beamed with excitement and commented to her mother that the jersey had the new "C" on the front. The good Samaritan Flyers fan simply walked away with a tear in his eye. The name of the fan is being withheld at his request because like most acts of kindness, he did not want to bring attention to himself. I felt the need to bring attention to the act of one terrific hockey fan and human being.

Event such as these demonstrate why hockey fans are the greatest fans in the world and make me so proud to be part of the game. Welcome back hockey fans. You are truly the GREATEST.

• Like 1

It's easy to bash Flyers fans, and for that matter B's and Leafs fans. Why? Because they care. Turn on a Devils game and you'll see a bunch of teenage girls chewing gum and texting in the front rows. You don't hear people say jack about Coyotes fans....because they don't exist (apologies to the 2 yotes fans here). Remember....

"Nothing great in life was ever achieved without passion"

Nobody ever tries to stop the assholes that dump beer on kids or beat people up in the street either. It's great that this guy did this, and more people should do good things, but it certainly isn't representative of the entire fan group. Just as those assholes aren't representative of the entire group.

Recent vandalism in my neighbourhood. Slashed tires, bent antennas, smashed windshields etc etc. Buch of punk ass kid try to get into the house of a neighbour who just happens to be a cop. He and I nab one of the buggers. Kid was all cocky when he thought it was just too homeowners who were grabbing him. His eyes went as big as dinner plates when said neighbour phones in to cop shop to say he was an off duty cop. SWAT guys who happened to be in the area show up first. Kid is now seriously shitting his pant and proceeds to rat out his two friends. BUSTED. Wrong house. And we struck down upon them with great force and furious anger. And they will know, our name is the law!

• Like 2

Just filled the last spot on the roster for the tournament in April. Now the wait for the inevitable cancellation begins....

Got my stick back from southwest...they said no one claimed it at the airport (bs!) so they sent it to dallas. Called, and they shipped it out in 2 days.

When SWA misplaced my hockey equipment, I vowed never to fly them again with my gear, and I haven't.

Free bags, sure, but you get what you (don't) pay for. Just my experience.

I'm an uncle for the 3rd time.

Jasper Finn Bazinet

born: Jan 27/13 12:31p

9lbs 21 1/4"

This keeps the streak alive...it has been 45 years since there was a girl born in our family.

• Like 1

Tenetive deal on my first full on road motorcycle. Time to get off the dirt and onto the roads, looked at Harley sportsters but ended up going with a dyna wideglide. Having my mechanic take a look at it because it has a lot of work done to it (edelbrock heads, big bore, stroker, ect) and I know what it's like sometimes with a motor that hopped up. If it's all good I'll post a pic up here when I get it.

I've been wearing a half visor for the last 3 or so years. No major injury to me, but have had two friends lose teeth. Decided it was time to put the cage on and previous times have hated it. Originally went with the itech visor/cage combo but the one I bought didn't fit my face correctly. So I just bit the bullet and put a cage I've had for awhile on. Played last night and it didn't bother me one bit. It will take a few games to get completely used to it, but was very happy that it didn't bother me. Found that wearing the cage also gives me another level of "confidence" when going into board battles and crashing the crease. Was always worried about that errant stick lift catching me in the teeth.