Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Missed my 42nd birthday celebration....my wifey was kind enough to invite a bunch of my old friends on Friday night for beer and ribs...and I had to cancel about midday Friday to go home sick from work and sleep all weekend.  My actual birthday was Monday and I have so many cold meds in my body I haven't had a beer all week.  Oh, shit...forgot this is the sweet spot:

Feeling better now; time to watch my daughters play in the state HS girls tourney this weekend.  Woot!

• Like 2

On 2/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Also any time crossing into the US where I don't get detained is always a plus.

Try getting checked 50% of the time... not the random drug swipe that they do at the airport, but having to wait 15-30 min while they check your passport details and verify that you dont have any outstanding warrants of arrests. Found out that someone else has the same name as me, and apparently he isnt the model citizen that I am.

41 minutes ago, fatwabbit said:

Try getting checked 50% of the time... not the random drug swipe that they do at the airport, but having to wait 15-30 min while they check your passport details and verify that you dont have any outstanding warrants of arrests. Found out that someone else has the same name as me, and apparently he isnt the model citizen that I am.

That's exactly what happens to me. Same name AND birth date, federal warrant. 

The crazy part is... I have Global Entry. You know, the thing they make you do background checks and in-person interviews for. And STILL it happens. Big black X over my kiosk receipt at the airport. Isn't that kind of the entire point of being pre-screened?! 

Had a very successful first charity gear drive at the Gulls games this weekend. Filled up a whole uhaul van full of gear and gave away some awesome prizes!

• Like 4

"Dear AP U.S. Candidate:

Congratulations!  Your score on the AP U.S. screening test allows you to register for the AP United States History course for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year."

Woo

• Like 2

Awesome, jamarquan.

One of my few mistakes in HS was taking AP English and then failing to register for the AP English test.

Freshman literature and freshman composition in college were awful after taking those high intensity classes in high school.

Take that test, score a 5, smile as you walk past classrooms of college freshman history students.

• Like 1

I'm going to preface this with a preemptive apology if you know what AP is and the whole post was patronizing you accidentally.

AP is a college level class taken in high school, which I'll be doing as a sophmore next year in both Language / Composition and US History, because my school bundles them together. The AP exam is a college level exam on the subject graded on a  (worst) 1-5 (best) scale based on multiple parts and apparently a curve most of the time. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 5:05 PM, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

i just wish it would stay cold in the northeast so the ponds would freeze over.  this damn snow ain't helping matters  :/

Wrong thread to post this ;) these past two weeks have done nothing to help out the northeast 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I'm going to preface this with a preemptive apology if you know what AP is and the whole post was patronizing you accidentally.

AP is a college level class taken in high school, which I'll be doing as a sophmore next year in both Language / Composition and US History, because my school bundles them together. The AP exam is a college level exam on the subject graded on a  (worst) 1-5 (best) scale based on multiple parts and apparently a curve most of the time. 

.....  when you come home from work and read your MSH posts and see this....  and you are a HS Assistant Principal.   Epic fail.

18 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

.....  when you come home from work and read your MSH posts and see this....  and you are a HS Assistant Principal.   Epic fail.

Welp. You certainly would know more than I do.

10 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

It was only a joke about coming home from work (for me) and hearing more about work related topics.  Thats all.  Don't read too much into it.

7 minutes ago, MThockeydad said:

Haha, I thought you were chirping the $#!t out of him, too!

May have been scrambling for the "delete account" button. 

23 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

All good, I really had no idea what you were talking about. 

On 2/28/2017 at 8:21 PM, Jamarquan said:

It's on a curve?  Well crap no wonder my brother's classmates hated him. 

Seriously, congratulations, enjoy the depth and breadth of the subject, and go forth and screw up the curve like a boss.

• Like 1

Had a real father - son moment at 7am: watching Dave Chappelle's Killing them Softly with the volume up way too high. The limo / ghetto bit was fantastic.

Winning playoff game against the #1 seed, we played our way in #8 seed(I believe, not sure), but moving on and they're not.  Super chippy late, including a junk crosecheck to the back at game end that resulted in a no shake, half shake, crazy separation end.  Winning is better than losing.  Fun to win and we skated well.

• Like 1