Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

So my inline team played tonight. Lots of new guys and we're finally starting to all mesh. 

We won our game in epic fashion, 7-2. In the last four minutes I blocked a slap shot with my thigh right above where the padding on my compression shorts end. 

Gonna have a nice welt there. I've got three raised circles from the pegs on the puck where it hit me. Lol. 

Doesn't hurt too bad but I'm waiting for it to bruise to see how much puck detail I get. Haha.

On 12/5/2016 at 9:35 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

After 6 months of injury and illness on the ice three times last week, 2 hours for Winterfest and a game Sunday night taking every other shift on D against a good team.  I'M BACK BABY!!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2016 at 9:35 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

After 6 months of injury and illness on the ice three times last week, 2 hours for Winterfest and a game Sunday night taking every other shift on D against a good team.  I'M BACK BABY!!!!!

Every other shift on Defense? I'm just going to wait for your goalie to post in the venting thread soon ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That thing is fucking awesome... 

now I'm picturing you sitting in the locker room having tea and praying to it, like that guy and his statue "Jobu" in the movie Major League.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pocketmonster18 said:

That thing is fucking awesome... 

now I'm picturing you sitting in the locker room having tea and praying to it, like that guy and his statue "Jobu" in the movie Major League.  

Yea we started calling it Jobu. A few of us prayed to it. Haha.

It was made by a street vendor in Mexico while some of my teammates were down there last week. Amazing.

On 12/12/2016 at 8:04 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Yea we started calling it Jobu. A few of us prayed to it. Haha.

It was made by a street vendor in Mexico while some of my teammates were down there last week. Amazing.

How big is that bad boy?  I think you'd get a great reaction if you wore it for warm ups.

56 minutes ago, Neal said:

How big is that bad boy?  I think you'd get a great reaction if you wore it for warm ups.

Haha its only about 6" diameter. That would have been funny though. 

Bad news: Did not do well on my math placement test last night. 

Good news: Spoke with an admissions counselor and found a loophole.

Great news: Admitted to the college's Paramedic program, starting in January!

• Like 7

Just got an email saying I am the daily winner for the CCM giveaway on IW!  Today's prize is a stick. Man this is awesome!

• Like 11

Three-peat achieved! 

xQVggrJ.jpg

This was especially sweet after being in last place by a mile this year because we could never get the full roster playing. Many nights with 6 or 7 skaters. 

3 goals against in two playoff games with a shutout. This was a come from behind win against our Dead Deer rivals too .

• Like 9

Im kicking off 2017 going from the venting spot to the sweet spot.

The scary spinal/neck surgery that came out of the blue was a success. My surgeon was excellent and he said it's only a matter of time before I'm as good as new. All I can do now is take it slow and heal up. 

All I can really say is if you got something health-wise going on, don't wait, get it checked out. And if you have to push for an MRI, X-RAY or whatever, do it, it's your body and it might save your life.

• Like 8

So a little update from my post in the Venting Spot here.

My visa came through! Canada, I'm coming for ya! If you see a slightly lost looking confused ginger Irishman with a beard and very few teeth, say hi!

• Like 5

A friend of mine asked me to come to a stick in puck at the local outdoor rink.  We ended up getting a 2 hour long pond hockey game going.  It was so much fun sometimes I wonder why I still play in a league and just don't play pick up.

• Like 2

Just finished filling out an application to return to school to finish my degree.  I have 8 classes left to complete my BS.

• Like 6

I finally did it.

After all the horrible timings and misses that led to turnovers during a game. I finally scored a goal from behind the goal line. Haha. 

That's what you get for leaning out too far from the post. Bounced it right off the guys shoulder. Lol.

2 week postop doctors from my neck surgery, X-rays look good & doc is impressed with how well my strength has returned to my right side. Still can't lift anything more than 5 lbs, but the best news is I can start weening myself off using the neck brace and once I'm comfortable without it doc said I can start driving again. 

They're baby steps but slowly and surely I'm getting back on track!

• Like 7