Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlehockeymatt

harrow hockey sticks, shafts

Also confirming that the new code worked tonight. TBLfan, did that happen just on a slapshot? Approx. how many hours on the ice with that blade before it exploded?

It was a friend's blade and I believe it was semi-new, I'm pretty sure his other blade was the one he used for months. It was cracked so I borrowed it to finished it off for the hell of it. It took quite a bit of abuse after the crack the blade, it kept flexing so it wouldn't break cleanly. I even purposely tried to take a lot of ice while hitting the puck in the middle-toe of the blade, with a 110 flex stick. Another friend of mine with a heavier slap shot tried and couldn't do any better breaking the damn thing, it was a stubborn old girl.

Has anybody used or handled the new Harrow Syncro ProLite OPS?? Supposed to be 450 grams at full length with a 12K carbon wrap. I'm really tempted to just order one because the 50% off code works on it, and it's in my flex and curve....

http://www.harrowsports.com/Zing.asp?Item=28049&Group=1106&Type=34&Cat=52&StoreID=

Hattrick, I had a feel of one this Thr past, as a good buddy of mine is fully sponsored/endorsed by Harrow here in Aust. The weight is very good with the grip coating allot closer to an Easton S17. The puck feel is allot better then say 300GS, which to me felt very dead. I was especially interested as I just bought a new Kronik Grip. The Kronk's whip, puck feel and weight were better/performed more. For my mind it wasn't comparable to the Kronik or my previous stick, CCM U+ CL. Still not a bad twig at all. I would rate 7/10.

It was a friend's blade and I believe it was semi-new, I'm pretty sure his other blade was the one he used for months. It was cracked so I borrowed it to finished it off for the hell of it. It took quite a bit of abuse after the crack the blade, it kept flexing so it wouldn't break cleanly. I even purposely tried to take a lot of ice while hitting the puck in the middle-toe of the blade, with a 110 flex stick. Another friend of mine with a heavier slap shot tried and couldn't do any better breaking the damn thing, it was a stubborn old girl.

Good to know they can take a little abuse. For $20 I guess you can't really go wrong.

I've got a teammate who's been using the same 2-piece since November, winter league, playoffs, summer league, etc. He's a center so the blade looks like hell and is hacked up pretty bad, but it's still stiff and going strong. Same with the shaft, paint is chipped but it's got all it's pop and is very sturdy. He noted he preferred the old pre-HD Dolomites in terms of shooting, but the puck feel is better on these and they are more durable.

I reached out to the Harrow contact on their website about their new 200 series blades and received an email back in less than an hour.

• Our 200 series blade is our mid-level option for a tapered composite blade. The difference is that the 200 blade composition is composed of more fiberglass then the high-end 300 model making it approximately 20g heavier.

I was hoping the 200 series would be a standard blade, but I guess a cheaper option is nice. Although at only $8 a blade cheaper and very limited curve options, the market for these seems limited to me.

Ive just taken Delivery of 6 300 ops' right handed 'BAND' Curves (drury clone).

On first impressions they seem really well balanced and not too heavy. The grip coating is subtle but still there and the paint seems real good. Im so glad the name plates on the stick were at no extra cost. From a distance they look printed on but they are just a label.

Fingers crossed these perform well because ive used my seasons stick budget on them and i dont feel like buying my own sticks....

Will update friday after a couple of praccys.

Ive just taken Delivery of 6 300 ops' right handed 'BAND' Curves (drury clone).

On first impressions they seem really well balanced and not too heavy. The grip coating is subtle but still there and the paint seems real good. Im so glad the name plates on the stick were at no extra cost. From a distance they look printed on but they are just a label.

Fingers crossed these perform well because ive used my seasons stick budget on them and i dont feel like buying my own sticks....

Will update friday after a couple of praccys.

Good luck Al, hope you are doing better then the last time I saw you bud.

Good luck Al, hope you are doing better then the last time I saw you bud.

Not quite so hungover, so yes i am lol.

EDIT: It's too late to give a full review but the sticks are awesome!

What do you guys figure is the closest to Bauer's PM9 or P106 curves?

3, 6 and 7 looked somewhere in between the PM9 and P106, but I'm a terrible judge using the online photos.

1 = Zetterberg

2 = Big deep mid, like Reebok P30

3 = Drury

4 = Slight mid-toe, somewhere between Datsyuk and Weight

5 = Iginla

6 = Sakic

7 = Lidstrom

1 = Zetterberg

2 = Big deep mid, like Reebok P30

3 = Drury

4 = Slight mid-toe, somewhere between Datsyuk and Weight

5 = Iginla

6 = Sakic

7 = Lidstrom

2 was originally designed to mimic the Coffey and 4 was originally designed to mimic the Recchi

I bought a Harrow 300 shaft after my Warrior broke. I got the 300 series black shaft, with the glossy grip and a 75 flex. I also put a Harrow pattern 4 blade in it. So far, I love the combo! Great feel! It took me about a game to get used to the new pattern (I was using a Sher-Wood Bouchard before that), but now I feel completely comfortable with the set-up. Got a hat trick using it last night and could have had a few more!

Has anybody used or handled the new Harrow Syncro ProLite OPS?? Supposed to be 450 grams at full length with a 12K carbon wrap. I'm really tempted to just order one because the 50% off code works on it, and it's in my flex and curve....

http://www.harrowsports.com/Zing.asp?Item=28049&Group=1106&Type=34&Cat=52&StoreID=

I picked one up, 75 flex Sakic curve.I have'nt played on the ice with it yet but it feels really well balanced and as light as any top end stick out there IMHO.The 75 flex does seem stiffer than other brands at the same flex.I cut it to 1'' below the 75 flex mark.I may end up selling it as I usually use whip or int flex sticks .

Was thinking about this topic earlier and was just wondering how everyone's Harrow sticks are holding up? I've been using two 300 shafts and blades on a regular basis and they have been treating me well. I've been through about 5 blades in the past year. None of them have ever broke, they've pretty much just went "dead" on me. My one only complaint has been that it's a bitch to get the blades in securely. I've been finding that I have to add a couple layers of tape to the tendon, then pop it in the shaft. If I don't, I'll take a few shots then the blade rattles like crazy. Anyone else dealing with this?

Was thinking about this topic earlier and was just wondering how everyone's Harrow sticks are holding up? I've been using two 300 shafts and blades on a regular basis and they have been treating me well. I've been through about 5 blades in the past year. None of them have ever broke, they've pretty much just went "dead" on me. My one only complaint has been that it's a bitch to get the blades in securely. I've been finding that I have to add a couple layers of tape to the tendon, then pop it in the shaft. If I don't, I'll take a few shots then the blade rattles like crazy. Anyone else dealing with this?

That's funny, I'm having the opposite problems. I had a tough time getting my 300s to fit into a Dolomite and SE16 shaft. Required a good amount of heating/pushing to get them in and they are not going ANYWHERE.

I love my Harrow sticks!!!

Been using them for a year now.

I've got 2 shafts and have been through half a dozen blades with half a dozen still in my garage.

On a scale of 1 - 10:

Overall feel 9

Stick handling 8.5

Passing 8.5

Snap shot 7.5 (maybe it's the low flex, but Warrior's seems to do better for me on snap shots.

Slap shot 8.5 (I find I lower my bottom hand a bit more than my Easton or Warrior to get off a similar shot)

Wrist shot 9.5 (very similar to my Easton Synergy, if u load it up, it's a rocket)

One negative I have notice. When taking a hard cross ice pass for a tip into the net, the stick can kinda twist or torque and the tip-in sometimes goes wide. Never had this with other sticks, but can be compensated for.

I highly recommend these to anyone considering them. If they ever have another 50% off coupon, I'm gonna load up :)

i've been using a christian torch from 06-07 season that adams used and some 07 pro stock dolo shafts, the dolo shafts will always be the same i wish i could find more, anyway the torch was amazing, great snap to it, stiff on slappers and good whip and snap on wristers, i just currently got a harrow/christian torch bearing both names and the feel sucks compared to the one that just said christian on it, i was a little bummed, same flex and this one feels like a noodle, not cool at all

I too have been through a few blades. Always have to add tape to the tendon to keep it snug.

I have also broken 3 shafts. One of them was within the warranty grace period and they took care of it without any fuss.

Still highly recommend though, especially if you can catch them on their half off sale.

I too have been through a few blades. Always have to add tape to the tendon to keep it snug.

I have also broken 3 shafts. One of them was within the warranty grace period and they took care of it without any fuss.

Still highly recommend though, especially if you can catch them on their half off sale.

I don't think that's coming back unfortunately