Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Update on Haiti -

My cousins are trying to get into the country through the DR - they just arrived today.

One of my maternal aunts found my grandaunts (paternal) and got them water and whatnot. Unfortunately, they have been held up twice and lost whatever money and valuables they had on themselves. It's getting really nasty out there as people are panicking and people are looting.

Update on Haiti -

My cousins are trying to get into the country through the DR - they just arrived today.

One of my maternal aunts found my grandaunts (paternal) and got them water and whatnot. Unfortunately, they have been held up twice and lost whatever money and valuables they had on themselves. It's getting really nasty out there as people are panicking and people are looting.

Incredible. I hope they are safe, it's got to be such a mess.

A couple new ones today:

If you're in a museum, you don't need to have your nose touching the glass case. There's also no need to push your way in front of everyone, just to stand there and block their view.

In said museum, if you need to send someone a text; stop walking and stand out of the way until you are done. Then continue with your tour.

Oh and speaking of pushing your way in front of people; Do you ever plan on looking at those one point something megapixel images you just took with your cell phone? You do know that a flash and a glass case don't work well right? And that there are high quality pics of the same stuff online that are way better than anything you're going to take with the phone you got for free with a two year commitment.

Also, please allow me to apologize for swearing like a drunken sailor with tourette syndrome (just loudly enough to make the recording) while you filmed your kids standing in front of every display in the museum. Your selfish and boorish behavior was more than I could stand and I had to respond in kind. Plus it was just easier than beating you and/or your child (and the inevitable security guards).

A couple new ones today:

If you're in a museum, you don't need to have your nose touching the glass case. There's also no need to push your way in front of everyone, just to stand there and block their view.

In said museum, if you need to send someone a text; stop walking and stand out of the way until you are done. Then continue with your tour.

Oh and speaking of pushing your way in front of people; Do you ever plan on looking at those one point something megapixel images you just took with your cell phone? You do know that a flash and a glass case don't work well right? And that there are high quality pics of the same stuff online that are way better than anything you're going to take with the phone you got for free with a two year commitment.

Also, please allow me to apologize for swearing like a drunken sailor with tourette syndrome (just loudly enough to make the recording) while you filmed your kids standing in front of every display in the museum. Your selfish and boorish behavior was more than I could stand and I had to respond in kind. Plus it was just easier than beating you and/or your child (and the inevitable security guards).

(Applause) Chadd, I'm an art student, and every once in a while I get a chance to see an amazing exhibit at the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History in Pittsburgh. One of which was a traveling exhibition of modern art. One piece was an image that was created with hundreds of layers of laminated plastic one on top of the other. I saw so many people walk up and touch them. I thought it was common knowledge that, unless instructed otherwise, museum pieces are not to be touched. People do not understand that the piece they were putting their grimy hands on probably took an unimaginable amount of time to create... they're ruining it. One of the few times I've yelled at a complete stranger.

Two unrelated beauties from this past week ...

First, I'm sitting in this parking spot facing a retail store and a family pulls up in a top-of-the-line Lexus SUV and stops in front of the store in the fire lane. Wifey gets out and goes into the store and hubby/kids sit in the fire lane for 15-20 mins. Just before wifey comes out, hubby opened the driver door and pushes the garbage from McDonalds onto the road. He then gets out and helps

wifey loading her purchases into the back. Just before hubby gets back into the car, I get out of my car and tell him that he forgot something on the ground. He then screams 'F-k you ... mind your own business' to me , flips me the bird, and roars off.

Second, I'm driving on the interstate in heavy but speedy traffic and come up behind a woman going 45 in the center lane. Can't go around her as traffic is flying by me left and right. I see her gesturing with her hands and sure thing, she's on the phone. Well just as I get a chance to go around her, she opens her window and throws the cell phone out of the window. Hits the side of a utility truck and shatters on the road. The lady then speeds up to about 80, moves to the right lane and passes everyone. Unbelievable !

Guy sitting behind me at the Bears game last night was going on about fights all night. Less than five minutes left in a one goal game and numbnuts back there was convinced that guys were going to drop 'em at any second.

Guy sitting behind me at the Bears game last night was going on about fights all night. Less than five minutes left in a one goal game and numbnuts back there was convinced that guys were going to drop 'em at any second.

Hershey of the ahl?

Judging by his location, I'd be safe to assume that. Daily Vent: It's too warm out. Please drop back into the 20's and be frigid cold so I can get some ice time in, i'm bored out of my mind, and so are my friends/teammates/classmates!

Judging by his location, I'd be safe to assume that. Daily Vent: It's too warm out. Please drop back into the 20's and be frigid cold so I can get some ice time in, i'm bored out of my mind, and so are my friends/teammates/classmates!

Amen. Last thing I need is the snow pack getting slick and the good ice turning to mush.

I'm trying to buy a 2nd car, and everyone I go look at ends up being a shitbox. fml

How much are you looking to spend and what are you going to use it for?

Two unrelated beauties from this past week ...

First, I'm sitting in this parking spot facing a retail store and a family pulls up in a top-of-the-line Lexus SUV and stops in front of the store in the fire lane. Wifey gets out and goes into the store and hubby/kids sit in the fire lane for 15-20 mins. Just before wifey comes out, hubby opened the driver door and pushes the garbage from McDonalds onto the road. He then gets out and helps

wifey loading her purchases into the back. Just before hubby gets back into the car, I get out of my car and tell him that he forgot something on the ground. He then screams 'F-k you ... mind your own business' to me , flips me the bird, and roars off.

Second, I'm driving on the interstate in heavy but speedy traffic and come up behind a woman going 45 in the center lane. Can't go around her as traffic is flying by me left and right. I see her gesturing with her hands and sure thing, she's on the phone. Well just as I get a chance to go around her, she opens her window and throws the cell phone out of the window. Hits the side of a utility truck and shatters on the road. The lady then speeds up to about 80, moves to the right lane and passes everyone. Unbelievable !

And see... Think of me what you will but it is times such as those that my family and I are fortunate for what little grip I have on reality, such as it were. At the very least if I had a paintball gun with me during those times...

I was just walking around the neighborhood with my children and for the first time witnessed a Prius going fast. Now of course he did not stop at a stop sign; most Prius drivers do not and he was zipping through a residential area much faster than the posted speed limit. I mean Prius drivers normally driive ten miles slower than the posted speed limits no matter where but not this --

Oh. Wait. Sometimes when I type some words, I get a warning so maybe I should just stop ty

Edited by Big Glove Save

The "hybrid" episode of Southpark was on last week. "...so smug you like the smell of your own farts!"...now I don't watch that show very often but this one was hilarious. First thing I thought of when you mentioned a Prius.

Amen. Last thing I need is the snow pack getting slick and the good ice turning to mush.

Hell, I'm in a short sleeve shirt and flip flops today.

Hell, I'm in a short sleeve shirt and flip flops today.

So was I for the last two days. Damn near 45 degrees, I was sweating. Thank god we're back down to 25-30 for the next week at least.

I'm trying to buy a 2nd car, and everyone I go look at ends up being a shitbox. fml

Looking to spend around 15 grand, and it is going to be my daily driver. i'm giving my current car to my girl to use. i was trying to figure out if i wanted a 4x4 or a convertible, so i think i'm just gonna get both: a jeep wrangler.

Looking to spend around 15 grand, and it is going to be my daily driver. i'm giving my current car to my girl to use. i was trying to figure out if i wanted a 4x4 or a convertible, so i think i'm just gonna get both: a jeep wrangler.

That's the only thing I miss with my FJ Cruiser, the roof doesn't come off. Just avoid the 4 cylinder models, they suck if you need to use the AC.

yeah, i'd like to get a pre 07 model that still has the straight 6. bulletproof.

why do american car companies do the most retarded shit, then wonder why they can't get people to buy thier cars. jeep should NEVER have put a chrysler V6 in ANY jeep they make, they should have just continued to make the 4.0L. I'm kinda shying away from leasing a new one because of it.

7pm and fedex has yet to arrive. I once had them deliver a package at 9:50 at night. That definitely is the next BUSINESS day. It's kind of um, bs. UPS never does this to me.

I was supposed to receive a package from the same place with the same carrier and I haven't received it either.

I'll check on a tracking number tomorrow. Keep in mind I don't process the orders.

Team mate skates into me during a game and his helmet hits me square in the chops. Split lip and teeth pushed back. Braces again? likely. Split lip starting to look life a cold sore? Yes. Girlfriend happy? No.

Loved ones moving on.

Car pulls out from a junction without enough space for to safely stop should they not be able to hammer it right away. Lo and behold there's a pedestrian on the crossing about 10feet away and they put the anchors on, a grab the brakes on my motorcycle, front wheel slips away and i slide about 20 down the road into the back of the car.

All in one weekend. FML.