Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Driving home from work just now...3 kids (12-14 maybe?) standing on the corner...as I roll through one of the little bastards throws something at my truck. There was traffic behind me so I couldn't stop dead and get out...but I continue the half block to my house. Get out, inspect the side...no real damage...It was plastic, I guess...but I can tell something hit it...(by the smudges in the dirt). I look back around the corner...the kids are still standing there.

I think about yelling "Hey, which one of you little f**kers threw something at me...?" But, I had visions of some father thinking his little snowflake can do no wrong trying to pick a fight, or me being dragged away by the Cops for assault...so I just walked back.

Where do punks get off with having no respect for anyone/anything around them.

You had a "when keeping it real goes wrong" moment and made the right decision, going further usually ends up worse.

Driving home from work just now...3 kids (12-14 maybe?) standing on the corner...as I roll through one of the little bastards throws something at my truck. There was traffic behind me so I couldn't stop dead and get out...but I continue the half block to my house. Get out, inspect the side...no real damage...It was plastic, I guess...but I can tell something hit it...(by the smudges in the dirt). I look back around the corner...the kids are still standing there.

I think about yelling "Hey, which one of you little f**kers threw something at me...?" But, I had visions of some father thinking his little snowflake can do no wrong trying to pick a fight, or me being dragged away by the Cops for assault...so I just walked back.

Where do punks get off with having no respect for anyone/anything around them.

Because noone holds them accountable.

I don't know what possesses kids to do things like that. Maybe it's because my parents have made me work for everything I own that I respect other peoples property and the work that is required to obtain it. I just have never had the urge to throw something at someones property or to steal everything. All I know is if I threw something as somebodies car and they went to my parents, they would probably have me work for them or something along those lines. I honestly think their is something wrong with my generation and how ungrateful we are. (I am pretty guilty of that at times myself.)

Ok this is more like a WTF moment because I think I just witnessed my neighbor stealing his child that he lost in a custody case....

Edited by starsfan71

Wow. Thats rough. I'm 22 with a degree. I have an interview coming up but it's in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere here in MN. I really need a job but really can't see myself making that move. Tough choices.

Lost the C league championship. 7-0. Some stats on our opponents:

Wildcats: GP-8 W-8 L-0 Goals for:44 Goals against: 10

Playoffs: GP-2 W-2 Goals for: 12, Goals against: 0.

They had 4 confirmed A leaguers, including the goalie, and 2 more B Leaguers.

My knee's finally starting to feel better but I'm probably going to have to stay off it until next week, so I'll miss another league game. Damn it.

Apparently, 2nd Day Air shipping means sending my sticks everywhere but my house for IceWarehouse.com. Since leaving California on Tuesday, they have visited Texas, Montana, Spokane (at least they got the right state), and now Portland, Oregon.

I'm expecting these tomorrow. What the hell.

I just read that on Fark. But it is for the entire community to use, not just the football team. At least that's what the school district people say. :facepalm:

City immediately north of me is building a new football stadium for their high school.

The vent: $60,000,000 price tag, 16,000 seats. HIGH SCHOOL

Seems excessive for high school, but as a friend of mine who was recently transferred to the area told me. "There are two seasons here, football and spring football". Their facilities are amazing and better than a lot of colleges.

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id59.html

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

City immediately north of me is building a new football stadium for their high school.

The vent: $60,000,000 price tag, 16,000 seats. HIGH SCHOOL

Is Fark your site? Or just a link you have on your profile? Cuz it's funny as hell

I'm a very heavy contributor, but it's run by Drew Curtis out of Lexington, Kentucky.

Oh, I thought you were important somewhere, sorry :lol:

just kidding

Seems excessive for high school, but as a friend of mine who was recently transferred to the area told me. "There are two seasons here, football and spring football". Their facilities are amazing and better than a lot of colleges.

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id59.html

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

The funniest part is how few wind up playing D1 football let alone the NFL.