Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Even my old '05 Mazda 6 can do that - if you're going to have steering wheel controls being able to change tracks or stations is a pretty basic function. The designers that missed that on a modern car certainly dropped the ball.

Yea it's weird I can search my iPhone for the track I want and play it all from the steering wheel but a simple "next track" function is absent.

Why in the blue hell does this cars steering wheel not have a track forward/back button? I can do everything under the friggin sun with it except change the song apparently.

And yes I realize you all said I'd be bitching about my car eventually. STFU.

:ohmy: Why are you buying songs that you don't want to listen to?

• Like 3

OR

I bet if you won 50 million in the lottery you would be here venting about having to pay the taxes on it :laugh:

Hah. My philosophy is that small problems are the worst kind because they shouldn't be problems in the first place.

I especially love that it's the same people who either complain when I post in this thread or "like" posts that make fun of me for posting here :) Regardless of whether it's something significant or just a minor annoyance, I still take shit for it.

It's the venting thread for a reason guys...

I envy those who never having anything to vent about!

Having steering wheel radio control was an option for me when I bought my Subaru in 08, but moving my fingers the three inches over to the control on the radio wasn't difficult

Moving your fingers down to the radio controls isn't that difficult and is what I did for the first 15 years or so of driving, but once you get a car with the wheel controls it's hard to go back. You can change songs or stations with your thumb without taking your hand off the wheel or looking down. It's not only more convenient, but it's safer. It's definitely an option I'll be looking for in all cars going forward.

I just don't get why I can change volume, answer Bluetooth calls, change every setting imaginable, use the navigation, and every other function you can think of... Except go to the next song. It's just silly.

Should also mention I often listen to my music on shuffle, so the next track button becomes pretty important.

Oh well. It's really not a big deal but again this is the venting thread.

I think your misunderstanding the audience here. Yes it's a venting thread, but your venting very often to a group of hockey players. Chirping is in our nature, we all do it to each other when together and apart. As residents of countries primarily in the first world, most of us don't see venting about piddly shit as something you need to do fairly often. If you are searching for sympathy with your vents, perhaps a better outlet would be livejournal, Facebook, or some other form of social media rather than complaining to a bunch of hockey players.

• Like 2

Whatever man. I'll be sure to point out any time anyone else vents about something I feel is unimportant as well.

Or more likely... Just not post in this thread anymore. I can hear the cheers from here.

Edited by OptimusReim

(sorry for the long post, just needed to get this off my chest...)

I just rode my bike back from a friends, and on my street I spotted two people transporting a hockey bag and a black Alkali CA9 backpack. I was wondering because I own the same bag, and I've never seen anyone in Austria with this bag (got it from Germany) and I didn't know any of them from the rink.

So I rode the few more meters to my flat, went for the cellar (where I keep plenty of gear) and noticed my basement had been cleared out. Call it stupidity, but deciding to instantly race after the guys sounded better than calling the cops from there, which would have required explaining and carried the "risk" of them vanishing in the area (near a central train station). I caught up to them two streets down, tossed my bike and started shouting at them "that is my gear!". They dropped the bag & backpack, one proceeded to pull a smaller backpack from the bag. I dropped a knee on the bag to keep them from running of with it and called the police. During the call the one with his own backpack just took off. The second one stayed around, claiming he doesn't know what is happening as he was just "helping a friend carrying his heavy stuff", how he "didn't do anything wrong so he wouldn't run", and did actually stay around till the cops showed up a minute later (the station is just around the corner).

What followed was the long process of explaining what happened, how the second guy looked like and where he ran to, how I could be certain this was my gear, having them secure evidence at my basement, and so on and so on... The police found another bag inside the backpack, containing (among other stuff) drug paraphernalia, and are currently looking to apprehend him.

Now I'm sitting at home, writing everything down ("memory minutes", to be added to the police report), and the realization kicked in how stupid it was to go after them for basically two sets of used gear + skates. If any of them would have attacked and injured me, the costs would surely have been higher than what the gear was worth...somehow the heat of the moment got the better of me, and I was lucky I came out unharmed (the retrieved gear is nice, but doesn't really matter in retrospect).

Usually in debates I argue along the lines of "it's just your money not your health, so just give them anything they want", but it is very sobering to see that I wasn't able to keep my cool and did the opposite when it counted :/

• Like 1

Whatever man. I'll be sure to point out any time anyone else vents about something I feel is unimportant as well.

Or more likely... Just not post in this thread anymore. I can hear the cheers from here.

Dude, it's the venting spot. This is the place for you to share that shit. Go ahead and post what you want and ignore anyone who chirps. And for the record, that's stupid... It should have a skip track. My caddy does.

Edited by dkmiller3356
  • Like 1

Personally I don't care if your post on here or not, that's up to you and wether you get something out of the venting or not. You are on topic, I'm just saying you need to understand that chippa is always going to be chippa, etc, and you will get some negative feedback on things. You will get sarcasm a lot from me because I Am sarcastic, but it doesn't mean I think any less or more of anyone. This isn't a support group, so vent away, and if the chirping bothers you, just ignore it man. Maybe it really bothers or is important to you, that's fine, everyone is different. Understand the audience, you're more likely to get supportive comments by % in a group of friends than you are guys in the locker room, even if they may be friends. And like Dave said, yes it is kind of stupid that it's not a standard feature in a luxury auto, considering that I could have opted for it in my car, but I'm a cheap ass and just want reliability and safety in a car so I don't personally find it an important feature.

Oh and if you want to point out any small stupid stuff I vent about, do so, and I will agree.

• Like 1

Hockey players and referees should not have skin this thin. In the worlds of hockey lockerrooms and old friends hacking on each other is a way of life. If you can't laugh at yourself then you're missing half the fun.

Edited by chippa13
  • Like 4

gosinger, happy to hear things worked out okay. Did anything happen to the kid that stuck around, meaning did they charge him with a crime? Did he give up his friend that ran?

@EJB: he was taken in but released shortly after, haven't heard any specifics about him. The runner has been identified from what I was told by the police, once they have him I might have to come in for an identification. But since he is a junkie without a place to stay, what are they gonna do to him besides adding this to his record...

Not having a hockey shop that I can go into and try on multiple skates, in the sizes that I want & model I want(even one off) to make decision on skates. It grinds a bit to always hear, try them on, as if this is a option that you're just overlooking.

I was in Anaheim for business a bit back, walked into Hockey Giant and was BLOWN AWAY by the options of a shop like that.

@EJB: he was taken in but released shortly after, haven't heard any specifics about him. The runner has been identified from what I was told by the police, once they have him I might have to come in for an identification. But since he is a junkie without a place to stay, what are they gonna do to him besides adding this to his record...

This type of theft is crazy bad here. Drugs are the bane of our society.

So I managed to cut the sidewall of my front tire on my way into work this morning. They are repaving the road where I work and apparently i got too close to the corner of drain. No big deal, takes about 15 minutes to put the spare on and I'll get a new one at lunch. As I'm about to fit the donut on, the manufacturer supplied jack collapses and folds, with my car now resting on the rotor. Apparently Subaru jacks are not rated for cars. I then had to borrow two jack from co-workers (Nissan SUV jacks are quite nice), jack up the back tire on the same side enough to slide another jack under the front, let down the back and jack up the front (again). It's also the first day of our latest heat wave, so I was good and soaked by the time I was done. No apparent damage, but I'm very annoyed by the POS jack. I realize they aren't designed to be heirloom tools passed on from generation to generation, but I did expect it to work more than once.

Due to some issues with parts delivery at work...it appears we will be operating on short hours all week. Normally, this would be a good thing...but not in the paid hourly world.

Guys that always take a beer after the game, but never take a turn to bring beer. Seems like it's the same 3-4 guys that always bring beer. Hell, there is a guy that has brought a few times in the past year and he doesn't even drink.

Guys that always take a beer after the game, but never take a turn to bring beer. Seems like it's the same 3-4 guys that always bring beer. Hell, there is a guy that has brought a few times in the past year and he doesn't even drink.

whats funny about that is the same guy brings the beer every week. When he skips a game usually are captain brings the beer. I always feel bad taking one and I have said to him if he ever wants to take a week off just let me know. He responded with "I like bringing the beer it makes me feel important. It makes me feel like I contributed to the team, and makes up for my lack in skill"

VENT:

I have a guy on my team who thinks he is gods gift to hockey. He is such a pain in the ass. Always commenting on everything and never seems to have tape. Well the other night the only spot in the locker room was next to him. He asks what skates I had and made a comment that they where too high end for my skill. He then also made a comment on how I lace my skates. He just has something to say about everything. Very annoying.