Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

definitely like the look of the stick too, it just looks like a solid twig, not overly painted. is that what we can expect come release?

definitely like the look of the stick too, it just looks like a solid twig, not overly painted. is that what we can expect come release?

The Miken will be slightly brighter orange, but that should be it.

are the Z9's out of production? a rep from an online retailer said they could not get anymore in and they are out of the flex/pattern/grip i wanted.

Cool, from the attached .pdf the flex profile looks more-or-less like Bauer's G3 profile (stiffest in the middle, whippier by the blade and the knob). I also really like that shaft shape, looks very similar to a Bauer Supreme shape, or the many other sticks that have used a virtually identical shaft shape. Have been very interested in trying Miken's BP41 pattern, this could be the stick I try it on.

JR, when you say you're "still getting used to the balance," do you mean it's really blade light?

Very nice stick, I got mine in the mail today. This one feels slightly blade heavy, but it's hard to compare as this one is LH and I'm not. I like the finish on the shaft and minimal graphics. Shape is excellent for me and the overall weight is pretty light.

are the Z9's out of production? a rep from an online retailer said they could not get anymore in and they are out of the flex/pattern/grip i wanted.

Z9's are not out of production and will be staying in the line for the next 12 to 14 months. I can attest we have a lot on our warehouse shelves for over stock as well

Got my RH stick today, it feels a little lighter than my widow and balance is nice. It's right around the length I use, may have to add a 1/2" plug to match it up exactly but the higher lie may make up for it. Can't wait to use it on the ice, but I'll be in Vegas with my wife on my game night. Going to have to wait for next week.

Got my RH stick today, it feels a little lighter than my widow and balance is nice. It's right around the length I use, may have to add a 1/2" plug to match it up exactly but the higher lie may make up for it. Can't wait to use it on the ice, but I'll be in Vegas with my wife on my game night. Going to have to wait for next week.

how do the shaft dimensions compare to the widow? larger, smaller, same...etc.?

very, very similar. If anything, the slightest bit larger. The shaft walls are also thicker on the ZL

People must think I'm a freak because I kept all of these. :)

to be fair, if you weren't a freak, you probably wouldn't be running this site, haha.

Not so freakish. Mine are all either in the barrel under my cutting brace (old weight bench) or on the floor where they fell when they missed.

Maybe we can get a resource going - actually, if you guys can take clear individual pictures, send them to jboucicaut@modsquadhockey.com along with the description and we'll put them up.

Would it work if you lined it up against a ruler? That way there is a reference to the height/width that people can relate to. Not everyone has the same fingers as JR.

Got on the ice for a bit with it tonight. Very nice kick on wrist shots and while it's a much different curve than I normally use, accuracy with passes and shots was no worse than usual. In fact, I made a couple of goal line to far blue line passes that were right on the tape without thinking about it at all. The one difference I did notice is that the stick feels really light in game play. Being a friendly pickup game, I didn't really get a chance to step into a slapper, but that and more info will come later. This is a legit stick folks, very impressed with all aspects of this stick so far.

Maybe we can get a resource going - actually, if you guys can take clear individual pictures, send them to jboucicaut@modsquadhockey.com along with the description and we'll put them up.

Actually a pretty good idea considering the variety of shaft shapes and sizes out there now.

Thanks for the solid reviews thus far, guys.