Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miken Zero Limit stick

I will start a long term review when I get through some of the family stuff I have going on right now, but I used the stick again tonight and really liked it. A number of the guys commented on the weight and performance when they tried it in warm ups. Snapped off a wrister from a pad position and clanged it off the post before the goalie even reacted, too bad it stayed out. The stick is slightly shorter at full length than the length I have been cutting my widows, but I haven't had issues with the length or lie for the most part. The kick is very consistent and reliable. Overall, very impressed with the stick. It is amazingly light and seems to kick hard and reliably for me.

I'm always up for trying new things; how would this stack up against an RS?

I was not a fan of the RS at all. The flex profile of the ZL feels more like the Mako to me.

I will start a long term review when I get through some of the family stuff I have going on right now, but I used the stick again tonight and really liked it. A number of the guys commented on the weight and performance when they tried it in warm ups. Snapped off a wrister from a pad position and clanged it off the post before the goalie even reacted, too bad it stayed out. The stick is slightly shorter at full length than the length I have been cutting my widows, but I haven't had issues with the length or lie for the most part. The kick is very consistent and reliable. Overall, very impressed with the stick. It is amazingly light and seems to kick hard and reliably for me.

I was not a fan of the RS at all. The flex profile of the ZL feels more like the Mako to me.

when you get the chance, either here or in your future LTR, can you compare the puck feel to the one95 and mako? thanks.

One of the guys on my team is still using one95s, I should be able to do a direct comparison of them next Thursday night or Friday.

I got mine yesterday! I am super pumped to try it out. I will try to throw up some additional comments when I get a chance to use it, but first impressions are pretty good. Good balance, decently light.

306734_10100913524591312_2033169903_n.jpg

1G 3A in a 3-3 tie (assisted on one of theirs) with the ZL tonight. Ripped a wrist shot past the goalie from the top of the circle. It really doesn't take much effort to get off a good wrist shot with this stick, the puck really seems to jump. I did compare to the One95 and the ZL is much lighter and has a stiffer blade, but with the balance, you really feel the puck well. I am really impressed with the stick and it's holding up to hacking and slashes pretty well. I took a couple massive chops tonight and I didn't see any damage.

Chadd, how does it stack up against the Widow? I know you mentioned that the Widow was something that you could have used to replace your beloved TPS XN10, so would the ZL be as good as what you have reviewed for the Widow?

I don't want to get too far off topic on this but they are very different sticks and the specs are different on each so it isn't an apples to apples comparison. I feel a little more comfortable taking slappers with the Miken, as the flex profile feels more natural for that to me. Other than that, it's a matter of taste.

Held my bosses ZL today. Very nice. Felt a lot lighter than the Z9. It did seem really whippy though, but I will assume that it is the flex profile (Mid kick in the ZL vs low kick in the Z9). The 70 he had felt way whippier than my 70 flex Z9's. All in all I was very impressed. Looked very sharp too.

I would like to get one of these for my son, he currently plays the P91A. I have yet to find a retailer that carries Mikens equivalent curve, any idea where I might find one?

Any chance there will be a longer version made like the Widow? I like that it is USA made

I guess the BP88 is closest to the Warrior Kovalchuk? Is it the exact same curve as a Bauer P88? Also like that curve.

Finally had the chance to use my Zero Limit last Sunday, and I have to say I liked it a lot. It has overall good feel and balance as well as a decently stiff blade. The flex profile seems to be somewhat like a Nexus in my opinion and has pretty good pop. I am using the 80 flex cut down roughly 4" with a Hall clone curve. The didn't much care for the shaft dimensions as the width feels ok, but the height is a bit much (I have slightly smaller than average hands though). I also found the grip coating to be extremely tacky compared to other grip sticks, but it very well may wear down a bit with use as this was the first time I have tried it. To give an overall view I would say the stick would be worth purchasing once it is released.

Anyone having any problems with their blades flexing/delaminating? I am having major trouble with both after only a few games with my Z9s. Just seeing if the ZL's are the same way. Not very happy.

I would like to get one of these for my son, he currently plays the P91A. I have yet to find a retailer that carries Mikens equivalent curve, any idea where I might find one?

It would be the BP23 and you should be able to find it online at a few different dealers

Any chance there will be a longer version made like the Widow? I like that it is USA made

I guess the BP88 is closest to the Warrior Kovalchuk? Is it the exact same curve as a Bauer P88? Also like that curve.

Currently it will only be offered in the standard height and the BP88 is the equivalent to the P88 and close to the Kovalchuk , but probably closest to the Warrior Zetterberg that I have seen

IMG_0305.jpg

here is a shot of the damage that is being made with the Zero Limit, our pro rep has broken 3 panes of glass in a 10 day span. Needless to say the rink he skates at doesn't want him to shoot anymore.

here is a shot of the damage that is being made with the Zero Limit, our pro rep has broken 3 panes of glass in a 10 day span. Needless to say the rink he skates at doesn't want him to shoot anymore.

that could also question the accuracy, however ;) any idea what rink that is so i know not to use the red lockers there??

that could also question the accuracy, however ;) any idea what rink that is so i know not to use the red lockers there??

I thought that too, but asked and it was one t's and just missed pipes. It was at Hardee's arena in St Louis area

With 35 or so of these sticks now in the hands and homes of the SJ attendees, I figured a thread on the stick makes sense.

After using it for pretty much all of the shoot around and the whole "game", I can say that I am a fan. For me to be able to use a new stick comfortably says a lot. At previous events , I was usually back to my regular stick early on in the game action, not so yesterday. It will be interesting to hear what other folks have to say.

Edit: completely forgot we had this thread out there.

"Use the search."

I have to agree with chippa.

I used it for most of the shoot around and for the whole game.

Big fan. Stick performed well and the graphics look slick

I can add more once I get a few more skates in next week .....really excited to use it again.

I'm curious to know how many guys found the stick as comfortable as chippa and zylos -- that is, how many kept it going through the whole SJ skate. That is a huge recommendation.

I'm really impressed that Miken put themselves forward like this: speaks of a major confidence in their sticks.

I had the Miken, Easton RS, Reebok AI-nine and my X:60 pro-stock on the bench during the shoot around. I keep going back to the Miken and used it for the entire game. So far, I am a BIG fan.

Also, weight wise. It's noticably lighter than my X:60.

I will say this, if this is what their bringing to the table, they're definitely a player and should not be overlooked.

I'm curious to know how many guys found the stick as comfortable as chippa and zylos -- that is, how many kept it going through the whole SJ skate. That is a huge recommendation.

I'm really impressed that Miken put themselves forward like this: speaks of a major confidence in their sticks.

It seemed to me that most guys were favoring the ZL. I borrowed an RBZ and had my APX from home and I used the ZL for most of the demo skate and all of the game.

It's my new favorite stick.

I'm just waiting for the call asking my permission to use my likeness from SJ in the ZL marketing.

"Miken ZL......preferred stick of HPuck 2012 Spring Champion, Chris Pianowski."

Now that I think about, it sounds funny but could be marketing gold to do the tongue and cheek embracing of the beer leaguer.

I finally decided to read this thread, after admiring my ZL. I'm looking forward to using it next time out. I spent my time yesterday trying some loaners that I had to give back, and giving some face time to my Northland Custom Pro, and my Titan, because I had to.

Said it earlier as well but, I shot 6 pucks with the RS, went to the locker room and taped up my ZL. I'm a Miken fan since I bought a MV5 radial last year. The ZL has it all. Consistent with every shot. I was shooting snap shots at 40 mph and that's saying A LOT for a beer leaguer. I forgot to take a slapper with it but I used it almost the whole demo time and the whole entire game. I can't wait to get back home and even more time with it.