Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Unless you are doing some thing really unique with your shoulder pads, they should last you a really long time. Shoulder pads recieve less wear and tear than arguably any other gear. Look at all the NHL guys that are still playing in ancient shouldies from their junior days.

Nothing unusual, no. Just putting them in my bag when I'm off to the rink. That alone makes me nervous with these pads. I'm not twisting/cramming them in my bag, but still, moving from my solid as a brick (but big as a house) nexus to these has been an adjustment.

I don't care how good the foam is, it's not going to stand up the same as foam with some sort of fabric layer.

Time (and care) will tell, I guess. Overall, I'm very very pleased with them.

Curious as to the thoughts of the RBZ shins vs 20K. I understand that they are 2 different models, but I'd like to know how the protection is in comparison. I love my 20K as far as the protection is concerned (no issues blocking shots), but the strapping system is poor and I would like a lighter pad.

Curious as to the thoughts of the RBZ shins vs 20K. I understand that they are 2 different models, but I'd like to know how the protection is in comparison. I love my 20K as far as the protection is concerned (no issues blocking shots), but the strapping system is poor and I would like a lighter pad.

The RBZ is a more slim fitting pad. With the use of U-Foam it is lightweight but I'm not a fan of the cross straps. I still prefer the strapping system on the front like you find on Bauer and Warriors because they actually feel like they're doing something.

The RBZ is a more slim fitting pad. With the use of U-Foam it is lightweight but I'm not a fan of the cross straps. I still prefer the strapping system on the front like you find on Bauer and Warriors because they actually feel like they're doing something.

to me, i had the opposite feeling. Both pair of warriors I have had, the Projekt and ax2 shins, I had some slippage during play, even when tightened all the way. I feel like the light weight of the RBZ makes it so they move a lot less, and i can get an almost anchor like grip on them, to my leg. I still have and like my projekts, but will probably sell them and eventually get a second RBZ pair for my drop in kit, maybe a line or two below top end.

We just got our first batch of Tacks sticks in and I must say, their 100 dollar price point stick is very very nice for the price

I was at hockey monkey today looking into this. 20k is by far the most protective pad that I saw on the wall- especially at the bottom where shin meets skate- nothing wraps above the ankle like the 20k. That are is key for me because I take a lot of pucks off that area when forechecking. It seems like the defenseman, when it lack of passing outlet, panics and fires a pass as hard as he can off of me as I am closing in, and I get caught on the inside of the leg as I am usually veering off at that point to avoid contact (I am a beer leaguer). In doing so, I end up taking pucks to the inside of my leg- which is fine, as long as puck hits pad and not me.

For me, it is down to the nexus 8000 or the 20k- even the nexus does not come close in terms of the comprehensive wrap- but it seems to be #2 from what I saw on the wall. Nexus is much lighter, but lacking in that one area that I always seem to get hit, where 20k is the only pad that covers. Rbz is similar to apx2- slim, shallow fitting pad with apparently maximum protection gaps for the puck to smash up the vulnerable spots. I've been getting dinged up in drop in, so I am paying closer attention to these details (protection gaps). I just do not know if I want to haul around all the extra weight on the 20k- I wish nexus just had a better wrap on the bottom.

Edited by Cosmic

Curious as to how the RBZ 130 would compare against the Mako M5. Looking at getting either of these two. Looking for good chest protection & mobility, and of course light weight. My last pair of shoulders were al old ass pair of jofa's.

I have the rbz130. Hardly notice them.

how are they in the water retention and breatheability departments?

Very happy to see the Reebok 10K jock rebranded and available in North America. Most comfortable cup on the market by far.

@SirJW: It looks the same as the RBK version (both 10k and 8k) if that helps; worn for 3 seasons now (inline + ice) and still no problems.

€: And yes, most definitely the most comfortable cup out there, including some MMA specific cups :)

Edited by gosinger
  • Like 1

It's the same as on the 10k, just different color. I just retired my 10k combo after 3 seasons use.

Hey, Does anybody know when CCM/RBK will be releasing new product pages or a new catalog for any of the mid summer new equipment? Thanks