Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

QFT

Scotty-

Kinda sorta. It's a pro stock so it's just a z-carb w/o that ridiculous focus flex.

Those are even better. Only ones I've ever seen of those were pro stocks. The Total Hockey here had a couple Hejduks and some Kovalevs last year.

I'll throw this in here too. This pretty little lady just showed up today. Some of you may recognize the curve as well. It's in great shape, but I only wish it weren't a lefty, otherwise I'd give this blade a shot. Oh well, it's becoming a shaft. Brand new Si-Core Z-Carbon Modano blade will be here tomorrow or so.

SiCore-2.jpg

SiCore.jpg

Edited by Scotty

Going with the classic shaft theme and putting up the latest addition to the quiver. 330g of shaft. I can hear the shudders from the weightfags now, but the A/G comes in at an admittedly heavy and beastly 440g.

I had a few as well. I remember when those were a "light" aluminum shaft.

Scotty how did the ripshot blade treat you? saw a few of those at Play it again sports but never shelled out the $50 for one. Thing felt like a feather though.

:D That ugly old thing? We got them in at our hockey shop that I used to manage and I used to wonder how well they'd work compared to the Z-Carbons I always used. They looked very solid, very well put together, etc. And back then, they felt fairly light. Now it feels like a damn brick. Puck feel was decent, but nothing special. The graphics came off quite easily, but the blade held together over the years. I haven't used it in ages.

I'll throw this in here too. This pretty little lady just showed up today. Some of you may recognize the curve as well. It's in great shape, but I only wish it weren't a lefty, otherwise I'd give this blade a shot. Oh well, it's becoming a shaft. Brand new Si-Core Z-Carbon Modano blade will be here tomorrow or so.

Ahhh. The days when Easton made good sticks. I loved the Si-Core Grip.

Ahhh. The days when Easton made good sticks. I loved the Si-Core Grip.

Exactly. Granted I haven't used any Easton OPS in years and years, but their shafts have felt like absolute crap for the past 3-4 years.

I'd absolutely kill for an original silver Synergy in 85 flex with the Modano pattern.

I'd love to find one of the original T-Flex Graphite Shafts, the Maroon colored shaft with grey and black graphics.

I've got one in 100 flex. Also got a Dan Boyle with Synergy graphics.

I was watching those, they look kind of destroyed for "6 months old" lol

Post some pics when you get them!

Are you sure they arent just regular e-pro's with a shorter cuff?

I was watching those, they look kind of destroyed for "6 months old" lol

Post some pics when you get them!

Are you sure they arent just regular e-pro's with a shorter cuff?

I have no idea on the model. Not enough pics. For $20, i figured it would be a good time to use peaches. Gonna send these and maybe one other pair there and will post pics when final work on these are done.

edit

kid I bought em from plays in the ushl so I can understand how beat up they got in 6 months

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

I have no idea on the model. Not enough pics. For $20, i figured it would be a good time to use peaches. Gonna send these and maybe one other pair there and will post pics when final work on these are done.

I misread, I thought you said they were PPF's dressed Easton lol

Nice grab for sure, especially for 20$!

Those are even better. Only ones I've ever seen of those were pro stocks. The Total Hockey here had a couple Hejduks and some Kovalevs last year.

Easily the best composite blade that I've ever used and it's a shame they're such a bitch to find. Anytime I got a whiff of some available I swooped in and grabbed what I could. I have about 10 left and won't be adding any more to those. I grabbed some Boyle T-Flex z-carbs and then found out they fit almost no tapered shaft I have. I'm almost tempted to just tape the hosel a bit and put it in a standard.

some ancient stuff I found in my basement lol.

Are those Graf 503s? If so that's what I'm still skating on :lol:

When other people are posting your current gear in a "look at the old stuff I found" capacity, it might be time to upgrade...

Edited by sitzlejd

some ancient stuff I found in my basement lol.

Bauer 4000's when I was like 8 where my favorite skates ever, and I still hold true to that at 21.

Easily the best composite blade that I've ever used and it's a shame they're such a bitch to find. Anytime I got a whiff of some available I swooped in and grabbed what I could. I have about 10 left and won't be adding any more to those. I grabbed some Boyle T-Flex z-carbs and then found out they fit almost no tapered shaft I have. I'm almost tempted to just tape the hosel a bit and put it in a standard.

I wish all the major companies didn't have to attempt to be such marketing machines. Easton makes some really solid stuff when they're not worrying about being the latest innovator or marketing some goofy new "technology".

When did gionta use Bauer 4 rolls?

Don't know, I can't figure it out. I mainly bought them for the colors. Having Gionta on the cuff was a bonus. But I've yet to find a photo of him wearing Bauer...

A pair of recent additions...

I LOVE my 4-Rolls! :blush:

Are those tsr blackhawks 4 rolls? I've gotta find me a pair of those in 13's.

Are those tsr blackhawks 4 rolls? I've gotta find me a pair of those in 13's.

Yea. If you wear older Bauer or NBH 13" 4-Rolls, the newer 14" should fit pretty good. I'm glad I happened to be in a shop that had both the new Bauer 13" and 14" because the 13" feels smaller than the ones I have now. These 14"s feel pretty good on me...