Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Stocking up on shoulder pads for the year. I've got one pair of Douglas already, having a second set shipped to me, and I just bought these:

tpsshoulders.jpg

Stocking up on shoulder pads for the year. I've got one pair of Douglas already, having a second set shipped to me, and I just bought these:

Those & the Douglas shoulder pads bring back a lot of memories. nice pick up.

those look a lot like football pads.

Not trying to sound harsh to you, but I think that that's what they are talking about, because the Louisvilles look like (American) football pads and I kow douglas makes football pads

i think i still have a pair somewhere in my garage

well if you're looking to get rid of them, PM me.

Not trying to sound harsh to you, but I think that that's what they are talking about, because the Louisvilles look like (American) football pads and I kow douglas makes football pads

Nope - they're hockey-specific shoulder pads. Douglas used to make a hockey shoulder pad as well, although they no longer do.

Edited by shooter27

Understood. I just assumed that maybe someone used/uses them for hockey pads. A tad bulky, I might add.

oh, man... i used to have both the louisville flexor elbow and shoulder pads.

thanks for posting that picture. that really takes me back. i hadn't thought of/seen those in YEARS.

@shooter27 perani's has them in stock on their website for $5.99.

can't beat that if they have your size..

if not... 14" available here for $40.

Edited by lukejameslarson

those look a lot like football pads.

Nope, hockey specific shoulder pads.

Both Louisville and Douglas made hockey pads that were similar to the old CCM Supra's back in the day. These are just a tad bit more beefy.

yeah they do look big but they are used in the NHL too as they offer great protection

The protection is nice, but a lot of people, including myself, will add/subtract certain things from the pads. They might be a little big, but they're nothing compared to the RBK pads that have boobs for shoulder caps.

Understood. I just assumed that maybe someone used/uses them for hockey pads. A tad bulky, I might add.

They're not as bulky as you might think. Don't notice any difference on the ice.

I used a pair of those hockey douglas shoulder pads from 8th grade to my first year of college and they were the best pads I've ever used.

yeah they do look big but they are used in the NHL too as they offer great protection

Can't remember the last time I saw shoulder pads like these in the NHL. I mostly see JOFA, Reebok and the bauers.

The protection is nice, but a lot of people, including myself, will add/subtract certain things from the pads. They might be a little big, but they're nothing compared to the RBK pads that have boobs for shoulder caps.

Honestly those look like they'd be way bigger than a set of RBK's. How do they compare to something like the Easton ST line?

Can't remember the last time I saw shoulder pads like these in the NHL. I mostly see JOFA, Reebok and the bauers.

There were guys that used to use them - I know Tkachuk and Lindros both wore them at certain points - but I wouldn't say it was a lot of guys that wore them and I doubt anyone does today.

My landlord came by a couple of weeks ago and cleaned out his giant shed that's on the property we rent. Said I could have full rein of it. So now I have a good space for the summer to store my stuff since it's too damp in the basement. This thing is perfect as it's well sealed and it's in the shade all day, so it never gets too hot. Its nothing like jschlenske's set up, but it works...

img0306hy.jpg

img0307y.jpg

Should be fun moving that all back into the basement when the winter comes around again. Also hope the fiance doesn't open up that green container on the floor... ;)

My landlord came by a couple of weeks ago and cleaned out his giant shed that's on the property we rent. Said I could have full rein of it. So now I have a good space for the summer to store my stuff since it's too damp in the basement. This thing is perfect as it's well sealed and it's in the shade all day, so it never gets too hot. Its nothing like jschlenske's set up, but it works...

Should be fun moving that all back into the basement when the winter comes around again. Also hope the fiance doesn't open up that green container on the floor... ;)

Gloves?

Edited by sitzlejd