Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Honestly those look like they'd be way bigger than a set of RBK's. How do they compare to something like the Easton ST line?

Nay, the RBK boobs are definitely bigger. The ST line is way more low profile, but they were too low profile on my shoulders which actually hindered my movement, thus why I'm still trying to sell them and stocking up on the pads that I used in Peewee's and Bantam's: Douglas, Jones, and Louisville. I never used the Donzis pads.

There were guys that used to use them - I know Tkachuk and Lindros both wore them at certain points - but I wouldn't say it was a lot of guys that wore them and I doubt anyone does today.

Currently, I can only think of two: Modano and Ladd. About ten years ago they were way more popular. And by way more, I mean maybe 20 guys wore them! :lol:

My landlord came by a couple of weeks ago and cleaned out his giant shed that's on the property we rent. Said I could have full rein of it. So now I have a good space for the summer to store my stuff since it's too damp in the basement. This thing is perfect as it's well sealed and it's in the shade all day, so it never gets too hot. Its nothing like jschlenske's set up, but it works...

*pic of shed*

Should be fun moving that all back into the basement when the winter comes around again. Also hope the fiance doesn't open up that green container on the floor... ;)

Looks like a nice setup. I'd be way to wary of spiders and other bugs to put my stuff out in a shed though.

Looks like a nice setup. I'd be way to wary of spiders and other bugs to put my stuff out in a shed though.

This shed is the last place any bug would want to live now. I must have spent about $40 in Home Depot to bug proof this place. It has electric, so I got a few of these plugged in along with other spider and ant goodies. Surprisingly, even without these things, the shed wasn't too bad with bugs when we cleaned it out. I know it's not gonna be 100% bug free, but I'll take my chances over the mold in the basement...

41EhLIbYEZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Overpaid, but I had to have it. (My mom is French, I spent a lot of my childhood there.)

I'm not sure you overpaid. you didn't get a bargain but you paid a fair price for that jersey, imo. I was watching that auction and considered bidding but went after a pair of MIA gloves instead.

I'd pay that much and more if I could find a Thailand jersey. *cough cough*

Nay, the RBK boobs are definitely bigger. The ST line is way more low profile, but they were too low profile on my shoulders which actually hindered my movement, thus why I'm still trying to sell them and stocking up on the pads that I used in Peewee's and Bantam's: Douglas, Jones, and Louisville. I never used the Donzis pads.

Currently, I can only think of two: Modano and Ladd. About ten years ago they were way more popular. And by way more, I mean maybe 20 guys wore them! :lol:

Lindros wore them for sure......he's the reason I bugged my dad to buy me these:

hockey5.jpg

Yep, Lindros wore Douglas.

Brian Leetch also wore hard-shell Easton Donzis his entire career.

I had those Flexors as well. Christian also made a model too; at RDV I would call them the "Peewee pad" as we sold them primarily to parents whose kids were first-year Peewees who were worried about their precious little flower finally checking.

That being said, shouldn't they be illegal at this point?

That being said, shouldn't they be illegal at this point?

Pretty sure it's still being debated under Rule 305 "Dangerous Equipment". I am probably wrong though.

Pretty sure it's still being debated under Rule 305 "Dangerous Equipment". I am probably wrong though.

With 225lb guys crashing into each other @ 30+ mph, how much more damage could be done by not having them padded?

And I'm not asking sarcastically either. Would the padding really make THAT much of a difference at that point?

The louisville ones are very flexible though......unlike some of the more modern plastic caps that have no give whatsoever.

I'm not sure you overpaid. you didn't get a bargain but you paid a fair price for that jersey, imo. I was watching that auction and considered bidding but went after a pair of MIA gloves instead.

I'd pay that much and more if I could find a Thailand jersey. *cough cough*

Lol or a china jersey B)

Anyone else getting flashbacks of the Coach's Corner where Cherry smashed those elbow pads/shoulder pads? Scary stuff thinking about getting hit by one of those, by say, Nick Kronwall?

It doesn't really matter what guys like Pronger, Phaneuf, and Kronwall are wearing when they go to hit you. It's gonna hurt regardless.

Haha thats true Krev

Dont you think this would add to the pain tho?

If it did I wouldn't be buying them in excess.

While I respect and like the custom eagle gloves, TSR really killed it with the bauers. I am quite pleased:)

Lindros wore them for sure......he's the reason I bugged my dad to buy me these:

hockey5.jpg

At the Champions Choice warehouse sale up here, no joke there were at least 30 sets of these, donzis, and douglas'. Crazy.

Edited by fastbrother7

Probably because they are Plymouth Whalers gloves.

Someone asked the same thing on their Facebook page. TSR came back and said it was because it would have added a fourth color. I'm assuming that would have made it cost more $$$. Although, there are plenty of nutcases that would pay the extra few bucks for them to get it 100% right. Pretty sure I'm one of them... :rolleyes:

It isn't the padding, it is the exposed hard caps.

Only for elbow pads so far, I don't think they mandated it for shoulder pads yet.

I bought the X60s in the whalers colors from TSR, while I wouldn't want them to replace any of the blue or green parts, I think it would have been cool if they went with gray on the parts that are white on the glove.

Edit: I still like them though, I just thought it might look better.

Edited by Scoobersti