Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

woot... where do you live, and hows the mobility ? im want these so bad

Mobility and breathability are excellent. I'll write a review later when I've used them a bit more.

This is a crosspost, but here's my custom oakley aviator visor - shaped with a dremel

(pic)

Looks legit, I'm very impressed by your dremel skills! I'm tempted to try something similar on some cheap RBE visor ahah

This is a crosspost, but here's my custom oakley aviator visor - shaped with a dremel

Excellent work! It looks very sharp...aesthetically

My 2011 CCM CL+ 13" sr. These are the highest end gloves I've ever owned. Won them from a CCM sponsored Facebook contest. Loooove them.

Those Navy or Black? Navy wouldn't match the Coors jerseys my friend.

Reebok 11K David Perron pro stock stick:

Been wanting one of these for years (ie a righty Kovalev pro stock basically, but with non-Superman stiff flex)... can't wait to try it tonight.

That curve looks a lot like the Gionta

My 2011 CCM CL+ 13" sr. These are the highest end gloves I've ever owned. Won them from a CCM sponsored Facebook contest. Loooove them.

screenhunter08mar161127.gif

Nice gloves man. Everyone's been talkin about them. I need to get a pair. But I'm a Bauer guy...how do u like the feel? What did u use before them?

Nice gloves man. Everyone's been talkin about them. I need to get a pair. But I'm a Bauer guy...how do u like the feel? What did u use before them?

Pardon the interjection, but I just switched from X:60 pros to U+CL's. I think overall they're very comparable gloves. The padding on top of the index/pinky fingers in the CCM did roll over and catch on my middle/ring fingers when I first had them...but that went away once they broke in. Now I'd say they're just as good as the Bauer's, just a little different. Definitely a more open cuff, on the CL's. I find the padding more protective on the CCM's. I like the flex thumb and the digital palm better on the X:60's. The CCM backroll is a little more snug than the Bauer. For me the slightly shorter finger length on the Bauer works better, the CCM is just a bit longer. Can't beat the colorways on the U+ - the R/Bk/Wh and the R/Nvy/Wh are beautiful, and I'm seriously eyeing a pair of Midnights now.

Sorry for adding comentary in the Show It Off thread.

Back on track with a nostalgic show off:

I always wanted a pair of these, but they were out of reach when I was younger. I picked these up for $20 on eBay. They're definitely well worn, but still have a lot of life left in them, especially with the new digital palms.

IMG_0560.jpg

That curve looks a lot like the Gionta

Sort of but not really. What makes the Perron/Kovalev pro patterns so unique is 1) the blade length, which is 0.5-1" longer than almost all other blades, 2) the height of the blade is which is 0.25-0.5" shorter than most blades, and 3) the amazing rounded rocker on the bottom of the blade. The heel portion has a pretty flat lie and by the time you get to the toe area the lie is upright, so whether you have the puck out away from you or in close by your feet, you've always got a flat, usable portion of blade on the ice. I'm guessing the short/thin blade is so it flexes a bit more. If you watch the Kovalev shooting technique video on Youtube he talks about generating shot speed by flexing the blade.

Pardon the interjection, but I just switched from X:60 pros to U+CL's. I think overall they're very comparable gloves. The padding on top of the index/pinky fingers in the CCM did roll over and catch on my middle/ring fingers when I first had them...but that went away once they broke in. Now I'd say they're just as good as the Bauer's, just a little different. Definitely a more open cuff, on the CL's. I find the padding more protective on the CCM's. I like the flex thumb and the digital palm better on the X:60's. The CCM backroll is a little more snug than the Bauer. For me the slightly shorter finger length on the Bauer works better, the CCM is just a bit longer. Can't beat the colorways on the U+ - the R/Bk/Wh and the R/Nvy/Wh are beautiful, and I'm seriously eyeing a pair of Midnights now.

Pretty much what he said. Like I mentioned...this is the highest quality pair of gloves I've ever had. I had Easton S11 and Bauer One35 before this. So it's tough to compare since those are both lower end gloves. I also had the twisting of the pinky finger until they finally broke in. Now it's a non-issue. The fingers are a bit longer then both the S11 and One35 gloves, but they are also more narrow...IMO. The backroll area is more open then the S11 but felt closer to the One35 (and probably the majority of the Supreme line of gloves). My hands are pretty skinny so I always keep that padding/flap on the inside of the glove tucked in. The cuff area is definitely more open then both the S11 and One35 gloves I have. But I love it. Overall, great protection, very comfortable fit, and very light. Only negative, for me, is that they get pretty warm. But part of that is probably because I keep that extra padding/flap tucked in.

Good stuff thanks for the info guys.....

Just got the call to pick this up about a hour ago. All I been doin is smiling :)

Looks great. Let us know how you like it.

After all the quality issues with the RS, I'm skeptical over the MAKO. Although I really hope I'm wrong.

I've not had any issues with my RS. No reason to discount the entire stick line because of a few loud gears squeaking.

I've not had any issues with my RS. No reason to discount the entire stick line because of a few loud gears squeaking.

Ditto. I have yet to break a composite stick, and my pro stock S19 is the only one showing any real deterioration as the blade has gone a little soft after 6 months of use. Some people just tend to constantly break sticks regardless of brand and/or model.

• Like 1

Pretty much what he said. Like I mentioned...this is the highest quality pair of gloves I've ever had. I had Easton S11 and Bauer One35 before this. So it's tough to compare since those are both lower end gloves. I also had the twisting of the pinky finger until they finally broke in. Now it's a non-issue. The fingers are a bit longer then both the S11 and One35 gloves, but they are also more narrow...IMO. The backroll area is more open then the S11 but felt closer to the One35 (and probably the majority of the Supreme line of gloves). My hands are pretty skinny so I always keep that padding/flap on the inside of the glove tucked in. The cuff area is definitely more open then both the S11 and One35 gloves I have. But I love it. Overall, great protection, very comfortable fit, and very light. Only negative, for me, is that they get pretty warm. But part of that is probably because I keep that extra padding/flap tucked in.

Funny thing is the twisting pinky thing annoyed me enough to go with the X60 Pros in all black, but I really liked the feel of both gloves. I'm sure i would have been happy with these as well.

new runners

how did you choose 'speed' over 'pro'?

I looked @ both and went with the pro's mainly because of the added height. out of the box the blade looked weird with the huge toe & heel, but since I needed to profile them anyways these will hopefully go away so we'll see...

how did you choose 'speed' over 'pro'?

I looked @ both and went with the pro's mainly because of the added height. out of the box the blade looked weird with the huge toe & heel, but since I needed to profile them anyways these will hopefully go away so we'll see...

I got them on Ebay. I figured since have LS2 Holders I should go w/ Speed.

Edited by 5 Minute Major