Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

donkers, on 25 Jul 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

snapback.png

I thought (fixed) you were a leafs fan

I am. But I live in Southern California so I'm also a Kings fan.

This is par for the course in LA for at least 1/3 if not 1/2 of all Kings fans in LA.

This is par for the course in LA for at least 1/3 if not 1/2 of all Kings fans in LA.

I moved to California and I decided I'd root for the local teams. I settled on the Padres (oops) and the Kings. A year later the kings won the cup. This past season I attended a number of games and only rooted against LA once (when Toronto was in town). I went to two playoff games. I basically root for the Kings unless they're playing Toronto. I'm also a Hawks fan (because I like most things Chicago). Then I have many teams I'm completely neutral about, along with some I wish well but really couldn't care less about (Winnipeg, for example). And finally there are teams I don't like (Montreal, Ottawa, Flyers, Islanders, Canucks) and then at the very end of the dislike scale you have teams I would even root for Montreal to beat (Boston - I dislike all things Boston in just about all regards).

My fandom is a pretty big sliding scale, but Toronto trumps all in a positive way, and Boston trumps all in a negative way. LA is just a close second because they're an adopted team due to moving to SoCal and wanting to have a team to root for here. It just as easily could have been Anaheim, really. Hell, they would have been much closer! I didn't know much about either of them when I got here and really just picked one of them randomly.

Edited by OptimusReim

I agree, it could make a good team look. For me, it's just been a matter of circumstance--way too old royal blue helmet, red Eagle gloves because they were too good of a price to pass up, purple socks because that was my teams' colors (high school and college intramural), black pants and then whatever color jersey I have on for pick up usually completes the look. Unfortunately (or...?), I don't have any pictures of me in that setup, but you get the idea.

Bit of a mail day from the Amazon sale. I've had the three white Diablo SE's but got the other 4 today. Pretty stoked.

L to R: Dynasty, DT2, Widow, Widow SE, Diablo x3. All LH 75 Gionta.

bOV2v6U.jpg

0ulf16F.jpg

Not a Warrior guy, but if Bauer had gone on sale on Amazon like Warrior did you better believe my collection would look like that.

• Like 1

Not a Warrior guy, but if Bauer had gone on sale on Amazon like Warrior did you better believe my collection would look like that.

Out of curiosity how did you guys find out about the Warrior sale on Amazon? This is the first I hear about it and I would have loved to have taken advantage.

Out of curiosity how did you guys find out about the Warrior sale on Amazon? This is the first I hear about it and I would have loved to have taken advantage.

I saw this post on Reddit. It was posted Sunday evening around 9:20pm PST and I saw it not long after that. The guy happened to be buying Warrior sticks off Amazon and noticed the insane prices. I got lucky, really.

Edit: There's still a very few DT1's on sale. All gone.

Edited by kr580