Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

1 hour ago, shoeshine boy said:

I guess I hadn't really looked at the Hawks new Adidas jersey. the white around the neckline is absolutely horrible.

Looks like there should be a necktie in the middle. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Looks like there should be a necktie in the middle. 

I was thinking more like they forgot to pull that thing out of his collar after his haircut.

Are strap colors mandated by all teams? I remember on the Bruins a few years ago Savard and Ference wore black loops and straps on the white away helmet, and everyone else had white. 

(I was at the Pittsburgh game where Savard got hit by Cooke, and I couldn't see his number, but I saw the helmet on the ice while trainers were tending to him. It was weird and conflicting to know it was one of them hurt, but not know who.)

The Habs wear black loops too. Makes no sense when both teams have white as a color and no black. It is especially strange when you find out they used to wear white until the 90's. Wake up guys. It's 2017 and styles have changed!

Edited by Jason
typo
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 8:41 AM, Jamarquan said:

Does that make Matthews "Leafs Dude"?

I believe it's " AZ Dude "

He was forged in the Desert,  so he'll be cool under pressure.

On 7/20/2017 at 7:00 PM, chikinpotpie said:

Is that what they serve at vegan restaurants?

Not sure about that, but it's been a mainstay on the menu at the White House this year.

6 hours ago, flip12 said:

It's fitting for the location :)

Definitely. First word that comes to mind whenever somebody mentions Las Vegas? "TACKY"

• Like 1

His masks as well as goalie masks in general are pretty busy with graphics. I do not know if this one is over the top comparing to some others as far as that goes. The hideous yellow paint however looks like a plastic toy gold and I think this takes the obnoxious to the next level. I wish he would have gone with primarily gloss black background, gold leaf accents and gold-plated cage (not sure if gold-plated cage is practical). Unfortunately team name has gold in it, team colors have gold in them... it is nothing but a recipe for something garish and this mask is that. I think that it is pretty unfair for Vegas population to be stereotyped to a shiny and sparkly crap. But perhaps I am overly sensitive to stereotyping, being from Russia and have come across staggering number of people who thinks that Russia is covered in snow 11 month out of the year, brown  bears roaming city streets, there is a chronic shortage of toilet paper, and that they need to speak loud and slow in order for me to understand them (but that is for venting spot). Anyways, will see how it looks in concert with the rest of the uniform and gear... perhaps it will look good on TV and from stands. 

... I tell you though. This gold paint is pretty nice homage to MSH text color in the title blocks....

Edited by Kgbeast