Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Well you are making assumptions that make me out to be an asshole. I wasnt a dick to the guy, i just told him he probably destroyed his kid's skates. The truth is the guy probably thought he could save 10 bucks by doing it at home, and now has likely ruined a perfectly good pair of skates.

Yeah, casually commenting in conversation that he totally fucked up a $300+ purchase is really the way to go about it. Great job.

Ok douche bag, what would you have said

Well you are making assumptions that make me out to be an asshole. I wasnt a dick to the guy, i just told him he probably destroyed his kid's skates. The truth is the guy probably thought he could save 10 bucks by doing it at home, and now has likely ruined a perfectly good pair of skates.

Yeah, casually commenting in conversation that he totally fucked up a $300+ purchase is really the way to go about it. Great job.

Ok douche bag, what would you have said

Well, probably nothing. But "douche bag"?

We might have moved beyond the assumption stage....

whatever, i wasnt a dick to the guy that came in, whatever you want to think.

Yeah, but you're being a dick to anyone who has casually commented on what you said to the guy.

You shared your story. You thought it was about some idiot who baked his kid's skates too long. A lot of us are seeing your story as an example of how to not to stick your nose in someone else's conversation.

Edited by Gr8erade

Gr8erade:

Stop trolling if your looking to argue find another site. Maybe some people should take their own advice, and not put their nose in others business.

Hehateme:

I would have told the guy the same thing, While he may have been embarrassed or not big deal. Plus when people do dumb things why not tell them? The truth is not arrogant.

Edited by D1RTYD0M

Gr8erade:

Stop trolling if your looking to argue find another site. Maybe some people should take their own advice, and not put their nose in others business.

Hehateme:

I would have told the guy the same thing, While he may have been embarrassed or not big deal. Plus when people do dumb things why not tell them? The truth is not arrogant.

:rolleyes:

I would have said the same thing and then asked if they baked cookies with the skates ;)

Seriously guys, chill the f out.

The skates came out fine, the cookies for some reason tasted like shit.

I would have said the same thing and then asked if they baked cookies with the skates ;)

Seriously guys, chill the f out.

funny you say that, my co worker asked if he was baking cookies

The bottom line is that this guy will think twice before he treats another expensive pair of skates like a french bread pizza.

Then I heard this bombshell. He goes "Yeah, I put them in the oven for 35 mins at 250"

I know I've said things like that sarcastically, but usually followed it up with a disclaimer.

Save $10? Most stores that I have ever been to never charge to bake the skates if you are buying a new pair from them. It is normally part of their fitting service included in purchase

Adam your assuming he bought them at the same store, and since hes a visiting team person, my guess is no. And that number is an estimation anyways. For store bought skate baking i've heard anywhere from free to 15, and for non-store bought i've heard anywhere from 10-50. Same with skate sharpenings, most are in a range of 3-7. But there are a lot under and over that mark, too. But as far as averages are concerned i'd say average baking is 10, average sharpening is 5.

I don't think I would or could ever ask my LHS owner if he would help me bake internet skates. It seems like an insult to their local investment and expertise.

It would be like my fat neighbor asking to use my bathroom because he didn't want to stink up his own house.

i had some donkey come get some one75s baked. and he's all bragging about his skates and crap, how they're so awesome, and how he's doing learn to play and all this shit.

I'm like, good for him that hes getting into hockey. Been there. But i dont give a shit about your skates you bought somewhere else and how good of a skate it is. moron.

i had some donkey come get some one75s baked. and he's all bragging about his skates and crap, how they're so awesome, and how he's doing learn to play and all this shit.

I'm like, good for him that hes getting into hockey. Been there. But i dont give a shit about your skates you bought somewhere else and how good of a skate it is. moron.

I call those unbaked internet skates "Mail Order Brides". :D

People send away for them thinking they're getting the hockey equivalent of a hot nympho chick in a thong, then when the box shows up on their doorstep, They're often stuck with a fugly, painful mismatch and don't know what to do or how to fix it. Just like a mail order bride....or so I've heard :D

I work at a rink, and we charge $30 for baking and $15 for the first sharpening if you didn't buy the skates from us. If you bought them from us, it's all free.

We consider it an incentive to buy skates from us because we fit you, take the time to figure out what you need, etc.

I understand if you can find a pair of skates online for $100 or $200 less than in the stores, but it always makes me chuckle to see people who bought a pair online that was $50 cheaper than in the store, only to have to turn around and pay $45 to get them baked and sharpened.

I understand how important it is to support your local hockey store, but i would gladly save that 5 dollars... 5 dollars is enough for a perfectly good meal. I see nothing wrong with that. I only bought my recent pair of skates online because they didn't stock the ones i wanted at my LHS. I would have otherwise. But you shouldnt't fault people for trying to save a little dough here and there. Just my two cents!

I understand how important it is to support your local hockey store, but i would gladly save that 5 dollars... 5 dollars is enough for a perfectly good meal. I see nothing wrong with that. I only bought my recent pair of skates online because they didn't stock the ones i wanted at my LHS. I would have otherwise. But you shouldnt't fault people for trying to save a little dough here and there. Just my two cents!

I'm big on supporting local business, but hey that's just me. But 5 bucks? Are you serious? If so, nothing I can write can describe the type of person you are better than what you wrote above. Enjoy your happy meal.

I work at a rink, and we charge $30 for baking and $15 for the first sharpening if you didn't buy the skates from us. If you bought them from us, it's all free.

We consider it an incentive to buy skates from us because we fit you, take the time to figure out what you need, etc.

I understand if you can find a pair of skates online for $100 or $200 less than in the stores, but it always makes me chuckle to see people who bought a pair online that was $50 cheaper than in the store, only to have to turn around and pay $45 to get them baked and sharpened.

So if I buy skates at another shop and don't have them sharpened (maybe the wait was too long or the guy who does it was out or just plain sucks) your shop will charge me $15?

Incentive...sounds more like a requirement if you ask me.

What if I already know what I need and I don't have them baked or sharpened, do I $45 bucks off?

Hey, $5 here and there can add up. If someone can save $5 a week for a year then they've got an additional $260 to play with.

It can also be the difference between having a local shop and not having one.