Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Every man needs a nice watch.

So I'm thinking of getting me a tissot for a wedding present.. to myself

I cant afford a Tag, but im tired of wearing fossils.

http://www.tissot.ch/

I am probably going to get the one on the main page.. $750 at my local shop.

Its a T touch model (the crystal face is also a touch screen). You touch the different parts of it and it activates the features.

[demo]

http://www.tissot.ch/pages/flashs/demo_ttouch.html

that's pretty cool... but I'm happy with my seiko titanium and it only cost me $100 which was like $500 less than it originally sold for :D

take a look at some Breitling watches, they are super classy looking

and well yeah, take a look. But they dont have features like touch screen <_<

http://www.breitling.com/en/

Breitlings are very nice but well over $1000. I'd look closer at some Tags... you can get a Formula One or a 2000 in the same price range as the Tissot. Unless of course, you like the Tissot, they're nice watches too, and not as common as the tired old Tag or the obligatory Rolex (when you get to that income bracket). Can't go wrong with the Tag or the Tissot for your first real man's watch... nice stepping stone into an automatic.

but tissot is pretty nice too... just go with what you feel comfortable with... dont get something that is the 'in' thing right now, make sure that you will be wearing that watch when you and your wife are celebrating 25 years together... better yet, get her to give you one for your first year anniversary, problem solved! :rolleyes:

I have 2 Citizen Titanium Eco-Drives which have been awesome-durable-lightweight and no batteries or winding. I have gotten close to 10 years out of one with no problems

Very good watches and now more reasonably priced >$250 which qualifies them as daily wearers.

For dress occasions I have a Bulova Titanium which although very nice is way overpriced and too gaudy to be practical for me for everyday-nice watch though

Citizen EcoDrive

I have a Citizen Eco Drive too...very nice watch. I won at work...no other reason I'd have a $400 dollar watch. Actually, It's the first watch I've had in quite a while that didn't have a station logo on it *L*

You can definitely pick up a Tag in your price range......I have to agree with Mack though, I received an Omega Seamaster for graduation last week and I'm absolutely in love with it.

Gonna have to go with Omega for watches.

I'll have to second that, I've accumulated a few fine watches over the years, it's one of my vices, and my Omega Speedmaster is definitely my favorite.

Gonna have to go with Omega for watches.

I'll have to second that, I've accumulated a few fine watches over the years, it's one of my vices, and my Omega Speedmaster is definitely my favorite.

I'd have to agree.

35133000.jpg

A cell phone is nowhere near as classy as a nice watch. It tells time, but says nothing about the style and character of the person. A watch is like an extension of the wearer.

Get a good watch, you'll know.

I have a Bvlgari Diagono that I recieved as a present from my Grandparents.

And some nice little watch I got at Polo.

A cell phone is nowhere near as classy as a nice watch. It tells time, but says nothing about the style and character of the person. A watch is like an extension of the wearer.

Get a good watch, you'll know.

I stopped wearing watches a couple of years ago. Going by this logic, I'm either styleless and characterless, or have moved beyond being defined and constrained by somebody else's schedule. Maybe it's both.

I like mine; plain and simple and I got a good deal on if a couple years ago. I've gotten many compliments on it and it's really light:

1.jpg