Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

2008-09 Gear Sightings

He has had the SE16 but has been using the S17 for the past few games. Not sure if they were Salo's or what the deal was. Also, Salo has been changing the colours of his S17 quite frequently.

nhl players pick a 2 piece for its feel rather than durability, i know some use wood blades for the feel

A two piece composite stick is not going to offer better feel than an OPS. Wood blades are a different story

nhl players pick a 2 piece for its feel rather than durability, i know some use wood blades for the feel

A two piece composite stick is not going to offer better feel than an OPS. Wood blades are a different story

I wonder why kovalev uses 2 piece composite then?

I mentioned this in another thread regarding One95 sticks but figured I'd mention it here too, don't remember reading it but I could be wrong... in yesterday's paper they had a big pic of Ovechkin and he wasn't using the U+ or One95 but rather a One85, not sure the difference but thought it was interesting.

Same reason St Louis uses single-piece fingers on his vapor XXXs... because he can. DUN DUN DUN

Same reason St Louis uses single-piece fingers on his vapor XXXs... because he can. DUN DUN DUN

Some guys get stuck on certain pieces of gear or types of technology and don't want to experiment any more. They find what works and want to stick with it.

I mentioned this in another thread regarding One95 sticks but figured I'd mention it here too, don't remember reading it but I could be wrong... in yesterday's paper they had a big pic of Ovechkin and he wasn't using the U+ or One95 but rather a One85, not sure the difference but thought it was interesting.

The One85 is 2" longer than the One95. I don't know how similar they are in their construction though.

I was under the impression the blade was different, but according to the catalogue they both have the Power Blade. The only difference is the one95 is monocomp, the one85 isn't.

ye and i noticed crosby stick was kinda a mix of the sickick 2 and 1...the top had the black weave and the chrome logo but the sickick part had the sickick 1 gold colours...i'll see if i can find a picture later

i cant find a picture of it but Jordan staal was using a vapor x:60 painted as an xxxx stick in games 1 and 2.

How can you tell then? you just know?

As JR said, by looking at the weave. Every so often the light would catch it just right and teh weave looks as big a the squares on a chess board.