Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

I haven't heard Tuuk Rocker Chassis yet have I?? Ice guys liked them, roller guys hated them....

I know one or two guys that still use them, never really heard any complaints about them...

the rocker wasn't a bust. it was a solid transition from ice to roller, and got a lot of ice guys into Bauer roller.

to the true inline guys, anything but 4 wheels on the floor is foreign, and therefore sucks.

to the true inline guys, anything but 4 wheels on the floor is foreign, and therefore sucks.

thats the way i see it. Rocker and Sprung.. theyre supposed to feel more like ice. I havent played ice since I was about 12?13? ( when i took up roller ) I dont want my roller blades feeling like ice skates. I want my roller blades to feel like roller blades.

I used the original tuuk rocker and hated it. it was so heavy it wasn't worth having it no matter how close to skating on ice it was. i'd consider using the composite version, but i think the clunky first edition did enough damage to the concept

I also used the rocker for years and while it felt more like ice then the old flat chassis I used before that I have to agree that the alloy chassis used on the high end Vapor was pretty heavy. The composite (plastic) version was lighter, but once I tried the A6 sprungs I couldn't go back to the Tuuk Rockers. I was planning on using my old conversions for outdoor games, but had to get another pair with Sprungs since they spoiled me and am trying to sell the old rocker conversions. In my opinion the rockers were a good chassis, but the Sprungs are just much better.

I also used the rocker for years and while it felt more like ice then the old flat chassis I used before that I have to agree that the alloy chassis used on the high end Vapor was pretty heavy. The composite (plastic) version was lighter, but once I tried the A6 sprungs I couldn't go back to the Tuuk Rockers. I was planning on using my old conversions for outdoor games, but had to get another pair with Sprungs since they spoiled me and am trying to sell the old rocker conversions. In my opinion the rockers were a good chassis, but the Sprungs are just much better.

agreed. the rocker can not be compared to sprung.

Not sure if it had much hype...but does anyone else remember the Hespeler blades that had a full shaft offset built in?

Are you talking about the offset blades or the bowed shaft?

I have a few of those! Picked them up at crappy tire when i was 10ish for $5 each, at the time i was told they were $40 blades. There all right handed gretzky curve, id try them except just that, there right not left. Anyone wanna swap for a lefty?

Also, what about those easton skates with the carbon fiber holders? The original airs maybe? I had a pair back in the day, im not sure if they were the ones with the composite holders or not, but i did own airs or z-airs or whatever there called, just dont remember much of them.

agreed. the rocker can not be compared to sprung.

You're right, they can't be compared side-by-side, but inspiration is obviously there.

I will add to the list here, but first the products that should still be in the market:

3 Finger gloves: This is still one product that should be in the market, especially for kids. Anybody under the age of 7 should use these. Much more control of their stick. I personally loved it on my bottom hand (hated on my top hand). Also, I think a goalie company should have a three finger blocker...

PRT replacement blades - These blade were a bit heavier, but they were great for hockey. They lasted forever, and still gave the wood feel.

Metamorphic Shaped shafts (i.e. thin Dangler) - These just felt great in your hand

DNA Lacing (non plastic - the first generation) - The 1st generation DNA lacing worked incredible. The fit and wrap you could get around your foot will never be matched by traditional eyelets. The plastic one sucks...We know that...

Mission's EPP Shin Guards - Yes they were a bit wide, but they were so light an so protective. Just needed a better graphic package.

Carbster - But it only looked good in Medium/Large size. If you were any other size it looked awful)

Now for the products that sucked:

Offset hosel replacement blades - These ones were awful...Looked like a golf putter

Power Plug - This was the weird thing you would put in the Butt end of your stick.

Drive Shaft on Blade Holders - The main reason Mission Steel broke back in the day

Mission 50 Helmet - UGLY

Plastic DNA Strands - Enough Said

688 bearings - concept is great, but wheels weren't

I could go on and on....

I really really like the Metamorphic shafts. I'm hoping I can get into some tapered pro radius tps shafts

I always thought the prt blades looked great but never found any in my specs

688 bearings I like, never broke a wheel hub like I hear of happening all the time

I don't know if they did exactly... I think they marketed it for 2 years and moved on. Check their site, it might still be listed as a feature...

Nevermind, they don't mention anything about it all. Weird.

i know the $400+ softball bat has the cnt stuff in it as a selling point lol

edit: come to think of it, i think rbk/ccm discovered carbon nano tech, i mean the u+ cl and rbk 10k this year are just crazy light

+1 on the thermablade shit, they disappeared real fast.

Well, would you pay that much for something that doesnt work?

Also, cnt was supposed to make the sticks stronger yet still play light, seems like it did just that. Why scrap it? I saw they were using it in there bats and bike components too (road bikes), any word on if they still are?

I don't know about the short ST blades, but the red ones had pretty good feel and were incredibly durable.