Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

What are you talking about? The kids got the toys. That was the whole point.

And I've been rockin' a pro S9 helmet since February because of it. Win/win.

Donate $75 (or $85, can't recall) MSRP of electronic toys to Easton, who in turn passed them on to children in need at Christmas, and Easton would send you an S17 of your choice (up to 2 sticks). First bunch of donations (how many, I don't remember) also got S9 helmets of their choosing.

Fantastic idea, and worked out well for the most part, with the exception of some (all?) Canadians.

Easton ST short hosel blades

these blades + ultra lite shaft = money

i have 5 of them sitting around. just need to get some shafts and im set.

A few more, some that I'm not sure about:

Tuuk V2 blades.

Kor skates, maybe (?): good product, but tough competition and the marketing strategy didn't work out.

CAG-1 auto skate sharpener and profiler (?).

Bauer Tri-Flex OPS.

Bauer Vapor shafts.

Busch graphite OPS (?)

Winn-well long cuff gloves (?)

Attack triangle

Hockey stride weight machine (don't recall the name) with 45-degree angled sliders, looked like a nautilus machine.

only in north america.. in siwtzerland its the best selling stick.. for obvious reasons

The motivation behind a charitable donation doesnt matter, as long as it benefits the ones in need. If you think that makes someone a loser, or that they have their priorities messed up, well.....I can only ask what the weather is like way up there on that pedestal.

Charity is Charity from the viewpoint of the needy.

Fly puck

Phat puck

soon to be Easton Motion pants

On that note - SmartHockey Stickhandling balls?

I know every shop seems to have tons, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone actually buying or using one.

Fly puck

Phat puck

I know every shop seems to have tons, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone actually buying or using one.

Just about every kid around here has at least one.

Fly puck

Phat puck

we sell one or two a week.

People should be called out when making such a post.
Please don't let the toy drive motivation argument get started again.

I disagree. People usually have side motivations when donating to charity. Publicity, tax write-offs, etc. Those other motivations are facts of life, and shouldnt be judged. Purely altruistic and anonymous donations are rare. If someone doesnt have enough money to donate, but can if they can justify it by offsetting the cost with the stick, then it is good for everybody. It seems Easton did the donating and real charity....but dont think for an instant that they didnt have ulterior motives too. Product visibility, corporate good-will, and you can be damn sure they took the write-off on their taxes. Some had the $85 go to charity that would never have had the inclination or funds to donate. Ulterior motives are everywhere, but you need to look at the positives (and I dont see any negatives in this case) that kids got toys. Apologies if I started up an old arguement. Wont bring it up or respond again.

Just my two cents.

Fly puck

Phat puck

I have one. They work great on tile or linoleum, but they're crappy on carpet.

ice wheels I believe they were called, had disks running around the whole wheel that would rotate and allow an "ice stop"

the inline wheels with tread pattern on them

quickchange products

What were those...Live Action wheels?

Here's one - CCM Revolver chassis. We knew how to make those things disengage with one flick of the stick.

Ahh, you got it JR! I mentioned those Revolver Chassis back in the thread I just couldn't remember the name of them.

Hop in the way-back machine and have a look! Revolver Chassis

Fly puck

Phat puck

We've been selling them for 6 yrs. They sell great, not a bust for sure. I'd guess and say we sold approx 1000.

Now Oggie grips.... that's a bust. But we also must take into account that some things sell better in different parts of the country.

Here's one - CCM Revolver chassis. We knew how to make those things disengage with one flick of the stick.

Ahh, you got it JR! I mentioned those Revolver Chassis back in the thread I just couldn't remember the name of them.

Looks somewhat Sprung-ish.

Fly puck

Phat puck

We've been selling them for 6 yrs. They sell great, not a bust for sure. I'd guess and say we sold approx 1000.

Now Oggie grips.... that's a bust. But we also must take into account that some things sell better in different parts of the country.

Agreed. Nearly everyone here has or has had a smarthockey ball or 5-6 of them. I've never seen an oggie grip.

Looks somewhat Sprung-ish.

Eh, not really, except for maybe they way they are rockered. The idea was that you could rotate your wheels with less work. Just flip off the chassis, and you're good to go. You could only change front to back and left to right. Actually, when I think about it now it was really clever engineering, but a crappy idea in practice.

I spent 20 minutes looking for a picture of these or the actual name, but couldn't find one. When I checked the thread again, JR had posted it. My friend had these a pair of Tacks inline that came with these. I thought he was the luckiest kid ever. When the chassis started falling off in the middle of every game, he replaced them with those white nike federov skates. ...rich kids...