Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgoblue

Biggest Busts

He's on this board although I imagine not a lot.

From what hes told me they plan on doing a custom program but right now they are busy with the pros. There will be multiple flexes available. It seems that they are trying to fix the issues that had me steer clear. So, in my opinion, at this point... you cannot call them a bust.

You forget about CoreBeam, which was started in 2001. :)

You mean the Koho Corebeam? I thought that was the replacement to the Revolution DRC shaft, which was like 98'ish? could be completely wrong though

There was no actual replacement for the Revolution DRC shaft. Corelights and Corebeams came later, but the Revolution was the same as the previous Vector DRC shafts.

I'm in with TBL- Joe needs to make a few more styles of the Oggie to get me on one. The classic is too thin and the ergo is too radical. I emailed him via the site with some questions and have yet to hear back. If he made a classic that had ribs instead of X's, a knob that could be sanded to proper size and was uniformly thick from the shaft to the knob (save the raised ribs), I would have 5 or 6 probably.

That would be fantastic. A flexible grip with a rubber wall that is slightly thinner than your average one-piece...tape whatever butt end you want. Make 4" and 6" versions...I'd love that.

I find it ironic that this board of gear whores is even interested in a pre-fab butt end! One of the essential core joys of owning the hockey stick is taping the blade and making your own personalized customized butt end! A pre-fab butt end? Patooey!!

...which is why I have been suggesting to him to simply make an extension of the stick. Keep it square and straight, without a butt end. That way, the player can choose to tape it in whatever fashion they desier.

...which is why I have been suggesting to him to simply make an extension of the stick. Keep it square and straight, without a butt end. That way, the player can choose to tape it in whatever fashion they desier.

Exactly what I want, preferably in white.

I'm in with TBL- Joe needs to make a few more styles of the Oggie to get me on one. The classic is too thin and the ergo is too radical. I emailed him via the site with some questions and have yet to hear back. If he made a classic that had ribs instead of X's, a knob that could be sanded to proper size and was uniformly thick from the shaft to the knob (save the raised ribs), I would have 5 or 6 probably.

Have you tried the Ergo? Conceptually, it's a radical departure for most players, but ask them to hold an Ergo in one hand and a Classic in the other, and most prefer the Ergo. When I sold the grips in my eBay store, about 90% were Ergos; Joe says they've had similar results.

Interesting idea, JR. I never heard you mention it before, but then I never set up squatters' rights at the Oggie Booth..... :D

I didn't either. That was Chadd.

Interesting idea, JR. I never heard you mention it before, but then I never set up squatters' rights at the Oggie Booth..... :D

We've been telling Joe that for a couple years. At least he started doing foam in rolls instead of just all the shapes.

I find it ironic that this board of gear whores is even interested in a pre-fab butt end! One of the essential core joys of owning the hockey stick is taping the blade and making your own personalized customized butt end! A pre-fab butt end? Patooey!!

What I described is what I make. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/rust...ar/IMG_0871.jpg

I play around with the knob size, but they're all about 6" long, the rib goes on the bare shaft and a single layer covers it, essentially making a thicker grip, especially since I hold the knob with my pinkie. Say it comes with a Drewhunz/Nik Lisdtrom size knob that you can sand down to your size. I'd still be interested in not having to tape the grip, avoid the glove wear.

Jason- I've held an ergo, not on a stick though. I hold the stick with my pinkie right at the end, the ergo's slight curve just felt too weird.

I think the Canadians didn't get their sticks.

i got mine...but i JUST got them about 3 weeks ago, it did take a call to easton, but they were great in handling the situation and he got me my sticks up in canada. i know a few other canadians got them as well.

I know this is getting a little off topic here, but has anyone tried cutting an Oggie with an exacta knife? If you could cut the rubber shapes and big square (where it joins the shaft) it should feel more like a standard shaft/but end.

I know this is getting a little off topic here, but has anyone tried cutting an Oggie with an exacta knife? If you could cut the rubber shapes and big square (where it joins the shaft) it should feel more like a standard shaft/but end.

It "Isn't recommended."

The Ergo certainly feels different when you pick it up off of the rack......but once in a game I don't notice it at all. Feels great to me. And I love the butt end as it never interferes with my top hand (I typically use no butt end) yet I am now much more aggressive with my poke checks.