Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Finally got my life headed in the right direction after a long struggle with a lot of things. Got a nice girl a good hockey club a brand new fresh school start and my nephew is finally starting to get healthier.

Finally got my life headed in the right direction after a long struggle with a lot of things. Got a nice girl a good hockey club a brand new fresh school start and my nephew is finally starting to get healthier. Ahhh the good life :)

Finally got my life headed in the right direction after a long struggle with a lot of things. Got a nice girl a good hockey club a brand new fresh school start and my nephew is finally starting to get healthier. Ahhh the good life :)

Give the school a little more focus. Commas are your friend.

Give the school a little more focus. Commas are your friend.

I knew someone was going to rip on me for that. Oh well.

On another note I have the coolest AP English teacher ever now that the old one quit.

Define irony.

Define asshole.

It's a forum, leave him be.

Agreed. It's a forum, quit being the damn comma grammar nazi chippa because no one cares

I care, as I believe the butchering of our language is one of the biggest problems in the US that can be corrected with minimal effort.

If a child purposefully stole $420 from his parents it is not ironic to buy marijuana with that money.

In the spirit of the thread; awesome lightning storm off the coast of Lake Superior this evening. Don't usually get a show with my beer on the deck.

I do get your point about butchering the English language, but I really don't see a complete necessity to grammar check every single post I make especially late at night before a pretty stressful day. I do agree with your philosophy but then chippa didn't have to be an Asshole about it.

We can get back on topic or we can start with suspensions.

Define irony.

Define asshole.

It's a forum, leave him be.

Agreed. It's a forum, quit being the damn comma grammar nazi chippa because no one cares

I suggest avoiding the personal attacks

I do get your point about butchering the English language, but I really don't see a complete necessity to grammar check every single post I make especially late at night before a pretty stressful day. I do agree with your philosophy but then chippa didn't have to be an Asshole about it.

You don't have to appreciate his methods but you can learn from things like that. It may end up helping you later in life. In any case that would be far more positive and productive than complaining.

Just received my two Carver Amps to redo my home theater system. :)

Carver TFM - 35x, 250 watts per channel to my Polk Rti A9's

Carver AV - 634, 60 watts to each of the Polk Rti A3 surrounds, and 120 watts bridged to the Polk Csi A6

Needless to say, powering all of this before with a theoretical 100 watts per channel out of an Onkyo Receiver wasn't doing these justice. At "only 60" watts (high current though) going to the surrounds they really woke up, and the Main Rti A9's hit harder than they ever did before.

Might be posting later in "The Venting Spot" when I get the Police at my front door for disturbing the peace. ;)

And now.....to watch a movie with loud and obnoxious explosions.

Very nice. I've debated over getting tubes instead of my Denon AVR to power my Klipsch stuff. The problem is the good amps are expensive and the wife would shoot me. Interesting fact that we share some common interests; biking, A/V, and hockey. If you also shared one other passion you could have a MAK-90 ready for when the cops arrive, lol! :o

Just received my two Carver Amps to redo my home theater system. :)

Carver TFM - 35x, 250 watts per channel to my Polk Rti A9's

Carver AV - 634, 60 watts to each of the Polk Rti A3 surrounds, and 120 watts bridged to the Polk Csi A6

Needless to say, powering all of this before with a theoretical 100 watts per channel out of an Onkyo Receiver wasn't doing these justice. At "only 60" watts (high current though) going to the surrounds they really woke up, and the Main Rti A9's hit harder than they ever did before.

Might be posting later in "The Venting Spot" when I get the Police at my front door for disturbing the peace. ;)

And now.....to watch a movie with loud and obnoxious explosions.

Very nice. I've debated over getting tubes instead of my Denon AVR to power my Klipsch stuff. The problem is the good amps are expensive and the wife would shoot me. Interesting fact that we share some common interests; biking, A/V, and hockey. If you also shared one other passion you could have a MAK-90 ready for when the cops arrive, lol! :o

I looked at getting a classic tube amp, but when compared to the quality and current pricing of the Carver materials on Ebay.....I simply couldn't pass them up. The TFM was $320 on e bay. WOO HOO!!! Understandably Carver is out of business, but you loose a capacitor or a resistor due to the age of the equipment....10 minutes with a soldering iron and you are up and running again with a fantastic amplifier.

If a child purposefully stole $420 from his parents it is not ironic to buy marijuana with that money.

How is it not ironic? 420 stands for the 20th of April, the unofficial day for marijuana. Not only that, but the amount of money he stole to buy pot, for you to not see the irony is almost as stupid as the kid himself.

On a side note, my dads heart surgery came along great, pretty happy for him. Its his birthday today and I got my license. Looks like a good day so far.

Edited by Leafsrule16

How is it not ironic? 420 stands for the 20th of April, the unofficial day for marijuana. Not only that, but the amount of money he stole to buy pot, for you to not see the irony is almost as stupid as the kid himself.

On a side note, my dads heart surgery came along great, pretty happy for him. Its his birthday today and I got my license. Looks like a good day so far.

Congratulations on your license, and good to hear about someone getting better. Just heard about ebondo's dad with possible appendicitis. Congratulations again, leafsrule

This will be my only post on what has apparently stirred up a hornets' nest of vitriol. I made a quick joke about someone who was looking on the plus side of a school situation (nothing wrong with that, it is good to see someone actually excited about learning) while omitting several commas from said post. Then, when the same person was all gung ho about his new AP English teacher, well, that just creates a humorous situation where hilarity and hijinks ensue.

Apparently, my yen for finding the lighter side of things in this life offends the sensibilities of some around these parts. For that I do not apologize. I have joked about things and will continue to do so. Obviously, they can't all be gems but there is nothing mean spirited behind what I am typing. Please, don't take these things so personally, ladies and gentlemen, it will help us all get along that much better.

Good day.

...and the reason chippa asked for the definition of "irony" comes out fully. We'll use a simple one - incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs - after reading that please don't call me stupid. And yes, I'm fully aware of 420, 4:20, and April 20th and what it means to potheads.

We'll give you a quick example of irony; The head of a major anti-drug campaign is arrested for possession. The person who is the last one expected to have and use drugs is implicated in doing exactly that, how ironic.

I told you to stop. Three days off and warning level raised.

Ending up at a sorority and calling it a morning at four surrounded by three attractive females, and still making it to calc four hours later.

Got to hang out with my brother for what will probably be the last time before he goes to Coast Guard boot camp in New Jersey and then starts a 6 year tour in the Virginia/New Jersey/Maryland era. Definitely bittersweet, but I'm happy for him and his future.

Got my GCSE results the other day. All B's except for an A in ICT. Which means I get back into school, and university plans are all looking good. Also the subjects I chose line up perfectly with two of my best friends, which means I should have good free periods, bring on Tuesday.

just got back to the apartment from a 2 week long 4-a-day training camp.....about to take the longest bath of my life. very happy for it to be over with to say the least