Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, badger_14 said:

With approval of the physical therapist, I got back to the ice today for about a half hour and took a few shots.  Felt surprisingly good for not having skated in 4 months, though my stamina is absolute pants. 

Great news! When I went 6 or so months after surgery to skate it was so awesome just to be on the ice again and then absolutely humbling realizing how out of shape you are, ha!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the_game said:

Great news! When I went 6 or so months after surgery to skate it was so awesome just to be on the ice again and then absolutely humbling realizing how out of shape you are, ha!

I moved pretty well but my body is not used to skating AT ALL, nevermind in gear.  Swimming 3600m in a workout means NOTHING to the ice gods, apparently. At least I remembered how to get dressed... 

• Haha 1

We won our last game. I scored on a sweet pass. 

One of our defensemen was farting up a storm afterwards in the locker room. Fortunately, I was on the opposite side of the locker room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally successfully played in one (1) game last night! Exhausting, but no pain, and not really as bad as it could've been given I haven't played in a game for nearly 6 months.  I had selected what was listed as a novice/D skate, which of course it wasn't (more C/mixed), did alright, still feel ok this morning. Cautiously optimistic about returning to Saturday hockey with the nerds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlt73 said:

my daughter was born on Wednesday, March 11 at 12:32 pm. 

47548BEC-14BA-48F1-A4A2-B32E5C38854B.jpeg

Pretty much the pinnacle of the sweet spot!  Congratulations, she’s beautiful!

• Like 1

Skated @ a S&P on Friday with both kids.  Played at our private drop in with one today.  The S&P was like 7 skaters, was totally no worries.  Today, 9 a side, felt so awesome to get out again, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t/doesn’t put a little worry in my head.  

Our numbers have not been great, in fact had some of our biggest numbers over the past 5 days.

Though, it was so good to be out and felt normal....relatively & having some normalcy was awesome.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EJB said:

Skated @ a S&P on Friday with both kids.  Played at our private drop in with one today.  The S&P was like 7 skaters, was totally no worries.  Today, 9 a side, felt so awesome to get out again, but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t/doesn’t put a little worry in my head.  

Our numbers have not been great, in fact had some of our biggest numbers over the past 5 days.

Though, it was so good to be out and felt normal....relatively & having some normalcy was awesome.

Definitely my concern to when we open up here in the Greater Philadelphia area: unnecessary exposure. I just hope that everyone else did/does their part and stay healthy. I look forward to playing hockey (hopefully) soon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Definitely my concern to when we open up here in the Greater Philadelphia area: unnecessary exposure. I just hope that everyone else did/does their part and stay healthy. I look forward to playing hockey (hopefully) soon.

It was kinda nuts.  I almost dumped late, due to our recent numbers.  Everyone on bench kinda stayed 2-3’ away, But you just know, someone is asymptotic, we’re all kinda F’d.  On ice, it was just ice.  
It’s all kinda nuts...  Wouldn’t be so worrisome, if 34%, weren’t asymptotic.  Great drop in, years with these cats, so nobody is coming questionable, but I could have it as I type and not know?

It was awesome though....

• Like 1

I’ve been saving up for months for new goalie pads. Due to a combination of coronavirus, local rinks permanently closing, and being kicked off my team I’ve decided it was time to invest in a new hobby, instead of buying hockey gear I’ll never see much use out of.

Welcome to the team, Rocket! 🚀

EAAA71A1-6490-4240-B9F2-20F48F6AF5D6.thumb.png.656ee01c49a06f7d9d0ad36651781ab2.png

I’m so pumped, but at the same time definitely going to miss hockey. I’ll still have my gear for now, but if it doesn’t see much use in the next 6 months or so I may try to just sell it all. 

• Like 2

It took the better part of a decade of dreading going to work every day, but we finally made the leap of faith into a new career for myself, and it is delightful.

• Like 13

On 9/20/2020 at 6:55 AM, JoeyJ0506 said:

It took the better part of a decade of dreading going to work every day, but we finally made the leap of faith into a new career for myself, and it is delightful.

That's awesome. Good luck on your next adventures.

Did it years ago, left teaching in NYC public schools (absolute disaster) to run a bookbinding business. Just sold the business and moved out to Phoenix AZ to take a new teaching job and I love it

• Like 2

Just picked up a brand new pair of 20K skates for $50 CAD.  Thankfully my wife tolerates my skate habit. I feel like the Imelda Marcos of skates!

• Like 1

After covid made my current position pretty much obsolete since fans haven’t been able to attend sporting events, I accepted a job offer yesterday after being on the hunt since the summer basically. 

it’s an entirely different industry to what I’ve been in, but it’s giving me a great pay and benefits package, and as someone who’s turning 30 this year, those things become more and more appealing hah 

• Like 7

As many of you know I had some significant heart issues this year. Three procedures leading to 5 stents. It took a bit but I’ve been really doing well now and am back on the ice and feeling great.  Now today got more good news.  Sonogram showed the blockages of my carotid artery dropped from 20% to 10%.  Can apply that same 50% drop to the arteries feeding my heart.  So happy the dietary changes and meds have worked. I feel like I’ve got my life back!!

• Like 12