Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Anyone know if the old runners will fit on the new holders yet?

They will not. Hole position for the steel is different than the current steel.

The reps are probably starting to push the new holders to pros now that the rivet pattern makes for an easier swap to TUUKs if they decide to go that route.

Or get Bauer/Easton skate wearers to switch to it.

It just makes everything easy, having everyone on an industry standard.

It is the reps job to get players in their skate, first and foremost. CCM/Reebok has had this problem for years (getting pro players in their skates) and they should concentrate on that before worrying about their holders.

And for the guys in their skates, they are probably pushing them to give the CCM holders a shot. I didn't mean that the reps are just running around trying to get the new holders on everybody's skates. They are trying to get their guys using their holders rather than seeing a competitor's holder under their skate.

Not a "true" gear sighting, but the Penguins' equipment manager has a Twitter account and posts a fair amount of interesting photos of/tidbits regarding the team's gear on gamedays. Had a chance to meet him a year or so ago, and he seems like a great guy as well. He's @RealDanaHeinze if anyone's interested.

2280908_G.jpg

460x.jpg

What Grafs does Stas wear? They look like the older models? Idk im not a big graf guy they all look similar to me. Thinking of getting some grafs as a friend of mine swears by them and says I have to give them a chance. These look about my style.

Now he's drinking from a Gatorade bottle OMG!

I guess you prefer I just have random conversations in the GEAR SIGHTINGS thread like what mostly goes on...

I guess you prefer I just have random conversations in the GEAR SIGHTINGS thread like what mostly goes on...

We've all seen Nexus and T1 sticks before. We (should) all know guys swap out different brands/models with some regularity. I was always under the impression that this thread was more for sightings of new/different /modified gear, not breathlessly posting what stick "X" player is using shift to shift.

We've all seen Nexus and T1 sticks before. We (should) all know guys swap out different brands/models with some regularity. I was always under the impression that this thread was more for sightings of new/different /modified gear, not breathlessly posting what stick "X" player is using shift to shift.

While I agree with what you have said, this thread hasn't gone that way. In this case Malkin has been using Easton sticks for quite some time and now he's trying Bauer again. I thought that was noteworth.

While I agree with what you have said, this thread hasn't gone that way. In this case Malkin has been using Easton sticks for quite some time and now he's trying Bauer again. I thought that was noteworth.

agreed, but lets just all make better use of that "Edit" button..... or in mods case, delete button? :D

also, thought i saw neal using a first gen mako yesterday vs leafs?

Got to play around a little with the CCM RBZ Stage 2 stick at the expo yesterday, I thought that the feel was better than the original and it was a little less blade heavy in the short time I used it. Still shot great, just like I expected and they had a sign that said Summer 2013 so I assume that is the release date.

Saw Logan Couture using this all black stick last night with a small easton logo in white. Not sure what it was, looked sick though.

Black looks good but the whole all black vs all white gets overplayed. I guess I'm more of a rare breed when it comes to sticks. Just make the bottom darker and put your standard decals all up the sides

Hey thats cool! Would love to see any photos if you have that or more specs on the stick! Cheers

I should've taken pics but that didn't occur to me at the time. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly) they wouldn't tell me anything about the stick except for that the improved the speedblade tech....not very helpful