Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Most recent picture that I could find has Malkin with a Nexus stick. Have to keep an eye out during todays game.

you'll have to wait on that. Malkin's been on the shelf for a week now and not expected back for a few more days.

Where the heck have I been. Explains why I couldnt find a recent picture. Thanks bud.

you'll have to wait on that. Malkin's been on the shelf for a week now and not expected back for a few more days.

Most recent picture that I could find has Malkin with a Nexus stick. Have to keep an eye out during todays game.

Yeah he was def using a Nexus prior to his injury.

Not a sighting, but Darren Rovell, formerly of CNBC and currently with ESPN, tweeted the release video of the Easton Mako, stating it was an $800 skate. Rovell is the foremost voice in the business of sports, so getting his attention is a big deal for Easton. I'm curious though, because his tweet reads: "Easton unveils its Mako skates. Costs $800 a pair" if he realizes that $800 skates have been present on the market for a handful of years. (Was the One95 an $800 skate or was the TotalOne the first?)
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell

Not a sighting, but Darren Rovell, formerly of CNBC and currently with ESPN, tweeted the release video of the Easton Mako, stating it was an $800 skate. Rovell is the foremost voice in the business of sports, so getting his attention is a big deal for Easton. I'm curious though, because his tweet reads: "Easton unveils its Mako skates. Costs $800 a pair" if he realizes that $800 skates have been present on the market for a handful of years. (Was the One95 an $800 skate or was the TotalOne the first?)

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell

I think TotalOnes retailed at $875. I remember when guys were first using them in before they hit the shelves thinking ''Man, pro returns of these will be 1/3 of the price in a year''.

The ribbed bottom of sticks have been around for awhile. Talbot had one that you could see on the Philly 24/7. I thought it was a pro only option but I suppose it could eventually end up at retail.

The ribbed bottom of sticks have been around for awhile. Talbot had one that you could see on the Philly 24/7. I thought it was a pro only option but I suppose it could eventually end up at retail.

I think it's called Ribcor(sp?) and should be the next mid kick AI type replacement (that's a guess as the product lifespan of CCM/Reebok seems to be 2 years)

Yeah this is the tech of the new Ribcore stick Reebok is releasing. Reeboks facebook page linked a few pictures, one being a 20k and the other Talbots CCM. The 3rd picture was of the bottom 1/3 of a unknown stick, might be the graphic for the new model....

I think it's called Ribcor(sp?) and should be the next mid kick AI type replacement (that's a guess as the product lifespan of CCM/Reebok seems to be 2 years)

Not an in-game find, but I found this ribbed 20K at a local store. Pretty sweet.

20kribbed.jpg

Anybody remember the Koho Core Beam shaft back in the 90's? Jagr used one for a couple years.

Yep. It was red or yellow on top right?

Yep...and 2 weeks ago or so when I posted about Gino using a Nexus and a Total One I was basically accused of wasting internet space.

He switched during The Leafs game. Started with the "RS" switched to a Nexus, and got hurt using a Total One.

Yep...and 2 weeks ago or so when I posted about Gino using a Nexus and a Total One I was basically accused of wasting internet space.

He switched during The Leafs game. Started with the "RS" switched to a Nexus, and got hurt using a Total One.

Yeah it seems some people are annoyed by posts indicating players just switching brands and I know as you know with him he switches like crazy. Not that he was in much of a slump but he's obviously not satisfied with his production we can assume.

Anybody remember the Koho Core Beam shaft back in the 90's? Jagr used one for a couple years.

I do, I used one for years. I generally switched between it and its brother the CoreLight, which was a similar shaft without the beam in the middle. Man did I love those shafts, I stocked up when they were discontinued and used them till I switched over to the original SyNergy.