Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

Easton and Mission also accommodated Smyth Gretzky obsession.

73358189.jpg

RyanSmyth_display_image.jpg?1287755114

He also wears this.. (And I thought people here we crazy about their gear.)

1297361814015_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Same thing with the silver tip and long cuffs...his Gretzky obsession.

Don't forget his Super Custom Pants ... like Gretz. I have a pair of his Hespeler gloves and Warrior Gloves, obsession may not be the word.

Blade is composite painted to look like wood from his request - "suits his eye better". We'll do anything to not have to supply him wood blades anymore HA!

I'd be interesting in seeing a picture of his Hespeler gloves, Miseaujeu, if you have the time.

Starting to wonder who looks more ridiculous...

Ryan Smyth and his "Gretzky" obsession or all you guys buying up pro stock sticks, gloves, jerseys and gear wanting to look like pros. :facepalm:

I'm glad you said that, I cringe sometimes going through "Show it Off", and then wait to read a story about a Single White Hockey Player.

Starting to wonder who looks more ridiculous...

Ryan Smyth and his "Gretzky" obsession or all you guys buying up pro stock sticks, gloves, jerseys and gear wanting to look like pros. :facepalm:

I am the most ridiculous...

I custom-ordered gloves (and also used a white shaft/wood blade) to somewhat resemble Ryan Smyths, which obviously resemble Gretzky... So I copied the copier of the original.... Yeah baby. I'm a winner....

Haha.

Starting to wonder who looks more ridiculous... all you guys buying up pro stock sticks

In the last year I have bought 4 Prostock sticks on Ebay. One Tim Connolly Total One NEW, two Tim Connolly Easton's that were repainted to RS Stealth NEW, one Bauer Supreme one95 with the name JONES on it Slightly USED. Total price for all 4 $330.00. Retail on these is somewhere just south of $1,000. Thats why I buy prostock sticks .

In the last year I have bought 4 Prostock sticks on Ebay. One Tim Connolly Total One NEW, two Tim Connolly Easton's that were repainted to RS Stealth NEW, one Bauer Supreme one95 with the name JONES on it Slightly USED. Total price for all 4 $330.00. Retail on these is somewhere just south of $1,000. Thats why I buy prostock sticks .

Same here. I can get new pro stock sticks at the Sharks end-of-season equipment sale for $75-$100 each. I never buy retail sticks anymore.

Of all the companies, how in the world did Hespeler land twilight-years Gretzky in gloves/sticks/pants?

Didn't Gretzky have a financial interest (owner or partner) in Hespeler at the time he was using their products?

Of all the companies, how in the world did Hespeler land twilight-years Gretzky in gloves/sticks/pants?

$$$$$$$$

And what does your comment about "we'll do anything to not have to supply him wood blades anymore HA" have to say about the shit ACM is/was making? LOL I'm surprised you guys didn't take his blade overseas and have a shitload of bamboo replacement blades made for him at $2-3 a piece. Would be a far better blade than ACM was making you, lighter weight and far more durable.

As always, your between the lines literacy is second to none...

That project was codenamed: PandaBlade...it is now extinct.

Saw CCM's next "Crazy Light line" sticks (CL Pro & CL 500) in this picture on their Facebook page from Pohjola-Camps 2013 tournament in Finland.

734384_10150300503649945_1409855536_n.jp

Also in a russian video on Youtube:

Looks very nice, can't wait to learn about the features! :P

Was going through some pics from tonight's leaf game and noticed the new CCM holders on Zibanejad's 20K's

Mika+Zibanejad+Ottawa+Senators+v+Toronto

Perron also moved away from the custom+ for the new CCM holder

Was going through some pics from tonight's leaf game and noticed the new CCM holders on Zibanejad's 20K's

It has to be the 4mm difference :rolleyes:

The reps are probably starting to push the new holders to pros now that the rivet pattern makes for an easier swap to TUUKs if they decide to go that route.

The reps are probably starting to push the new holders to pros now that the rivet pattern makes for an easier swap to TUUKs if they decide to go that route.

Am I right to assume that "rivet pattern" is the location and diameter of the holes in the outsole of the skate and that the new CCM holder can now be swapped with TUUKs (LS2) without drilling additional holes? Or is a "rivet pattern" e.g. a metal plate as a kind of stencil to help you position the new holes correctly? I am sorry, English isn't my first language and the term is ambiguous to me.

Am I right to assume that "rivet pattern" is the location and diameter of the holes in the outsole of the skate and that the new CCM holder can now be swapped with TUUKs (LS2) without drilling additional holes? Or is a "rivet pattern" e.g. a metal plate as a kind of stencil to help you position the new holes correctly? I am sorry, English isn't my first language and the term is ambiguous to me.

Rivet pattern is the pattern the holes are in. You'll be able to swap between the two without drilling, yes.