Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Just don't bitch when you try to warranty them and you're denied.

Going the store route is much safer.

What warrantee? I've been trying to get my warrantee claim through for 3 weeks.

It hasn't been denied just not acknowledged.

16 min each skate in the oven, 8 is not enough. Where do you guys get this misinformation?

Speaking of misinformation, Easton is printing 10 on the box now and says 16 is not needed.

What warrantee? I've been trying to get my warrantee claim through for 3 weeks.

It hasn't been denied just not acknowledged.

Don't be telling me this now... i've heard Easton has always been atrocious when it came to warranty claims. It's the main reason the major LHS in my area stopped carrying Easton equipment.

16 min each skate in the oven, 8 is not enough. Where do you guys get this misinformation?

I put both skates in at the same time for 13min. Flipped them at the 6.5min mark. Didn't know whether to follow the MLX instructions or the Easton ones so i went with 13. Seems to have done the job.

Didn't know whether to follow the MLX instructions or the Easton ones so i went with 13. Seems to have done the job.

They're Easton skates, why wouldn't you follow their instructions?

Speaking of misinformation, Easton is printing 10 on the box now and says 16 is not needed.

I specifically asked them about the reduction and they said it was just to make it easier on the stores.

For the record, the box my skates came in that the rep had said 16 minutes.

The first boxes said 16, they now say ten. I have one of each.

I specifically asked them about the reduction and they said it was just to make it easier on the stores.

They would not have done so if 16 minutes was required.

The hot air in the store is so much better than at home...As long as you follow the temp/time you're fine.

Doing it at a store protects you should something not go right. If you do it at home and the skate fails, who can you go back to?

As for folks' comments about Easton warranty service, I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Doing it at a store protects you should something not go right. If you do it at home and the skate fails, who can you go back to?

As for folks' comments about Easton warranty service, I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I agree with you totally on both. Easton is tops in both in warranty and out of warranty service. Unless someone is trying to scam them, they really go out of their way to please their customers.

I'm certainly not scamming. My left tendon guard came off 2nd skate. The screw and screw holder were completely stripped. The boot is delaminating on the bottom. I purchased in store and did not home bake

Thus far I've submitted claims on multiple occasions. Each time there is no record and the person I last spoke with is unavailable.

My requests to speak with a supervisor result in being told no one is available. No calls have been returned. Today marks 30 days of trying.

The first boxes said 16, they now say ten. I have one of each.

They would not have done so if 16 minutes was required.

16min probably just gives you a better bake compared to 10min. They wouldn't have printed 16 if it was going to somehow ruin the boot. Surely, they had tested this out well before releasing the skate?

As anyone that bakes anything on a regular basis should attest to there's always room for error.

16min probably just gives you a better bake compared to 10min. They wouldn't have printed 16 if it was going to somehow ruin the boot. Surely, they had tested this out well before releasing the skate?

As anyone that bakes anything on a regular basis should attest to there's always room for error.

I've baked two pair of makos for myself, one at 16 minutes and one at 10. There is zero difference in the molding abilities between those times if you are just taking them out of the oven and putting them on.

I'm certainly not scamming. My left tendon guard came off 2nd skate. The screw and screw holder were completely stripped. The boot is delaminating on the bottom. I purchased in store and did not home bake

Thus far I've submitted claims on multiple occasions. Each time there is no record and the person I last spoke with is unavailable.

My requests to speak with a supervisor result in being told no one is available. No calls have been returned. Today marks 30 days of trying.

I thought that with skates you had to go through your store.

I believe that is correct for anything other than sticks. I contacted them when my Easton girdle had the stitching coming out after only 3 weeks and they sent me to the store. The store was more than helpful in getting a replacement.

In this case the store is 8 hours round trip drive. I asked earlier in the thread how to go about warrantee repair/replacement. JR indicated "call customer service"

Each customer service rep tells me send pictures and fill out a form. From there nothing. I've requested that they confirm receipt, still nothing. My next call I mention who I last spoke with and am told that person isn't working today. It really is too bad because I like the skates.

I didn't demand new skates and expected to send them in for repair.

One customer service rep actually told me that she thought these were no longer in production and that they'd have to determine what to replace them with.

Another told me they are on back order.

I'm probably going to simply find a screw retainer of some type and replace the broken one. A little sewing should work OK. I'll glue down the separating piece and call it an expensive lesson. No more Easton products for me.

what about shipping them back to the store you bought them from and having the store file the claim on your behalf and have them send them in to easton for you

I've baked two pair of makos for myself, one at 16 minutes and one at 10. There is zero difference in the molding abilities between those times if you are just taking them out of the oven and putting them on.

You're probably right.

In this case the store is 8 hours round trip drive. I asked earlier in the thread how to go about warrantee repair/replacement. JR indicated "call customer service"

Each customer service rep tells me send pictures and fill out a form. From there nothing. I've requested that they confirm receipt, still nothing. My next call I mention who I last spoke with and am told that person isn't working today. It really is too bad because I like the skates.

One customer service rep actually told me that she thought these were no longer in production and that they'd have to determine what to replace them with.

I'm probably going to simply find a screw retainer of some type and replace the broken one. A little sewing should work OK. I'll glue down the separating piece and call it an expensive lesson. No more Easton products for me.

Somebody from Easton needs to fix this. It's definitely a terrible example of valuing your customers. MSH has given the Mako a lot of run, so they need to maybe do the right thing here...

• Like 1

Had my first opportunity to skate in the Mako yesterday. Was on the ice for just over 3-hours. I didn't really have to adjust to these since I had Jimmy install LS holders with heel lifts on mine. The skate itself is very comfortable, experiencing no pain for a first skate. My sense is that these skates will break in fairly quickly. I did think that the liner and footbeds were pretty wet with sweat after taking them off. Wetter than the APX liner in my NXG's and my Superfeet footbeds. The skate dried very quickly on a boot dryer as did the footbeds. Once I'm dialed in on these I'll be able to make some performance comparisons to previous skates I have worn.

I'm missing something here, what did the store you bought them from say? Getting a return authorization from Easton for equipment is not difficult. I can usually get one in 1 day, and just replace the item from my stock.

I'm missing something here, what did the store you bought them from say? Getting a return authorization from Easton for equipment is not difficult. I can usually get one in 1 day, and just replace the item from my stock.

We're not accomplishing anything but one last time and we'll end of my explanations. Clearly people think I'm somehow trying to scam Easton.

The day the skates went on sale I took the day off and drove 8 hours round trip to get fitted and purchased skates.

Midway through second session on new skates the tendon guard retaining screw and screw holder broke.

Further examination showed separation of glued materials on bottom of same skate.

Asked in this very thread.. "What is best way to make a warrantee claim.

Response from JR. "Call Easton customer support."

First call to Easton I was told send pictures and fill out warrantee form. Include receipt.

Several days later: Repeat above process.

Several days later repeat above process and ask for confirmation of receipt of pictures and form.

Several days later repeat and ask to speak with supervisor. Told no supervisor available.

Several days later repeat above.

During above discussions told "I'm not sure we make that model any more" told on subsequent call "On back order"

Each discussion included me being asked for a case number. Each time I reply that no one has given me said number.

This is always followed by: "Fill out the form and send pictures"

End result: I'm looking for a new skate that fits like Mako. No more purchases of Easton equipment to include sticks (too bad I like their sticks) for me.

As a side note, this morning I took said skates to the prosthetics lab at work, tapped out the screw holder, heated the area around the screw holder with a heat gun and pulled it back through the leather. Tendon guard now held in place. My prosthetics technician is going to mix a resin to re-glue the separating pieces.

I understand that I'll not get a warrantee claim because of this, but after 30 days and several phone calls to Easton, I've come to the conclusion there will be no resolution.