Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

When you sit and squeeze them in your hand, no, they do not SEEM stiff. Due to the way they are made, they will not seem "stiff" like what we have seen in the past few years, however, they are plenty stiff with your foot in the skate. I would also like to note that the more recent skates have been too stiff for almost everyone, in my opinion of course.

Zach

I couldn't agree more. It seems like more and more elite skaters are skipping one eyelet (even two in the case of Jason Zucker) at the top or next to top of their skates. If skate weight is such an obsession, why is all of this mass being lugged around unnecessarily and with sub-optimal energy transfer.

It's good to hear multiple people with volume issues and no lace bite. Do you guys have volume issues on instep or ankle area (top 4 eyelets)?

Yeah for sure, I only take out the top two laces and completely loosen up the rest all the way down. It is a little bit of minor issue trying to get the laces through so just taking out the first two works for me. Other than that I think after playing a couple of games in them they fit really well. No hot spots and I am surprised how much I flex the tendon guard. Really happy that I saved up for these skates :laugh:

Having some problems with my pair, or more specifically the right skate. The right skate doesn't fit quite as well, but it wasn't a huge deal-until this weekend. I started developing some pretty sharp pain down towards the cap-right below the small toe. It really hit me tonight. I tried to skate but had to leave after about 20 minutes the pain was so bad. I took the skate off and there is a noticeable bump that is really sore. It seems like the skate is a touch too narrow on that side. Is there anything I-or my specifically my LHS can do here?

You can spot heat it with a heat gun and apply outward pressure with your fingers to stretch the problem area, if that doesn't cure it, do the same at LHS with a boot press.

Just to clarify; you were properly sized for them?

You can spot heat it with a heat gun and apply outward pressure with your fingers to stretch the problem area, if that doesn't cure it, do the same at LHS with a boot press.

Just to clarify; you were properly sized for them?

Yes I was. They were also baked. They fit perfectly fine on my left foot. I'll take them in this week and see if they can do something about that specific area on the right skate.

Like some have already said (I just want to agree with their opinions) is to take the skate to a shop and have them punch that section out. It won't take much. I had the exact same problem with a pair of Bauer Vapors. I had been skating in them for about a month then played in a 5-game roller hockey tournament over the weekend. Put my Vapors for the next ice hockey game and had killer pain in that exact spot. So much so that when I would put my skate on I'd grimace and almost couldn't do it. Took the skate into my LHS and had him punch it. Zero pain and it felt so much better.

Edited by hunt3rsean

kduQdh0.jpg

Damn, not gonna lie that looks way way better. what did you use? can you take one from the back? up close? i want to see how good it is.

Edited by DigiV

Should sharpie that orange and black out the whole skate

nah, the orange is fine. i really just have a problem with the heel being silver... i don't know why they decided to do that. i can't imagine the focus group came back positive on that.

It's funny that my friend just showed me this exact picture tonight. Apparently you texted it to him. We have a mutual acquaintance. The skates look awesome by the way.

is he really going to post the pics and not tell us how he did it!?!?

This may be way off, but my best guess is that he used some sort of black permanent marking material. :wink: