Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Awesome... read the whole article and you'll notice he "claims" that he didn't know what he did was illegal (so you almost feel bad - well, almost). But read the whole thing closely and you'll note the reason why he got caught originally had to do with his tampering with the odometer on the car he'd sold (presumably on ebay) where the cops found out he'd inflated the price during their investigation. But.... I'm sure he's innocent of not knowing that shill bidding was illegal.... suuureeeee......

Not even smart enough to use a pal, or a different IP address. Still, it didn't come from a complaint of possible shill bidding; I wonder how hard they investigate that.

Not even smart enough to use a pal, or a different IP address. Still, it didn't come from a complaint of possible shill bidding; I wonder how hard they investigate that.

eBay makes more money when the items sell for more, correct?

3% of $100 or 3% of $150 shill-bidded multiplied through thousands of auctions a day.

Look at the shoulder pads, a bunch of bids from a zero feedback. I reported them last week but clearly nothing happened.

Not only does that bidder have zero feedback, but every bid they've ever placed was on Ziggy's store.

eBay makes more money when the items sell for more, correct?

3% of $100 or 3% of $150 shill-bidded multiplied through thousands of auctions a day.

Weighed against the indeterminate potential loss of revenue due to lack of trust by buyers. Unfortunately, sometimes that factor is required to prove itself before corporate acknowledgement of its existence. Maybe there's an opportunity for a competitive business that can assure the public there won't be shill bidding? That would be great for honest sellers.