Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Why would you spend that much on used twigs period ha? You can buy top-of-the-line sticks for cheaper than that ha.

The best part is that the pin says 'St. Louis.' More than a subtle hint...

They're not "pro stock" gloves as the seller is calling them.

Yep, they've never used that colorway and they appear to be Bully model gloves.

Is this a normal thing? http://www.ebay.com/itm/In-Need-Of-Sponsors-And-Donations-For-Hockey-Player-/270988836954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1831805a

At least the tone is "Help, we need the money." There was a dad on (if I remember correctly) the Warrior facebook page who was asking Warrior to sponsor his kid (to paraphrase: Ask fast - it's either you or Bauer). I thought it was a pretty clever joke until he asked again, and apparently was not joking. The tone there was along the lines of "My kid is so awesome - get in line to give to us." Gross. As you might imagine, the other commenters did not respond well.

Is this a normal thing? http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1831805a

At least the tone is "Help, we need the money." There was a dad on (if I remember correctly) the Warrior facebook page who was asking Warrior to sponsor his kid (to paraphrase: Ask fast - it's either you or Bauer). I thought it was a pretty clever joke until he asked again, and apparently was not joking. The tone there was along the lines of "My kid is so awesome - get in line to give to us." Gross. As you might imagine, the other commenters did not respond well.

$2200? C'mon. Go sell some crap around your house. Go get a night job. You'll make that in a month.

I mean at least post a pic of her son playing hockey.

If he's playing for UW, he doesn't have to worry about hockey equipment. Unless that picture is just for kicks

better question: if the kid is "sponsored" either by suckers on Ebay or by a company like Warrior (as if they'd even do that) wouldn't that blow his amateur status thereby detroying any chance he MIGHT have of playing NCAA? I'm with Harv, $2200 is nothing. get a job at the rink, get a job in your hometown, the kid is 16, he should be working as well.

Unemployment rates have been the highest they've been since the Great Depression in the last several years. It's just now curbing down (but increasing once again). I'd also like to know what part time jobs you all have that pull in $2,200 a month. I'll go apply.

I mean at least post a pic of her son playing hockey.

If he's playing for UW, he doesn't have to worry about hockey equipment. Unless that picture is just for kicks

He's not playing for UW, it's a 16 yr old playing in the state of Wisconsin. Also, not a lot of parents want to put pictures of their kids on the internet.

Pretty much every organization does it because hockey is one of the most expensive sports to play. I don't blame this woman at all.

Unemployment rates have been the highest they've been since the Great Depression in the last several years. It's just now curbing down (but increasing once again). I'd also like to know what part time jobs you all have that pull in $2,200 a month. I'll go apply.

did it say they needed $2200 a month. I don't think so. I schedule the scorekeepers for our local adult league where we pay $17 per game. one of my scorekeepers last month made almost $700 and that's not even the most we've ever paid out in a month. all I'm saying is that there are other ways to get $2200 than asking strangers on Ebay.

This guy needs to give his head a shake, maybe a hard smack against the wall

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item1c2792d826

his prices always start high. if you contact him you can usually negotiate a more reasonable price.

did it say they needed $2200 a month. I don't think so. I schedule the scorekeepers for our local adult league where we pay $17 per game. one of my scorekeepers last month made almost $700 and that's not even the most we've ever paid out in a month. all I'm saying is that there are other ways to get $2200 than asking strangers on Ebay.

It is an one-month auction, so yes, they actually are requesting $2200 for the month.

I personally don't see a problem with it - just a new twist on fundraising, which we all did playing sports as a kid, Beats having car washes and selling crappy chocolate. LOL

I believe that 1 month is the max time you can have this kind of auction for. I'm sure he'll do it again if he doesn't reach his target. on the one hand its definitely a new twist but on the other hand you're not getting anything of value until you've donated $50. at least with the gift wrap and chocolate and fruit and car washes you're getting something. the best thing the guy does is promise to donate some of the cash to Make A Wish.

points for creativity, none for hard work though.

This guy needs to give his head a shake, maybe a hard smack against the wall

http://www.ebay.ca/i...=item1c2792d826

Lol that guy is also selling pants for $350+shipping.

And you wonder why everything is so much more expensive now than it was a couple years ago.

I bought a pair of shins for $30 a few years back that would have him selling them for $150 today.