Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

kane does wear 1X skates as far as switching it prob has to do with breaking in skates or if they feel more comfortable in the skates they been using all year. The 1X skate look sweet thought.

I remember reading in his autobiography that his dad would watch his games on TV and call him and tell him to shorten his sticks.

He did the same with skates as well - would drop down sizes as the season went. Believe he would have to get surgery post-season to uncurl his toes.

I remember reading in his autobiography that his dad would watch his games on TV and call him and tell him to shorten his sticks.

He did the same with skates as well - would drop down sizes as the season went. Believe he would have to get surgery post-season to uncurl his toes.

The toe thing, that's insane. It's like ballet dancers. They beat their feat like none other. But surgery to restraighten toes? How on earth can anyone walk like that?

I'm not sure if he needed surgery but I know that Coffey used to wear skates as much as 2 sizes too small. It was the advent of what some tried to push as the "performance fit".

I also remember reading Eric Heiden also wore skates too small in the '80 olympics to save on weight (maybe just in his pair for the short races). I guess, part of being elite like those guys is just an insane pain threshold anyway.

I also remember reading Coffey eventually gave that up, later in his career, because he was on the verge of needing major corrective surgery.

I'm not sure if he needed surgery but I know that Coffey used to wear skates as much as 2 sizes too small. It was the advent of what some tried to push as the "performance fit".

2 sizes from his shoe, not skate. That just means he was wearing a skate a half size smaller than what he should've been. Suddenly it's not as dramatic.

Try on a pair of skates 2 sizes too small and see how far you get. ;)

I always assumed that had to be the case, 2-sizes down from the right skate size would be impossible/insane.

Not as bad in the "old days", heck, back in '85 I remember telling my dad my skates were feeling tight and when I got sized I had moved up 2.5 sizes.

I feel like this question has been addressed before but I couldn't find it with the search, so here goes..

Do NHL officials (refs/linesmen) pay for their own skates or does the league pay for them? Given how much the skate during a game I would think they go through just as many pairs of skates as a player, though I guess not having practices mitigates that somewhat. Not an earth shattering question, but Im curious.

Marty St Louis using an Easton again

EDIT: deleted question marks after "again"...because obviously, he IS using an Easton again.

Screenshot_2015-02-21-09-37-31.png

League memo to goalies: Please stop smashing sticks off goal posts from this day forward.

... especially when there's another player between your stick and the goal post.