Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

Can you elaborate on the changes? The RBZ is the first skate I have ever worn that has not bothered my feet. I've had others that were good for a 2 hour session, but would start to give some pain. In the RBZs I wear now I have felt great upto 3 hours with no hint of discomfort.

This nails it. It's a much more contoured fit. Granted I tried a 7.5 on and I usually wear 8.5's, you could tell how the fit changed from the previous RBZ. I was wearing the RBZ before moving to Nexus 8000's, and the Jetspeed seemed to be more Supreme-like than RBZ-like. Hoping my CCM rep will let me demo a pair but we'll see. I was very, very impressed with the fit of the Jetspeeds. Something I would definitely wear.

I say Supreme-like moreso as it seems to hug the foot more than the previous RBZ's did, which really seemed like boats.

Neuvirth still in Sabres gear tonight. It doesn't look like theres any rule mandating goal gear matching team colors, I wonder how long he'll stick with these.

Not sure about a rule. They acquired him on a 4 game road trip. I would think even for an NHL goalie custom pads probably take at least 2 days (1 day to make 1 day to ship) then there is break in time. Probably has some pads waiting for him now.

Interesting discussion on the Jetspeed fit. I'm waiting for official CCM training guides and a chance to try them on before evaluating.

Not sure about a rule. They acquired him on a 4 game road trip. I would think even for an NHL goalie custom pads probably take at least 2 days (1 day to make 1 day to ship) then there is break in time. Probably has some pads waiting for him now.

With that simple of a graphic design padskinz would be perfect to finish out the season id think.

Though they'd probably have to order that too.

With that simple of a graphic design padskinz would be perfect to finish out the season id think.

Though they'd probably have to order that too.

Yeah I thought they might do something like that. I know I have read about them on here I just don't know much about them, and if they would hold up on a leg pad from all the sliding a goalie does. I plead ignorance on that.

Noticed over the past few games at M-E Vlasic is wearing some kind of black collar that comes out from under his jersey. Any ideas?

MAV_zpsujbuxjam.png

New Pads take longer than two days for make and ship, but also they have to be sent to and cleared by the NHL before the player gets them. Then they have the break in process and when they are finally comfortable with it they will jump in. Pad Wrap canidate for sure.

Noticed over the past few games at M-E Vlasic is wearing some kind of black collar that comes out from under his jersey. Any ideas?

If it's rigid I would assume protection for a healing neck injury, similar to whal Murray wore last year (or maybe the year before). Or maybe he's a Yashin fan and the neck is just stretched out.

That looks beyond repaired. That is some sort of modification, given its rigid structure. It also has an odd shape.

Zach

Probably a slash/skate guard to keep from getting Matt Cook'd

It looks like the Nash Tendon Guard repair kit. Very similar in appearance to what Bure had on his Vapor 10s.

That looks beyond repaired. That is some sort of modification, given its rigid structure. It also has an odd shape.

Zach

Looks like this product:

$_35.JPG

About the center man's,

He does the taping for guards every ice time...? Needs huge amount of tape and it hinders re-tightening of laces.