Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2014-2015 Gear Sightings

I wonder if they're ending the RBZ line because they're done with the co-branding with Taylor Made?

Jetspeed is an older model Taylormade. They are just a year behind in the branding.

They are good enough to be priced comparably to the big boys. I think as a whole the market on top end sticks has hit its ceiling. It will be interesting to see the actual retail price. Remember, when PH and other big chains are "marking down" closeout sticks that they are showing the original price sometimes as high as $309 so they can claim a 50% savings on a stick that truly only retailed at $260-270.

I don't think they would price them at 300 but I could be wrong. Their brand isn't main stream enough to push them out at that price yet, without having rack fulls come clearance time down the road, if shops even order them in.

I don't think they would price them at 300 but I could be wrong. Their brand isn't main stream enough to push them out at that price yet, without having rack fulls come clearance time down the road, if shops even order them in.

There are two schools of thought, and both are valid. One says that you have to price the same to be perceived to be as good. The other is that by pricing lower, you provide more value at that price point. There are some people that will not consider any stick that is not priced at the highest levels, as they believe cheaper sticks aren't as good. Personally, I believe chasing those sales is a lost cause for a smaller manufacturer, as those buyers tend to be very brand conscious.

There are two schools of thought, and both are valid. One says that you have to price the same to be perceived to be as good. The other is that by pricing lower, you provide more value at that price point. There are some people that will not consider any stick that is not priced at the highest levels, as they believe cheaper sticks aren't as good. Personally, I believe chasing those sales is a lost cause for a smaller manufacturer, as those buyers tend to be very brand conscious.

I agree, and not to side track the conversation here too much, but 300 is more retail than the other manufacturers, so are they trying to play an angle that their product Is superior? right now they are priced pretty competitively with the big guys, and with good reason, their product is just as good. They aren't exactly a start up, I get that, but if 260 a twig is steep, 300 is much worse. I am just going to say this is a rumor right now, I just cant imagine them targeting that price tag, unless there is some new technology they aren't mentioning yet, more than just a clever flex profile re-name.

CCM Jetspeed, Ribcor & Tacks are starting to look real good. Any word on the next generation of Easton skates? (Mako, Synergy, Stealth).

If I remember correctly I read a mod saying that other than a release of a lower price point Mako, there won't be a "new" skate for Easton's 2015.

Side note, the new Jetspeed looks like a Red/Black version of a Supreme skate to me.

I'm hearing that the Jetspeed will be a narrow type fit, Tacks middle, and Ribcore wider (like the original Reebok). Anyone heard the same?

I'm hearing that the Jetspeed will be a narrow type fit, Tacks middle, and Ribcore wider (like the original Reebok). Anyone heard the same?

I sure hope that isn't true as I love the fit of my RBZs and would like to see it continue to the Jetspeed.

This may not be anyone's area of expertise but any word on the sky cams? The Blues have played their past two games in Vancouver and Toronto and FSMW had access to them in both areas and that the first time I've noticed them. Just searching for any info

This may not be anyone's area of expertise but any word on the sky cams? The Blues have played their past two games in Vancouver and Toronto and FSMW had access to them in both areas and that the first time I've noticed them. Just searching for any info

It has to do with Rogers and their NHL broadcasting deal in Canada. You can view some of the other camera views and features on their website: https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/gameplus T

he plan is to have these Skycams in all 7 Canadian NHL rinks.

I sure hope that isn't true as I love the fit of my RBZs and would like to see it continue to the Jetspeed.

Fit has definitely changed, but for the better if you ask me.

Fit has definitely changed, but for the better if you ask me.

Can you elaborate on the changes? The RBZ is the first skate I have ever worn that has not bothered my feet. I've had others that were good for a 2 hour session, but would start to give some pain. In the RBZs I wear now I have felt great upto 3 hours with no hint of discomfort.