Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

That's what I did and the best answer I could find quickly (on my way out the door to work) was this thread, which says it's not a difference between the CURV/ALIVE composite quarter boots, but a forefoot that's more :: ( _ _ _ ) :: shaped compared to the traditional :: | _ _ _ | :: . Essentially, they make the quarters more anatomically rounded with their 3D Lasted boots, but those boots can be CURV/ALIVE or Tech Mesh, though they tend more often to be made with the CURV/ALIVE.

Which shows me it's not a simple distinction between the skates based on which materials they use for the quarters. Just like All Flash said here,

Let's re-phrase......what is the fit difference between a 3d last(alive comp) and a traditional last?(techmesh)

I used to think it was how they made the boots out of the two materials differently. Based on the thread I linked to, it doesn't seem like that's the case.

That's what I did and the best answer I could find quickly (on my way out the door to work) was this thread, which says it's not a difference between the CURV/ALIVE composite quarter boots, but a forefoot that's more :: ( _ _ _ ) :: shaped compared to the traditional :: | _ _ _ | :: . Essentially, they make the quarters more anatomically rounded with their 3D Lasted boots, but those boots can be CURV/ALIVE or Tech Mesh, though they tend more often to be made with the CURV/ALIVE.

Which shows me it's not a simple distinction between the skates based on which materials they use for the quarters. Just like All Flash said here,

I used to think it was how they made the boots out of the two materials differently. Based on the thread I linked to, it doesn't seem like that's the case.

If you watch the videos, you'd see that when the CURV boot is touched for the first time by a human hand, the shell has a pre-defined shape, then it is built up. A traditionally-lasted skate starts out completely flat and built up then shaped. There are more man-hours dedicated to building the traditionally-lasted skate and the degree of customization is much greater, which is why a) they can do a Vapor cut because each piece is hand-cut and b) is more expensive than a CURV boot. I sell MX3 custom for $980, but Nexus 7000 is $1099. The cost is that significant.

At first glance I thought, "Woah, someone's still using Vector V10-silver editions?" A second look corrected that guess.

21848405089_df4d52f600_b.jpg

I'm not sure those are shot blockers, looks like the pattern is right on the boot. I noticed the skates in the Rangers pre-game locker room shot and thought someone was in Vectors.

They definitely look like shot blockers to me. If you zoom in on that photo, you can see where the Napor 7000 skin and ribs on the heel get covered by a smoother plastic piece. If you follow the body of the plastic piece, you'll notice its edges along the sole of the boot on the bottom, the tendon guard to facing bridge and along the edge of the boot's facing on all but the bottom two eyelets, and the third eyelet from the top, where it actually laces up to the boot. I'm reaching here, but it looks like it might say "ZUCC (something)" on the heel.

I just cut and blew it up and rotated it. Yes they actually are Shot Blockers. Look like custom Shot Blocker XT Pro's. Great eye Flip 12. I cant make out what they say on the side though.

The only thing about Zuccarello is that they're shot blockers, yes, but don't appear to be made by ShotBlockers. If you look closely, they are fitted differently and are missing the back strip that is used by ShotBlockers. Additionally, ShotBlockers has gone away from the black carbon ones and now seems to just use the clear plastic, albeit in the same mold process. Here is another look at these...Anyone have any leads??

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/andrew-shaw-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-gets-knocked-to-ice-news-photo/491739738

Funny thing is, ShotBlocker went away from the black carbon because of vendors wanting fans to see the skate brands. Good call on there not being the back strap.

Maybe some sort of adhesive to keep these in place. I do see where they are laced through 5 or 6 of the eyelets. 2 at the bottom and 3 or 4 at the top. Not sure if that alone would keep them in place though.

a bit suprised, 20k is in use for nhlers after ribcor and ccm ribcor series released.

Not uncommon at all. Guys have older stock left over that they can go back to the next season.