Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

We are on the topic of NHL careers that died after going to Bauer. In this case the P02 Samsonov.

The guy had so much promise! Then he got traded for Marty Reasoner...

I remember when his pro stocks were so sought after on this site. The beginning of the toe curve obsession. Same time as the smyth pattern from warrior, and the Kovy pro stock replacement blades from hockey monkey

They're just unnecessary with modern Skates. It's easier now to build in some extra carbon fiber layers for protection. Cowlings used to be important but now they just (literally) get in the way.

I get hit on the my cowlings all the time, these things better be crazy protective as my current cowlings don't protect much.

Maybe it makes the goalies another 1/2 inch faster?

Some goalies are now cutting away part of the cowling in order to get a deeper angle as it is, so I'm sure that's part of the idea with the 1S.

I get hit on the my cowlings all the time, these things better be crazy protective as my current cowlings don't protect much.

I would almost expect it to be better, because like you said the cowlings aren't all that great. A couple layers of carbon fiber and/or Kevlar would probably be better than a thin plastic layer.

Some goalies are now cutting away part of the cowling in order to get a deeper angle as it is, so I'm sure that's part of the idea with the 1S.

I would almost expect it to be better, because like you said the cowlings aren't all that great. A couple layers of carbon fiber and/or Kevlar would probably be better than a thin plastic layer.

It will probably really help with manufacturing. They could probably build one basic boot and then tweak the boot for a player or goalie. IE add a tendon guard or not