Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

After being stuck on a plateau for the last 2 and a half months, I'm finally under 240, weighing in at 237 as of this morning. 90 pounds lost in just over 18 months. Hopefully I'm on a roll now and the race to get to 100 won't take as long!

Edited by hamstercaster

Was having some issues with song selection and sent out an email today. I was a little concerned with some of the responses I got and even considered bailing on practice and the band in general. I was even stuck in traffic and a couple minutes late getting there tonight. It ended up being pretty good and I now have a lot more faith in the project than ever before. That's why you stick with things when they seem a little bleak, it often comes around for you.

Got the email I'd been waiting for with an access code to buy winter classic tickets yesterday. Quickly selected my tickets (along with the GLI tickets you are required to buy) and realize it'll be $700 for the four seats. Call my wife to beg... as I start to tell her the price she interrupts with "it's a once in a lifetime thing, what are you waiting for?". I'm lucky to have married someone who just gets it!

First game of the season, 2 subs on bench against a stacked team with three lines of good players. Lost the game big time... But managed to get some confidence back against goalies. Been too scared to deke the goalies in the past, resulting in many missed chances. Got the consolation goal when I. Managed to deke him out of his pants and just slide the puck into the empty net.... Now if only the refs start bringing their eyes to the game and calling all the blatant trips that we're made.

Watching our local USHL team playing the championship for the Jr U20 Club World Cup. Live on YouTube right now:

Go Black Hawks!

Edited by Too Old

1 wwek to go to get back on the ice after the summer off. I am sure I'll be sucking wind after an lazy summer - but I can't wait to get back out there.

just got my benefits package all taken care of at work, i feel so grown up.

And its surprisingly great coverage too, full vision, at 1.60$ a month. Dental in full up to 15K for only 3.50 and my work covers the difference for the plan. It's awesome

Corporate hockey league starts next Monday, pick up next Thursday and shinny next Friday. Going to be a busy week of hockey but with summer hockey over and the running I've been doing I think it's going to be a great start.

Last week I opened my mail and got a check from my health insurance company for $800. A few days ago, I got another one for $700. No idea why, but not complaning!

It was most likely a medical loss rebate check. If your in a small group then your insurance has to issue a rebate if they didn't spend a certain percentage of small group premiums on medical expenses.

Ice in at the rink near me. Nobody ever seems to notice for the first two weeks of the season. Went to two adult shinny sessions this week and I was the only one there. Had the ice to myself for two hours each day for six bucks a pop. Now that's a rental I can afford!